PC Solved - Sound Issues Help!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ducatiant, Nov 4, 2019.

1. ducatiant

ducatiant Member

Hi, new on here and after a bit of help please if possible.

I've lost engine and run sounds on the Tees Valley Class 37 and steel wagons since the last major core update. Every other route/loco runs perfectly, it's only these two things I have an issue with.

I'm in the process of submitting a ticket with DTG but wondered if anyone else has had this problem and if you found a fix. General opinion from people I've spoken to already say it's a hardware/software problem (ie drivers or not meeting min specs - my pc has everything above requirements apart from the cpu which is an i3 but I run every setting on high or ultra and the sim runs very well) and the sim is dropping the sounds to save cpu/gpu/memory. But I have an idea it's a file or coding problem as there isn't any idle sound from the 37 even on the loco filter page when you're doing a timetable scenario. So at that point there's no load on any hardwar. This suggests they are just missing altogether.

I should point out (almost forgot..) that I've verified the game files and alls OK.

Any thoughts, ideas would be much appreciated.

Ant

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  2. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

If you are happy editing the engine files you can try experimenting with the AudioQualityLevel=1 setting in C:\Users\Kayode\Documents\My Games\TS2Prototype\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini file.

There is a bug with the Class 37 that if AudioQualityLevel=2 the sounds do not play try setting 0 or 1.

Kman

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. ducatiant

ducatiant Member

Thanks Kman, I'll try that tonight.

Ant

4. ducatiant

ducatiant Member

All sorted and fixed! Set the value to 1 and all the sounds are back, I can drive the 37 again! Thanks so much for your help Kman.

Ant

5. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Great it worked, thanks for the update!!

• Like Like x 1