Euro Fishing So Very Stale Now...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chunglee, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Chunglee

Chunglee New Member

Anyone else finding this game very stale now? I loved the potential this game had but limitations with tackle customization and bait selection, lack of immersive play, and no ability to make your own venue has made me go off this really quick. I mean honestly, who fishes with a luminous green plastic maggot on a size 6 hook in real life and spends hours and hours getting to level 15 for absolutely no reward..?

They could have done so much more by making the game mechanics simpler and by adding a more immersive RP type approach to progression. Instead we seem to spend forever leveling up for no reason, as above, the tackle load outs are unrealistic and very limited. Considering you guys got Korda on board for the launch you could've used a lot more of their gear and advice as selections for tackle and bait instead of the nonsense stuff that we find in the tackle box selection. The multi player mode seems to be pointless or am I missing something? The release content is waaaaaay way way too slow! You've been promising the urban venue since last year yet its gone very very quiet and without the ability to edit and create our own maps, there seems little point in playing anymore. I'm so disappointed, as the fishing simulator genre very badly needs a decent replacement for Fishsim 2 by JC Spooner (circa 2000..) but as yet I've not found one. That's 17 years of decent fishing game void..!

My suggestion Dovetail, pair back the overly engineered and system resource thirsty graphics and fish behaviours etc. Make the game perform better with a much simpler design. Introduce a better multiplayer/RP system that immerses the player with "quest" type progression over longer periods with meaningful rewards for levelling up and make a meaningful competition with other players. But, most importantly, above all else, please please please let people edit their own venues so that we have a means of keeping the game alive and vibrant. 5 same old venues has become very dull indeed.

I want to love this game so much, but I just can't anymore. No doubt by the time you release the "urban venue" your fan base will have long gone.

So close guys.

2. TrainSim-Jio

TrainSim-Jio Member

Thankyou for your suggestion Chunglee, we appreciate the feedback from our playerbase very much. Our aim for this product was to make it simulate 'real life' (our other products do the same thing- Train Simulator, Flight Simulator, etc.) and we are constantly working towards EF being the same sort of thing.
    We appreciate that our updates have been slow, but we are a small dedicated team working very hard on multiple aspects of the game at once and we are always keeping our players up to date on our social media whenever we have news to share.
    We sincerely hope that you hang in there, and enjoy the potential updates and DLC that we will offer in the future. In the meantime, if you have any queries, feedback or issues you would like to share personally with us, you can contact us at support@dovetailgames.kayako.com.

• Like Like x 1
  3. FishermensFriend

FishermensFriend New Member

At least youse take our ideas on board and answer our questions.........more than some of the "bigger" companies do!! So cheers for answering!

4. Zenon52

Zenon52 New Member

I think sometimes game is too realistic, good when is choose: easy sustem or realstic system in catch fish. Game is good but need updates because sometimes is too boring and problems killing game. Chunglee have good ideas.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  5. bI4ckp4nth3r_187

bI4ckp4nth3r_187 New Member

I've only been playing since it hit the ps4 so it's not stale for me yet, I find it very very good despite all it's flaws.

I just wish the devs would be more open and update us weekly in the form of 'this week we added X amount of rods/fish' or 'this week we found and fixed this bug, and hope to release it on X date'

The games been out 18months and it's still broken and all i see online is
    • Were working on it
    • Coming soon
    • Were a small team

Can we have better updates on updates?

6. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Hi bI4ckp4nth3r_187, we will bring you news on the update by the end of this week. Once the patch we are working on has been released we will be aiming to keep the community better informed of what we are up to.

7. titan28

titan28 Active Member

We all know what that news is going to be, something along the lines of.. "we are working hard on the updates and will give more information as soon as we can, we know the community is frustrated and we apologize.".. there is literally no point in recycling old news and comments.

Unless you have somehow magically fixed a problem that has been present on all 3 systems since launch then I personally wish you wouldn't even bother trying to fob us off with yet more bull.

I would however be more more sympathetic and trusting if you just came out and told us..

"At the moment we have no idea how to fix the bugs, we are working towards getting more peopled involved in development so they can try to fix it, the DLC lake has been ready for sometime, we just don't want to put it out while the game is in such a state and we fear the new lake will also have these bugs, as for new fish species and tackle and all the other suggestions the community has offered, we have listened and have thought about these, unfortunately we are unable to implement these until further additions are made to our development team."

The above statement would go a lot further with the community than fobbing us off with.. "soon"

8. a dapper kiwi

a dapper kiwi New Member

Dont play WT or WOT lol, they both thrive on the word "soon" even trademarked it haha