Tsw: The Tees Type Two

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Nov 1, 2019.

1. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

All platforms tomorrow

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

OK, Don't normally complain but that's a lazy lazy manual... no display of the cab interior (which is almost standard on these manuals) and very little info on the units themselves... How to start and stop and then a full guide on UK signalling...

• Like Like x 2
  4. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I never really read them but actually enjoyed reading about the signals this time as I just assumed I knew what they meant!! But actually learned something new about the Semaphore signals. The manuals seem really generic to me really from the glancing that I have done. I think your right it could contain more about the cab and various buttons with images would be best. If not they could do a training that goes over the cab better than the usual just cover the essentials but things like cab lights, turning on the AWS dont get covered.

5. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

If you're interested in a bit more detail you can read the manual for the real thing here: http://www.locodocs.co.uk/brmanuals/31drivingprepdispinstructions1965.htm

• Like Like x 4
  6. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

OMG I just saw sparks from wheelslip finally !

8. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

its launched tmora at 4pm on ps4 cost 11.99

9. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

10. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

On an unrelated but related note I got epic wheelslip on the NTP earlier- oil train..

11. matthewbguilford

I have tried to create the wheel slip effect on PS4 with no success so hearing this is exciting!

12. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

It’s already out ! Thanks for this DTG A7794697-AA57-4987-A53C-B9E3AF684C17.jpeg

13. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

which platfrom as steam PC says tomorrow at 6pm

14. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I bought the Loco on PS4. I test it out now because i need a break from NFS Heat

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  15. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

It’s on PS4

16. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Ok Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  17. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

Update resolved the missing services, thanks train-SimSteve. Please note however that the issue of add ons not registering on the routes stats overview persists.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Well from having my reservations about it not currently being a sub on ntp.
    I hold my hands up DTG.
    So far Ive run the cement to tees yard. Done a turnaround and now heading back west with a new load. Single loco (I thought all cement would have been double headed) thats a welcome suprise.
    Im not a TSXx player, Ive seen plenty of it but only have experience of playing TSW on PS4, but my 1st impressions are, its fantastic, Im blown away by the looks the sounds, can see the headlights down the track( like the class 40 with the headlamp front nose) Im deafened from the horn! I can now hear it from considerable distances on approach and after passing, havent to this extent so far in TSW. (Hope this is the norm going forward). The engine sounds raspy similar to the 33 which I thoroughly enjoy driving. The PCA v tanks look and sound the business too. £11.49 very well spent.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  19. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Hi KMAN,

Always happy to get constructive feedback on the manuals, will see what can be done on the next round. Is there anything else you feel could be added that would be more helpful?

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 2
  20. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Hi Steve,
    I will have another read of the class 31 Manual and see if I can think of other positive ideas. Thanks very much for the response I really appreciate it.

21. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

The real question is can you multi the Class 31 with the Class 37? Seeing as they are both Blue Star, it would be cool to have some variety in the double heading.

• Like Like x 1
  22. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

After having another look I feel a small section on recovering from General faults like when you try to apply power while the brakes have been applied and the general fault light appears. There maybe other ways the fault light appears. I have had trouble with the fault light in the class 37. Same for Class 45,47 a brief section on recovering from these issues would be useful.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

Hi Steve
    I would love to have two Tutorials per Loco. One Basic Tutorial that covers Essentials like Start, Stop, Stations, Coupling, Emergency. And a second one (or multiple) that covers all the Buttons and Levers in the Loco in more Details, and things like Coldstart, Safetysystem setup and use, Brake system switching (Vacuum/Pressure), Multiple Unit setup, Securing the Train and complete shutdown.
    Also, put the Manual inside the Loco, like in reality every Loco has its Manuals somewhere. Nobody knows where to look for them on Steam.

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Theres a scenario where you rescue or replace a failed one. Havent done it yet.

25. TRAXX-Driver

TRAXX-Driver Member

Since I'm a console player there's no way for me to get the manual without any effort. So this would be great to have.

26. matthewbguilford

I’m waiting for it to launch on the USA PS4 store but I am so excited for the class 31 and to have journey mode on Tees valley. I really think Tees is the perfect place for journey mode!

27. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

If that could be done without hurting fps. What a fantastic suggestion- A manual inside the loco.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  28. steadfast

steadfast Member

Small point regarding the manuals, the "how to refuel" section always tells you to shut down the loco.
    I've never seen a real loco shut down whilst it's being fuelled.
    Just to put this in context, two of the locations I sign have loco sheds so I've seen plenty of locos being serviced whilst at work as well as other locations as an enthusiast

• Like Like x 3
  29. matthewbguilford

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. TRAXX-Driver

TRAXX-Driver Member

Sounds kind of sarcastic, but maybe i got you wrong (if, read on to understand why). Nevertheless, thanks for the link. I appreciate that. Of course it would be possible for me to find the manuals myself with a little effort.

Maybe I didn't use the right words in my post, since English is not my native language. To be honest, every post in this forum is a little struggle for me. So sometimes possibly I don't write what I really want to say or it sounds to harsh.

• Like Like x 2
  31. matthewbguilford

Not meant with any sarcasm, I hope it did help. I can tell you if I was looking for manuals I certainly wouldn’t expect the only place to find them on this forums is in the Xbox section. You seem to do a fine job with your posts so keep it up!

• Like Like x 1
  32. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Rule of thumb: Whenever someone says, "sorry for my bad English", it is perfectly understandable, sometimes damn near perfect in general.
    You are no exception there.

People who really give you a hard time reading their posts never ever apologize :D

• Like Like x 1
  33. TRAXX-Driver

TRAXX-Driver Member

Thank you for your kind words, guys. Goes down like oil. Translated literally from "Das geht runter wie Öl." as we say when we get appreciation. :)

• Like Like x 1
  34. thearkerportian

Caution with translating idioms literally though, then it is vinegar with being understood :D

• Like Like x 1
  35. thearkerportian

Ah NZ... where when they say "mainland" they mean either the North or South Island :D