Csx And Snow Bug

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Jack O'Track, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Jack O'Track

Jack O'Track Active Member

Just a bug report: CSX, departure in the snow, and about 30% down the road the snow is gone ... a nice summertime ride all of a sudden. Quitting the game, and restarting loading the route some 30% further from a save: Blimey. the snow is back. Then the snow again is gone all of a sudden, and after saving, reloading: Snow's back again.

Definitely a bug, you can repeat this over and over.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  2. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Are you trying to drive with snow but not in winter perhaps?

3. Jack O'Track

Well, i played the snow CSX run, as default scenario game, mixed freight, 4 locs. I liked this one quite a bit, and played it again. Second time the weather was slightly 'worse' allover en route, but changing from ice rain to normal rain and snow. But the summertime weather did not reappear.

The scenery graphics are great BTW. IMO the country side routes are great in TSW; would love to see some more like this CSX. Siberia? Australia, Rocky Mountains? Even better: with steam trains from some 150 years ago until WW2 times.

4. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I believe the snow melt is sort-of-dynamic, so if you start a snowy route on a hot day, it will disappear really quickly. When you re-start from the save, the levels are as the start of the game, so you get the fast-melting snow again.

5. Jack O'Track

Ah, so next winter-run we must remeber to have some sunglasses and UV protection liquid packed. But any way the graphics are great some times, like rain falling on the CSX locos.