My Tsw Review

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Bamz2317, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Bamz2317

Bamz2317 Member

After a year of playing tsw i thought i might write my own review. First of all i own most of the rotes except wsr and rro. I play on xbox one s

Gameplay
    you can play for hours on end especially if you own the dlc routes. When i first played tsw i was amazed at how hands on the game actually is, you can press and move most buttons and levers. I enjoy the free roam mode because i can look around the stations and yards which i use to explore train yards in real life. Theres a good selection of locomotives with a few variants, definitely need some routes that aren't set in europe or the u.s(hint) my favorite locos are the old British diesels. As for game modes, the time table mode is the bread and butter so you will spend most of your time in it. Theres a few bugs and glitches but most games these days are affected by them

Graphics
    The graphics feel a bit off on some of the routes like pen corridor which looks a bit to bright. On pc the graphics would look better but there not to bad on xbox one and there is some moments when the game looks great. The locos and rolling stock are fairly detailed on xbox but some textures are a bit fuzzy but are decent overall. Staions and yards look exactly like there real life counterparts, as they should.

Sound
    Sound is fairly decent but theres a few bugs like the class 40 horn. I absolutely love the sound of the diesels both u.s and uk especially with surround sound it feels like im really driving. Also theres little sound effects like the air raid siren and seagulls on the tees valley route and not to mention the various factory sounds too.

Thoughts
    Overall tsw is a great experience especially for rail enthusiasts like me who has dreamed about driving a train and tsw is a big step for the console sim market. Though tsw isn't ground breaking its still enjoyable. I thinks dovetail has a great platform to recreate historical routes for us younger people to experience(born in 91) there is some improvements to be made like fixing the bugs and glitches also we need routes outside uk, germany and u.s. id like to see other European countries and Australia. Last thing id like to be able to drive my vintage diesels on a modern uk route.

Shalom peace

• Like Like x 4
  2. thephantom0288

thephantom0288 New Member

Nice Review I play on the X and the Graphics and overall Performance is Night and Day!! But I used to play on the S and still loved it!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Excellent review....! There's a huge range of expectations when it comes to TSW, and it's always really good to see a fully thought-out view, by someone taking the time to write. Thank you - a really good read! Since you mentioned TVL, and since I have been plugging it recently (I had nothing to do with it being made, but I think it deserves more sales....), here is a picture for you:

37s on Fire on TVL.jpg

4. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

I've seen some TSW livestreams on Twitch with people playing on an Xbox One X, yeah, I have to say it looks fantastic. For me, it's all about the framerate. Having it at 60fps immerses the gameplay. Can't wait for next gen TSW!