PC Stuck At Signal - Save Options

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Jack O'Track, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Jack O'Track

Jack O'Track Active Member

Hi, i just got my 1st railway sim, TSW2020. Thus lot's of beginners Qs.

1) Got one extra pack with the loc below. Going down the Bishop-Minehead route i got stuck at a signal somewhere 2/3rd of the route to Minehead. I feel that i'ts a bug, as i let my PC 'waiting' for about 20 minutes (engine running etc). Is this a bug?

You cannot move past it anyway, you die. But is there a 'God" mode one can use to go on?

2) Save options: Is there only one storage buffer? For all the games installed the same?

3) With 2 flight sims i know well you can increase the game speed from 1/8x 'till 8x.
    Is that possible, or can you pick up manually from a place along the route.

4) Is there an Ai (autopilot) function switch?

5) I really like the scenery, and especially the trains i've seen sofar. Have to figure out that Raytracing business as my NVIDIA RTX card is capable off, Tips welcome ....

PS. As a kid my dad had an extensive Marklin train set i was allowed to play with, so all my life i had an itchy feeling missing that. A train sim like this sort of makes up for it. No large room needed, and you save a lot of cash LoL.

PS2. I know TSW is about trains, but why are all the platform zombies look like they're around mid 30-ies? No kids, old ladies, dogs, railway workers along the route ..... And mostly only wearing T-shirts in winter.

Sideliner: Most parked vans are white Transits, and an about 20 years old. I hate that model, always broke down when you needed it. Bought a VW T4 because of that.

thnx, J

Attached Files:

• loc.jpg
      loc.jpg
      File size:
      124.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

That route is a single track line with passing sidings. Sometimes you have to wait for another train to move to go into a siding before you can go. Yes, one save for the whole game.

3. Jack O'Track

Thanks, are those saves named and to be side tracked in a folder for later recall maybe?

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

1> Some scenarios are bugged and others seem to work randomly. Check that a lineside switch isn't against you or some such and try again. Always do exactly what the instructions tell you!

2> Yep, only ONE save spot.

3> Don't compare this to other games, it has some features they don't, but doesn't have others that some sims do. There isn't a speed up function to my knowledge in TSW

4> Yep, spawn as a pedestrian on the service screen menu then rather than boarding as the driver, board as a passenger and just sit down

5> Do a google search on it. There are people who've done guides and vids on it

Because they focus on the trains and routes rather than the passengers. It has been noted they all seem to be of a similar demographic
    Same as passengers

5. Jack O'Track

What is a lineside switch ? can' find it in the manual ..

6. Anthony Pecoraro

A track junction lever.

7. Jack O'Track

Thanks, uhh, tried to find that in the manual, but how can you access one? Walkabouts?

8. Anthony Pecoraro

Yes, or you can use a camera to fly to it, or you can use the map.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jack O'Track

thnx, i read something about switches and the map, but was only able to zoom in and out, not able to activate anything there ...

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  10. Anthony Pecoraro

There are circles with a little arrow on them on the track. These are only on manual junctions though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

See if you can find a video of that scenario on youtube and watch what they do...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jack O'Track

will do ..