Game Update Train Sim World 2 - Add-ons Manager Is Here

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Sep 21, 2022.

Tags:
  1. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

It’s been a long journey, but we’re happy to announce today that the Add-ons Manager has been released on console for Train Sim World 2 players.

This has been a long time coming, and we appreciate everyone’s patience as we’ve put together this solution for a complex issue. We hope this will provide a long-term, robust benefit for our console players.

Read more about it in our article: https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/train-sim-world-add-ons-manager

Addon Manager Limit Unlocked.jpg

Train Sim World 3 is our next focus, and we’ll provide an update on progress in October’s Roadmap, currently due on Thursday October 6th.

Please allow for 24 hours for the update to hit your console devices before contacting Dovetail Support, and let us know your feedback on our forums.

• Like Like x 17
  2. TheKillEffect

TheKillEffect Member

This is brilliant news! PS5 Players, the looooong wait is finally over!!!

Any news on when the Train Sim World 3 update be released from the blog post on the 15th September?

• Like Like x 3
  3. lewielevy

lewielevy Well-Known Member

4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Thank goodness. Hopefully this improves performance for all users on tsw2

5. bdobronz1968

bdobronz1968 Active Member

But not so good news for Xbox Series S players like me, regarding the announcement the problems with out of memory crashes still aren‘t solved, which is very sad! I‘ve hoped so badly that the Add-Ons manager would help with this annoying crashes, especially at Dresden routes, now I must admit that I‘m a bit disappointed.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jay1986

Jay1986 Well-Known Member

Time to switch back to TSW2 until TSW3 gets the limit unlock upgrade.

• Like Like x 2
  7. simonr#5214

simonr#5214 New Member

Is this version 1.90 on PlayStation as it’s only 277.3mb ???

8. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

It's almost as if they should have baked this solution into their flagship new game as they were developing it!

It's one thing to get hit by a 64GB limit once a game has been developed, but to knowingly release a new game with the same issue is quite another!

I eagally await an update got TSW3 in the October road map but I have no expectation of a expected date being announced.

• Like Like x 5
  9. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

They address this in the article linked above.

10. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

First bug found already. Looks like the DB BR 406 goes missing for some routes for me. I've tried PS4, PS5 and XBOX Versions and they are all slightly different, but this is not working properly. I've posted in the Technical Reports Forum for Playstation, but seems, at least for me, that it's broken on both consoles.

PS5 - In Timetable : DB 406 missing from all routes in. Nahverkehr Dresden has 2 DB RB 143's
    XBOX - in Timetable - BB BR 406 missing from Koln Aachen, but present in Nahverkehr Dresen.
    PS4 - same as XBOX.

I'll try reinstalling but given that it's the same train missing,across 3 platforms., looks like a bug.

Update :

I might have found the Issue. After reinstalling the game.on PS5 I went to the Dresden Route. Played a DB BR 406 service. I then returned to Menu and switched Route to Köln. The DB BR 406 was missing (along with one other train). I exited the game and went back in and the DB BR 406 (and one other train can't remember which) reappeared. So looks like I can now have all my DLC installed, but for certain trains I have to exit the game between runs.

Same apples for XBOX. Exiting the game and going back in makes the Trains reappear. But I had to reinstall on the internal drive. Didn't seem to work installing to the Expansion Card (which is where TSW3 is installed)

PS4 Version completely broken after reinstall - I only had space on my external drive and it won't find any routes at all. Suspect it might be ok in the internal drive, but I don't have space.

Update 2 :

XBOX only - Rapid transit has many services missing in timetable mode. The Dosto Cab Car is Missing and the BR 182 now wants me to buy it again. In both timetables.

Other XBOX DLC Missing as well - BR182, South Eastern Highspeed, BR Class 465 all asking me to pay again.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

Dose anyone actually still play tsw2?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

"NO MORE LIMITS", eh? Can't help but feel that someone is having a little too much fun sticking it to Sony :)
    [​IMG]
    Source

I'm looking forward to the player reports. Will it actually work or break more than it fixes, as is the norm?

• Like Like x 4
  13. Tigert1966

Yes, because they broke some of the TSW3 versions with the latest preservation update. These haven't been applied to TSW2 yet, so they still work! (For me a lot of services now have the Red Light issue in Luzern - Sursee)

• Like Like x 2
  14. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

I do, I’m going for all the trophies and won’t buy TSW3 until I have them. It’s an obsessive kinda thing. 180 to go haha!

• Like Like x 9
  15. Lil jj

Lil jj Well-Known Member

Where is the add-ons manager on xbox one s?

16. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

Oh i see, didn't know that.
    You will be done just as TSW4 is announced haha, good luck with completing your goal!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Tigert1966

It's automatic. It's not something you can select.

• Like Like x 2
  18. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

But isn’t TSW2 still missing the updates of the Sept 6 TSW3 patch (including the preservation updates for a bunch of routes).

They’ve really forked the game right now where for the most updated routes you should play on 3 but to have all your routes at once you need to play on 2.

• Like Like x 6
  19. ApollonJustice

ApollonJustice Well-Known Member

Nice, but why on TSW2 first? TSW3 should be more important now.

20. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

Come on, that would make sense!

It's allegedly beccause "all the testing took place in TS2" so they wanted to release it there first.

It's just like all the preservation updates that have been finished for ages, some of which have been though a couple of rounds of testing in TSW2 but came out on TSW3 first! Oh wait, it's the exact opposite if that and makes no sense at all!

• Like Like x 7
  21. Tigert1966

Personally, I'm glad it's come out on TSW2 first. I've found bugs in it already and although they can be worked around, I'm glad they didn't mess up TSW3 first.

• Like Like x 1
  22. satoru#3751

satoru#3751 Member

The add on manager thing apply to only PS5 user? Not for PS4 user?

23. YASUKE

YASUKE Active Member

It’ll come later for PS5 but now available for PS4

24. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Well, today's update made my GWE return, so that's good! But trying to start any Diesel Legends service immediately crashes me to the xbox dashboard. Not so great.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Tigert1966

It's really quite a mess on XBOX. I just realised it's asking me to pay again to install the BR182, SEH and BR465. There are trains missing from Rapid transit. I've also had 2 crashes switching routes, so I assume it was looking for something it couldn't find. As I reported earlier, the DB BR 406 can only be selected once, then it disappears from any other route it layers onto. I usually cut DTG some slack on Bugs, but this wasn't even needed for XBOX.

Going to be raising a lot of tickets at the weekend instead of playing the game.

26. Princess Entrapta

Thankfully my missing routes and locos reappeared with this update! The opposite of what happened to you. the problem is I can't play them all as every single diesel legends service crashes my XBox to the dashboard when I try to start it.

Something has been VERY wrong with TSW2 recognising routes since TSW3's launch. Even for those of us who don't have TSW3 installed until all the bugs are ironed out.

[edit] a reinstall of diesel legends has confirmed that the problem is almost certainly with the new TSW2 core update and not a bad download at my end of the DLC or somesuch

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
  27. Tigert1966

I have the same problem with Diesel Legends on PS5, don't have it for XBOX. I completely uninstalled TSW3 in case it made a difference, but it doesn't.

28. Princess Entrapta

Until today's patch the game didn't recognise me as even owning GWE, so it was definitely nice to see it selectable again after the update, and I can play the regular timetable fine, but any time I select a Diesel Legends service it crashes immediately on the loading screen. I think it's pretty clear the addons manager is the most likely culprit, as this sort of crash is what you'd expect if it tries to load the loco and it's not there among the stuff loaded into memory for the route.

29. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I'm sure they'll iron out the problems with this patch, but, until they do, I don't want it anywhere near my PC, in case anyone was thinking about it.
    It's not needed, anyway. ;)

30. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

if you dont have anything usefull stop saying noncense

• Like Like x 5
  31. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

You’ll be shocked to know that some still play TSW OG

• Like Like x 4
  32. Princess Entrapta

TSW2?
    Some of us like to be able to save in the middle of big US freight runs.
    TSW?
    Some of us want to play NEC: New York.

• Like Like x 7
  33. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

And that bloody cab car !

34. IfICanDream

IfICanDream Active Member

The reason for the add-on manager was because the PS5 had an add-on limit. PS4 does not.

35. IfICanDream

Is the add-on manager available from the menu in TSW2? Right now I don’t see it. Or is it integrated into the game?

36. Tigert1966

The add on manager is automatic. There is no option that you need to select.

37. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Please keep addon manager away from Series X! We don’t need it and it will just add bugs etc. Consider as a wee PC and treat it accordingly. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  38. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

Tigert1966 Princess Entrapta or anyone else experiencing problems. Please ensure that you troubleshoot the problem by power cycling your console.

Xbox Consoles:
    You can perform a full power cycle on your Xbox console, to reboot it completely and fix many common issues. This process does not erase any of your games or data.

Disconnect and reconnect your console's power cable:
    1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.
      • Important Make sure that you wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

• Important Do not unplug the power cable whilst the console is in "Instant On" mode.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

39. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

The whole point is that you will need it.

Every DLC that you purchase increases the footprint of DLC on system RAM. So if you own everything the more memory is used (around 500mb stated by DTG)

Sooner or later it would have impacted you in some way such as out of memory crash.

As Sam once stated on livestream on Munich release that if they don't get on top of the memory issue they will have to stop making DLC's

So you can try to pretend that you have a mini PC as much as you like but sooner or later you will learn that your Xbox is simply a console with the same limitations as the PS5 (hence why you are gonna be getting this)

• Like Like x 1
  40. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Play has no limits indeed, expect when the game crashes. It seems that it doesn't really solve the crashing experienced by some. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened in tsw3 as well

I guess trying to stick it to sony backfired when the game crashes

41. IfICanDream

Thanks!

42. IfICanDream

Just want to add my thanks to DTG for getting this done. I was surprised to read that TSW was the only game that had the problem and that Sony wasn’t aware of it. That says a lot right there. But thanks again.

43. trpted

trpted Member

Just to be clear this is for PS5 only? What about PS4, Xbox and lastly PC?

Please and thank you

44. Princess Entrapta

That's the first thing everyone tries. It's not a cache thing either as a local data clear also does not fix it. And it happens on Playstation as well as XBox so it's not platform specific.

• Like Like x 1
  45. Princess Entrapta

Technically, any game where the DLC comes as separate files you need to download, rather than being bundled into the main install and simply "unlocked" by downloading a 10MB "DLC" would be affected by this. TSW was just noticeable for it right away due to DTG obviously not packaging their DLC that anti-consumer way or everyone playing it would need to download a few gigabytes of extra content every time a new route launched, and the basic TSW2/3 install would be a mandatory 200+GB.

• Like Like x 1
  46. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

We had previously stated that PC platforms would receive Add-ons Manager, but we saw negligible impact on the ‘Out of Memory’ errors, so didn’t want to overcomplicate things. As the majority of the work had been done on Train Sim World 2, we wanted to complete that in its entirety before porting the work onto Train Sim World 3 next.

47. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I wonder if this is going to work for Xbox One Series X/S? This console does not have a 64GB limit seen on PS5

48. Princess Entrapta

The benefits on XBox come down to less memory usage. This is helpful as the consoles have a more limited pool of available memory than your average PC.

• Like Like x 1
  49. ApollonJustice

ApollonJustice Well-Known Member

Hmm... I haven`t noticed any bugs yet concerning the addon Manager on my PS5...

50. Tigert1966

If you have Köln Aachen and Dresden Reisa. Try driving the ICE on one, then switching to the other and see if the ICE still appears. For me on both XBOX and PS5 it disappears on the 2nd Route. If you have Diesel Legends, See if you can drive any service, it will very likely crash. There are others, but those two are the big ones for me at the moment.

• Like Like x 1