Ts20: Highball To The Heartland!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Oct 31, 2019.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

Written by: Gary Dolzall.

Extraordinary railroading in America’s Heartland awaits you with the now-available Train Simulator Union Pacific Kansas City – Topeka route!

READ MORE

• Like Like x 5
  2. treid09

treid09 Guest

*dumps his entire wallet out to get this*

3. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

Here's my wallet, enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

My wallet is empty and could be a while before I can add this route to my collection.

• Like Like x 1
  5. treid09

treid09 Guest

With you Michael. I am going to have to wait until the Christmas sale for this (not enough in my wallet when I emptied it...)

6. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

I hope you mean next year's Christmas sale, because DTG never puts new stuff up for sale. If they do, they'll only take maybe 10 or 15% off. It's not like older routes where you see 50 or 60% off.

7. treid09

treid09 Guest

Maybe I will wait then. The thought of piloting a quartet of SD70ACes at 70 MPH has the perplexing effect of squeezing more money out of me though.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2019
  8. John Murphy

Yeah, it's tempting me too, since it's an American freight route that's not a slow tedious mountain pass for once. But I'm just about broke right now, so I'll be waiting. It's definitely on my list though.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

Unfortunately this route suffers from all the usual DTG problems

1 - The rail fan scenarios are nowhere to be found, either in career or standard

2 - At least two scenarios with the GP40 don't give any score, tick or medals when finished, meaning the achievements are not awarded

3 - There are lots of random unmarked speed limits, not just in yard areas or at junctions, but when you are running plain line at 60 mph and you suddenly get a 20 point penalty for speeding

A shame, the usual lack of testing by DTG - very lazy

10. John Murphy

And that is why I turn scoring off. Also, problems are a given with any DTG route. Hey, it could be a lot worse.

• Like Like x 1
  11. treid09

treid09 Guest

I know that DTG's stuff is not always flawless, and they have some quality control issues sometimes, but they do a good job all things considered. So many people choose to focus on their issues, while ignoring the high points. I'm just happy we have this route.