PC Improving Low-end Cpu Performance

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by treid09, Nov 23, 2019.

1. treid09

treid09 Guest

Okay, go ahead. Mock me. I am trying to play TSW on a laptop that is below minimum specs (has an AMD R5 graphics card with an AMD A8 processor.) Any suggestions on how to squeeze out every drop of performance of this thing. I've heard of overclocking, but no clue what it is or how to do it. God willing, I have a gaming laptop on the horizon, but I got TSW: CSX Haul Haul for my birthday last year and have not been able to use it (in all fairness, I did ask for it). Any suggestions would greatly appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

That's my engine.ini configuration which helped a bit/a lot to make TSW playable on my laptop:

[/script/engine.renderersettings]
    foliage.LODDistanceScale=0.75
    r.ViewDistanceScale=0.75

Of course, all in-game settings should be put on medium/low.

I would also say that CSX:HH is probably the most demanding route they produced, unfortunately. Other routes are just far better.

By the year 2050 DTG will make TSW supported by services like GeForce NOW... but until then I hope it helps.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. treid09

treid09 Guest

Hello Trenomarcus, thanks for the help. Sorry to be ignorant, but what it is an engine.ini config and how do I apply it. Nice profile pic by the way, that was the best 007 actor besides the current one.

4. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

The newer routes are better optimised than the old ones, so whilst CSX Heavy Haul may run badly, you may have better luck with Tees Valley as that seems quite well optimized.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. treid09

treid09 Guest

7. treid09

treid09 Guest

I will definitely have to look into purchasing that route, I am wanting wanting a British route anyway. Thanks a lot.

8. vitas

vitas Member

Try CPUCores, it's available on Steam. On weaker computers there is a chance to get a few fps more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. treid09

treid09 Guest

Thanks vitas, I’ll check it out. Appreciate the help and God bless

10. vitas

vitas Member

There is one more helpful function in the game settings. It slightly reduces display quality, but significantly affects FPS. I marked on the picture, if you move the slider to the left to e.g. 50% and then confirm by pressing "E", you should get a few fps.
    upload_2019-12-4_23-35-42.png

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. treid09

treid09 Guest

Will give it a try, thank you!