PC I Saw Rhein-ruhr Osten Dlc Is In Development, So It Got Me Thinking Of This Locomotive

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Gabe_1.0, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

I've noticed the devs seem to be more focused on electric engines for all German routes. So once again I am looking for some sort of way to influence the introduction of a diesel engine. The class 66 comes to mind but I posted this topic here as I am unsure of the accuracy. I found a class 66 livery mentioned RheinCargo which made me think of this DLC in development. I haven't asked the devs yet but dose this look like it would be part of this line?

See more at https://www.mainlinediesels.net/index.php?nav=1000585&lang=en&id=29179&action=portrait

• Like Like x 4
  2. deki32

deki32 Well-Known Member

Looks amazing. Not sure if that loco runs on the part that RRO dlc covers tho. Maybe someone that knows this better can help out. There is a also a Dispolok/MRCE livery variant that looks so damn good :). Hope they add it for some diesel freight/shunting action ;). Cheers

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Gabe_1.0

The one with the silver livery is stunning, I would look at it like a painting. And as you guessed it, there's that class 294 all purpose shunter. which is a very wanted locomotive as well.

4. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Well that's an interesting question about licensing: That is the livery of HGK ("Häfen & Güterverkehr Köln") - a company which, in that form, doesn't exist any more, it's called RheinCargo now since the merger with another cargo TOC. Since that they're also wearing the silver livery, which would most definitely require licensing.

That historic one however, even if it hasn't been historic for long yet, I wonder what the legal situation looks for that.

With that being said, I'd LOVE to see HGK/RheinCargo content in TSW one day. That open day at their service yard was quite unforgettable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. thearkerportian

Oh, btw, one funny anecdote from toward the end of said open day: That one overly stereotypical underclass lady who came there with her roughly 10-year old son - who's idea visiting RheinCargo presumably was in the first place. Pointing at two locomotives parked on the exhibition grounds, he asked what the difference between these was - to which mom replied, not sure. I think they're both the same. So far so good, but it should be pointed out, that the first of the two was the class 66 we're currently talking about, and the other one was...

wait for it...

wait for it...

187 070-8 Brühl-Vochem 09.09.2018 03b.jpg

If only the 66 had still been painted red, I guess...

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Gabe_1.0

I have an obsession with silver looking stuff now you made it worse, that is so gorgeous............I'd spend 10 hours a day on TSW if it had those two engines. Just look at all that silver eye candy

• Like Like x 1
  7. thearkerportian

Rapid Transit has you covered :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gabe_1.0

It dose! but everything on rapid transit goes too fast. You gotta move move move all the time, would love to catch the scenery in the moment. I come form Easter Europe and all the electric engines there are a little more sluggish and cruise around 50mph which would around 80 kilometers per hour. Still hopeful the devs to find some sluggish eastern European electric engines. The best electric engine is the "container" locomotive part of the german dlc expansion, has a few sound bugs to iron out but it's as close as I can get to that.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  9. saint.russian

saint.russian Member

very nice!

10. thearkerportian

Yes. Sometimes I just ride as a passenger when I want do explore the scenery rather than focus on driving. Or take screenshots. Taking screenshots and PZB don't mix.

11. Jack O'Track

Jack O'Track Active Member

Silver is OK,nice work BTW, and a lot of colors might be too, but please avoid pink ....

12. thearkerportian

Awwww :p
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jack O'Track

Jack O'Track Active Member

you naughty boy !

14. thearkerportian

Phowwi! :D

• Like Like x 1