PlayStation Free Play: Help A Newbie Change Directions

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by lubuxlloyd, Nov 4, 2019.

1. lubuxlloyd

lubuxlloyd New Member

Hey there! I'm quite new to the genre, however I love it. I recently discovered that when I end a route in timetable mode I can then go into free play and drive the same train back. However, I wasn't able to get the train running, so what did I possibly miss? What are the steps I have to go through (basically) when I leave the cab... Thanks a lot.

2. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

That depends on what type of train it is, of course ;)
    Usually, you have to shut down the cab which you came (master key, reverser to off/neutral, etc.), walk to the other end and start up the cab there.

Not properly shutting down a cab can cause a train to refuse to move. Again, depends on what train it is.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lubuxlloyd

lubuxlloyd New Member

Reverser to neutral and master key is what I did, but I wondered if there was something I forgot. I came from the dbpbzfa in Rapid Transit and changed into the Cab of the BR 182. But I wonder since I finished the timetable task before entering free play, maybe the game shut down the train for me and me going back was the one step too much. I'll try again, I guess :D

4. thearkerportian

Did you release the brakes in the cab car?

5. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Have you turned the train line switch to start. ( are the lights on in the passenger areas? Its located to the left of the console near to the pzb controls in the dosto cab.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  6. thearkerportian

BR 182 with DoStos he said.

• Like Like x 1
  7. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Hello! I found out early on that this page can be a life saver when your trying to do something the in game tutorials don’t really go over and I still use it today! These are manuals for all routes and locomotives that explain how to start up your engine and more!