2020 Wishlist

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by USRailFan, Nov 13, 2019.

1. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

UK stuff:
    -Class 108 'Heritage' DMU
    -Class 185 DMU
    -Class 318 EMU
    -Class 334 EMU
    -Blue Pullman
    -Class 26
    -Class 89
    -PTA bogie tippler
    -PDA cement tank
    -Mk3b BFO
    -Far North route

US stuff:
    -Amtrak Viewliner cars

Continental Europe stuff:
    -Zürich - Liechtenstein - Graz-route with the legendary "Transalpin" train
    -The "Rheingold" classic TEE (the only European train to carry dome cars)
    -Swiss RABDe 560 NPZ "Kolibri" EMU

Any Aussie stuff

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  2. TommyPicklesfan1992

TommyPicklesfan1992 Member

And also The SC-44 Chargers with Amtrak Horizon Cars and The NPCU for The Surfliner and The Racetrack Route, The F125 and The Brookville BL36PH with Rotem Cars for The LA and Miami Commuter Rail, And The Amtrak Metroliner Cabcar and The Amtrak E60's for The Northeast Corridor Route.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

I want Tier IV diesels: the GE ET44AC and EMD SD70ACe-T4.

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Having posted the same list on UKTS you are posting it again here - did you not like people replies?

I don't see DTG releasing something that has already been made by another developer

Zürich -Sargans - Liechtenstein - Bludenz - Arlberg - Innsbruck - Salzburg - Bischofshofen - Selzthal - Bruck-an-der-Mur - Graz-route -
    Pffafikon to Sargans is in SBB1 route
    Bludenz - Arlberg is part of the Three Country Corner Route - Just Trains
    Arlberg - Innsbruck is the Arlbergbahn from RSSLO
    Innsbruck to Worgl is part of the Tirol Route - RSSLO
    Bischofshofen to Selzthal is the Ennstalbahn - RSSLO and now Steam
    Bruck-an-der-Mur - Graz is also by RSSLO

As for the Rheingold TEE train it was made by 3Dzug including the Dome Cars
    https://www.justtrains.net/product/3dzug-rheingold-tee

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  5. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

North British D600 Warship
    North British D6300 Baby Warship
    Modernisation Class 120 dmu
    Modernisation Class 123 dmu

6. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

USA routes:
    • More Metro-North Shoreliner coaches (ConnDOT red stripe, older coaches without center doors and older cab cars with only two cab windows and no gangway cover)
    • Metro-North Harlem Line, Grand Central to Southeast. Just to White Plains wouldn't be too interesting because the more scenic areas are between North White Plains and Southeast
    • Long Island Railroad. I don't really care what line it is as long as it isn't a short branch line. Ideally the entire Main Line from Penn, Long Island City, and Atlantic Terminal to Greenport. TS20 should be able to support it unlike TSW because of the consoles.
    • Keystone Corridor Philadelphia-Lancaster or Harrisburg. If DTG can work out a licensing deal with SEPTA I think this would be an excellent route. I only want it if it starts in Philadelphia and has SEPTA trains and branding along with Amtrak. If it's only Amtrak it would be pretty bad.
    USA trains:
    • Metro-North Metropolitans and Cosmopolitans (M1, M2, M3, M4, M6). At least one 3rd rail only Metropolitan (M1 or M3) and one 3rd rail and overhead wire Cosmopolitan (M2, M4, or M6)
    • Pro line AEM-7 and Metroliner Cab Car. These would be great paired with the aforementioned Keystone Corridor. The AEM-7 we currently have is severely outdated. The modelling is off and the textures are poor compared to today's standards. As for the cab car, we don't even have one! A pro line AEM-7 would be great because such a legendary locomotive deserves more detail. Imagine rocketing down the Northeast Corridor in an up to date AEM-7!
    • New GEVOs. Simply put, it has to be done. The current GEVOs are hilariously outdated.
    UK routes:
    • WCML South, London Euston to Birmingham New Street. Before you tell me that it already exists, I know. I just want it on Steam. All the assets required are a pain so it being available on Steam with all assets included would be great.
    • West Coastway Line. I think Southern needs some more love in Train Simulator. London to Brighton is an excellent route but South London Network isn't a "normal" route, so to speak. It's a bunch of shorter branches so you can't really do a long run on it. The West Coastway would fix that. I'm thinking that DTG could partner with AP to make this so AP could use their 313 and add more detail and quality in.

UK trains:
    • Updated Class 47. I do know that there's a Class 47 included in the Virgin First Generation Pack, but there should be a pack with more liveries and maybe some variations and added features as well. I don't have it, but I've heard that the Class 47 in that pack is quite good and obviously superior to the aging original Class 47.

Other/misc:
    • Subway systems! With some effort, TS20 could work nicely with subways. The Just Trains U-Bahn proved that a rapid transit-style route could be done. I'm thinking the NYC Subway (I want the 7 train) or London Underground (I'd like the Bakerloo Line). Subway systems could prove extremely popular since members of the community (me included) have wanted something like this for years.
    • Literally anything Australian. Seriously, we need this. No third party that I know of makes Australian content, so this is truly a must.

Apologies for this being so long, I just want a lot of things I guess.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

The Bakerloo Line and WCML are available in the same freeware pack, probably the most impressive new route but I believe you need a lot of other DLC for it so if you're starting from scratch it may be prohibitively expensive.

I'll stick to Britain but I'd love to see some rural French routes or a suburban route in Paris.

New Routes:
    C2C
    Extensions to GEML (Clacton/Southend Vic/Sudbury lines).
    South Coastway
    Woking to Southampton on SWT (I've read somewhere that this will happen)
    Liverpool Street to Cambridge
    Perth to Inverness
    South East London network
    Birmingham to Nottingham

New Traction:
    Aventras (Classes 345/710/720)
    2nd Gen Electrostars (Classes 377/6, 379 & 387)
    Siemens Desiro City (Classes 700/707)
    Diesel Desiro (185)
    IEP (800/801/802)
    CAF Civity (195/196/331/397)
    Stadler Flirts (745/755)

Updated Routes
    Brighton to Bedford
    GEML
    London to Peterborough
    GWR London to Bristol/Oxford/Heathrow Electric
    Manchester - Liverpool

Upgraded "Advanced" Traction
    Classes 47/55/56/165/166/357/360

There's a lot there but given that US releases in 2019 out-number UK ones by 3 to 1. (Swiss DLC v UK 2 to 1) Maybe it's time for the UK DLC to play catch-up.

8. Random Railfan

I agree. Some new UK routes would be nice. The SWML is okay but feels similar to the PDL, East Midlands Coal is a disappointment, and the Cornish Main Line has been around for ages on Just Trains' website.

9. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

I don't see you having any sort of moderator status here? AFAIK there's no law against making a thread in multiple forums... And not all people read all forums

10. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

No law, but can be annoying and has been "generally accepted internet forum etiquette" since the 90s

• Like Like x 2
  11. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Some of the things you asked for on UKTS are already available - like the Rheingold train with the Dome Cars
    But you found the need to post the same request again after you had a reply on UKTS
    I just wondered why?

12. Wivenswold

749006 I'll post what I want, where I want. So long as its within the individual forum rules.
    Try moderating me again and you'll be the subject of a complaint to the actual Moderators.

13. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you bothered to read what I posted you would see I have not referred to you in this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Random Railfan

I don't see what the problem is. 749006 is just being helpful. It isn't like he's impersonating a moderator or anything.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I would definitely like to see metro north grand central station to southeast since the metro metro Hudson line is already available why not the Harlem Line.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wivenswold

Drop the "I know best" attitude with others please. I'm an a-hole and can take it. Other, nicer people deserve more respect than you show them.

17. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

And again I asked you a question as to why you had a go at me?
    I had not said anything to you but for some reason you are having a go at me.
    Respect works Both Ways

18. ChooChooKeith

ChooChooKeith Active Member

Is there way to get a route from Karlsruhe-Augsburg which would go through Stuttgart. I thought I saw a route like that but not sure. Would be cool though because then you could link Frankfurt-Karlsruhe and then on to Augsburg through Stuttgart and then to Munich.. Unless there are no routes that way.. just an idea though.. Merry Christmas!!

19. Random Railfan

Well looks like my prayers have been answered... by REPPO! I can't wait to buy the M2/M4, it's gonna be great!

• Like Like x 1