PlayStation Anybody Unlocked Any Mastery Rewards On Ps4?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TinTin_57, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Well, this Mastery feature is just crap. I did the update earlier, logged out of DTL, logged back in, disconnected my PSN account, re-connected it, then feeling positive, did an M7 LIRR and a Class 45 NTP service tonight and the last thing showing on my Mastery page is still FOUR DAYS AGO. I've done at least a few services every day since then.

I've done several M7 services and none of them have ever registered other than re-doing a tutorial, but all the while my in-game levels are creeping up so if this shoddy feature ever does start working it's going to be an absolute mission to increase the train by five levels from its current LEVEL 40 and I see from the post above that Tier 2 will require me to raise my route level by 10, but it's already at LEVEL 20!

So, should I avoid this route until the feature is fixed? Will it ever be completely and reliably fixed?

Can anyone even tell us what the actual issue is, so we can try and work around it? Is it a communication issue? Is the DTL website on a rubbish server? Is the information pushed from the game directly to the server or is it put somewhere else and collected when the website is refreshed? Where is the weak/broken link?!

Are the DTL team able to recreate the issues we're seeing? Are they even trying?

The only actual change I can see from the update is the new notification of medal level achieved on the debrief screen. Nice to have, but hardly a priority given how flaky everything else has become.

Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 21.17.05.png Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 21.20.59.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I did 2 runs in a previously not working class 45 at around 10am this morning. Whilst GWE registered almost the minute I completed the service. These class 45 stats didn't appear until around 12pm. So theres still a chance that your work isn't lost.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TRAXX-Driver

TRAXX-Driver Member

Mastery should count everything we did in the game since we started earning AP, not only what we did since mastery was released.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Factor41

I guess the logging out of DTL would potentially have deleted any un-transferred Mastery progress (if that's how it works), but maybe the services I've done today are still around somewhere. I'm not holding out much hope though!

I agree 100%. It's poorly thought out to not make Mastery just read the all-time stats that the game is tracking and base its decisions/levels/awards on that, even if it means having many people unlock things immediately - it's up to them to make the higher Tiers have stricter requirements so there's actually something to work towards. Having to gain five levels on the M7 would be simple for a new user, but starting from level 40, it's going to be a lot of miles.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Factor41

Aha! We have some progress!

After doing 1x LIRR, 1x NTP and 1x NEC service, NOTHING was showing. Just out of interest, I quit the game again, and reopened it, then did another short NEC route to test and it DID register. Then I did an M7 service and it's also showing!

Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 22.32.39.png

So, it seems the process to reset the link with DTL is...

1. Launch Game
    2. Log out of DTL
    3. Quit Game
    4. Launch Game
    5. Log in to DTL*
    6. Quit Game
    7. Launch Game
    8. Actually do something with the trains

*Even though, at this point, it shows you the Mastery popup with stats matching the website, that's apparently not good enough, and you have to quit and re-launch the game AGAIN for new services to be registered. This is exactly the sort of flaky behaviour that devalues all the good work that's gone into this game. Getting a reliable connection between TSW and DTL shouldn't be the most complicated part of this sim!

Looks like the three services I did before the additional quit are lost forever though :|

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

After every update game not working well, like before! :mad::mad:

7. Factor41

Looks like I spoke too soon. Although some of my services now appear to be registering, a GWE 166 express service last night and a long M7 service this morning have not. Back to the randomness. :mad:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Based on my recent experiences,its not appearing straight away, but its not being lost either. Its as if it loads on the site when theres less digital traffic?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Factor41

Weirdly, I've never experienced that - if they don't show up on mine within the first couple of minutes, I never see them.

This morning I did a little NEC route which registered, then a long M7 route and and scenario on RSN and neither of those has appeared in the recents list. Did another small NEC one and it's there. It's almost as though longer routes are harder for it to track, even though it should just need the results data to do its job. Or maybe the longer ones not appearing are just more disappointing.

Edit: Did an MSB 146.2 passenger route: tracked. Did an MSB 158.2 freight route: didn't track.

Mastery is becoming a soul destroying endeavour. :|

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

class 166 tutorial done 10am today as yet not registered. Padd to Reading 166 service 10am. Also as yet not registered. Class 45 rescue run. Done 9am Holbeck Leeds Huddersfield. Not registered.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Factor41

I doubt you'll ever see those turn up.

I had a series of MSB 146 services, one NTP Class 101 and some NEC freight services all register this morning, but then they seemed to stop registering when I'd turned the PS4 off for a while, including an NEC freight route (I use these as a test because they're short and usually show up in the session list). I quit and reopened TSW and then did one RRO service and a similar NEC freight route to the one that hadn't shown up, and they both appeared in the list straight away.

It's as though the game somehow loses its link to DTL and needs to be closed and reopened to keep re-establishing it. I can't work out where the issue is though, because some trains seem to never register whatever you do. Sometimes it feels like the DTL server may just not be up to the job.

Can anyone from DTG/DTL shed any light on this?

Edit to add: I've also noticed that some routes – in particular it seems to happen most of the time on RRO – are logging twice. This was a single service in Journey mode; maybe a pointer to something going wrong somewhere? I assumed the data was just passed to DTLive at the end of the service, but maybe not...

Screenshot 2019-11-16 at 10.14.46.png

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  12. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I sympathise, with your issues. Ive done loads more than I have to show. In regard to the runs I did yesterday. Theyve dropped overnight, and Im well on the way to tier 1. Dont give up.

13. Factor41

My missing routes are still missing! I've just been doing MSB passenger services in the 146.2 since they always seem to appear at the moment, interspersed services on routes without Mastery to save me the heartache!

14. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

Same at me with new Class 31, training mode done with gold medal and not registered! :mad::mad:
    [​IMG]

Btw i was lvl 230 and must delete all data and made new profile but same problem after new update and Class 31! Shame! :mad::mad:
    [​IMG]
    One of my last picture at old profile! They talk about sounds but all game is big bug! DTG i am buy and pay this game and all add ones, remember that FFS! :mad::mad:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

my 166 wasnt appearing as a train until today even tho It knew I had done services. 100percent working today. not logging in and out. just one hour 30 mins session.

• Like Like x 2
  16. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I've been so very close on tier 1 on GWE with just one more service to get, after doing at least double the required services for each bit.

I'm giving up, that last service just won't pop. For a slightly different picture on the screen, this much effort is just not worth it. Load of crap.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

One more 166 service and 1 level up which should also complete with a good run. Have to go out so Ive left my PS4 in rest mode. To prevent any loss in connection.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Factor41

Yes, I've just done the 1W00 service in a 166 and can confirm it is working today!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

finally! GWE tier 1 complete.

• Like Like x 2
  20. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

Nice! :)

• Like Like x 1
  21. TChauvet

TChauvet New Member

Hello All,
    I've completed about 4 timetable services since the Mastery Update on the LIRR and it's still not tracking even though I reset the logon of Dovetail Live!

It's getting frustrating!!!

• Like Like x 2
  22. Factor41

We feel your pain! I haven't had any LIRR route track for a while. MSB passenger services in the 146.2 (not the 185.2), the GWR 166 and HST services, and NTP 101 (not 45) services seem to be working as of today so focus on those if you want Mastery.

The NEC freight routes in the GP40 seem to work most reliably, so do one of the short stabling services in that to test your connection to DTLive, and if that shows up, crack on with the longer services.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

The HST and 166 updated within a few minutes. The 45 its updated in mastery, but its only showing up now.( I did the run last night).

• Like Like x 2
  24. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

I completed 2 DB BR 146.2 services on MSB. The Mastery tracked them. Then I did a service with the DB BR 185.2 and 1 with the 146.2 on MSB today. The result was no tracking on Mastery.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  25. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Noticed today on the stats tab my level has again gone back to match my in game level. I expect it to be back to about 10 again tomorrow. Hard to understand why it fluctuates one day to the next
    920232EB-C21F-4870-8E3F-68A40228D184.png

• Like Like x 3
  26. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter if I do tutorials, scenario's or services, all of my mastery stats stay on 0. My DTG account is linked to my PSN account. Another great DTG implementation :(

• Like Like x 2
  27. Factor41

It's unusual that you're still getting nothing at all. Do you definitely have the tick next to the Playstation box on https://live.dovetailgames.com/account/integrations ?

Screenshot 2019-11-18 at 12.50.05.png

If that's in place, check that you're logged in to DTLive - go to the Settings (gears) tab of the game main menu and follow instructions there (I think it's Triangle to log in. If you're already logged in, try logging out, quitting, reopening, logging in), then once you're logged in, quit the game and reopen it. You should see the Mastery popup box at startup with the overview of the four routes. If that happens, try a quick NEC freight route from the timetable, just a stabling of the GP40 loco 5 minute one - these always seem to show up. Once you've completed it, pressed Option to continue, then returned to the main game menu, visit https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/profile/stats to see if it appears in the Recent Sessions list (as shown on the pic below).

Screenshot 2019-11-18 at 10.19.12.png

If that's not all working, which step are you getting to? Do you see the Mastery popup at the game startup?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  28. TinTin_57

...and as predicted my level in Stats is down to 10 again today. Very odd

• Like Like x 1
  29. Factor41

Yeah, it's all over the place. It's as though there are two separate teams working on it, and they haven't had a conversation about how exactly it's supposed to work!

• Like Like x 1
  30. GoldenTicket420

GoldenTicket420 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone.I played bothLIRR,GWE and the only train tracking for me is the 166 .Hst doesn't work and m7 tutorial tracked and 1 scenario,but nothing else works "hst 43,m7" .I did manage to receive tier 1 GWE diaroma however:) its the only 1 i can get .

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  31. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Gone from a perfect morning of tracking on Saturday. To 0 tracking today :|

• Like Like x 1
  32. Factor41

Mine's successfully tracked 2/2 this evening. Sticking to GWE 166 and MSB 146.2 routes though, since they seem to be functioning correctly at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Lion-Face

Lion-Face Member

I have just picked up my first teir reward at NTP, had no issues with tracking.

I have found if your not logged in with account or connected to the internet it wont track. I never used to login as it forgot my credentials everytime I loaded the game and got sick of typing them all the time, but that issue is almost gone since latest patch so things are behaving as expected

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  34. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Its certain locos though. All my drives were GWE HSTs and scenarios. Nothing shows up. One run in the 31 on TVL just for something different, and it logs?

• Like Like x 3
  35. Factor41

The 101 and 45 both seem to be tracking now, so Tier 1 on NTP should be achievable. Tier 1 on GWE is achievable if you did the 120mph task when the HST was tracking, but it doesn't seem to be any more. The 166 is tracking so you can get that element ticked off.

On MSB, the 146.2 passenger services are tracking, but not the 185.2 freight services so that's a no go for now, and the M7 no longer seems to be tracking other than tutorials, so LIRR Mastery is also a no go.

Edit: Even though the 101 is tracking, its level changes don't seem to be, so maybe it's no good after all!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  36. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

LIRR seems to have stopped tracking again, been on 315 klicks for a few days now...

Capture.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  37. TinTin_57

You're quite lucky, I can't get any of this to track except the tutorial and for mileage only the tutorial mileage counts :-(

• Like Like x 2
  38. Thunderer

I did start fresh with a new profile.

• Like Like x 1
  39. TinTin_57

ah right, so it sounds like I was right when I thought it was similar to trophies not being awarded. In the past I have sometimes had to use a test profile to repeat some trophies and they have then been awarded no problem. Something on the backend is glitched somewhere

• Like Like x 1
  40. Thunderer

Yes it seems like the Mastery Targets don't retroactively activate (yet)

For example, I'd done more than 10 LIRR services when Mastery came out, but these weren't picked up, so I created a new profile and started from the beginning and they started to track.

Also, if you want to unlock Tier 2 you have to avoid doing any of the tasks in there before you complete Tier 1, for example Tier 2's Long Island Finisher - Complete 5 scenarios, I found that if I completed all scenarios before I'd finished Tier 1 then they wouldn't track in Tier 2.

It's all very arse-about-tit to be honest.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  41. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

I, after lvl 230, deleted all the data from the system storage and online storage, TSW too, now reinstall the complete game and add ones (I have everything purchased) on ps4! :(:mad:

• Like Like x 1
  42. Factor41

I am definitely not doing that! :D

• Like Like x 2
  43. TinTin_57

Karlov you deleted it after getting to level 230???? Man I hope you didn't do that just for the sake of getting Mastery working. All that work to get to 230

• Like Like x 2
  44. Thunderer

I didn't delete my profile, I just set up a second one. I'm not sure a deletion and clean install would make much difference to be honest.

I will say though, that I enjoy this game immensely, so even though I was only level 30 in my other profile, I enjoyed starting from scratch again.

If I did have a profile in the 100s though, I would probably just save it to the cloud and not delete it.

Then use it when Mastery is fixed. Hahahaha. Can't believe I just said that.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  45. Lion-Face

Lion-Face Member

I also completed the 120mph HST on monday with no problem after not visiting GWR for about a year. What I did find interesting is that I have a saved session in the HST on the GWR route. I loaded the game the following day, selected NTP as my route, hit the 'load last session' and it loaded me into the GWR session I had last saved. All fine, completed the session and it gave me route level progress towards NTP? An amusing bug to find.

I don't know if this is common knowledge, but Mastery targets aren't being applied retroactively. All the mastery targets are an addition to what you currently have done. So if the mastery says 'complete 10 scenarios' even if you have completed them all, you need to do 10 more, or redo 10 completed ones. But that sucks if you have them completed, and doing them again still isnt tracking properly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  46. Factor41

Yeah, they said at the start that the Mastery targets wouldn't be retrospectively counted so you'd be starting from the launch date. It's a pain for the routes people have already hundreds of miles on because progress slows as you get higher levels, particularly when you're levelling up and it's not always counting it!

• Like Like x 3
  47. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

Better! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  48. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

Not for mastery, ofc,Mastery stayed! ! All game not working well, i was try everything and always same! IDK for lvl's! :(

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  49. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Did a short service on NTP with the 45 and short service on GWE with the 166 yesterday. Mastery tracked it. I did 2 HST services than. Mastery didn't tracked it.

• Like Like x 1
  50. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

By Jove, I think this just might've fixed it. Started up the game last night, logged out of DTG Live, quit the game, restarted and logged back into DTG Live. Then did a tutorial on GWR and it tracked for Mastery !! I'll try doing some more services and scenario's.... .... after I'm done with Jedi Fallen Order that is :)

• Like Like x 2