Rro: Issue With Service

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Yerolo, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Service: Mixed Freight Wuppertal - Hagen
    Time: 16:15
    Loco: Any

This service gets stopped for a red signal around 1km out of Wuppertal hbf (even though there is no signal next to the line - The signal is for the track to the right). The 'red signal' never clears. A 422 service leaving Wuppertal hbf slightly behind pulls up at it's Red signal on their line to your immediate right after a few mins and you both sit there together indefinitely.

It seems as though you are routed onto the wrong track out of Wuppertal hbf which causes a chain reaction of halted services. I tried a different service you should be routed to the left hand side tracks for the main freight line out of Wuppertal hbf for everything to flow correctly.

I played the aforementioned 422 service (which leaves Wuppertal hbf around 16:10) and it should get a clear green at this point rather than a red and after clearing the block the freight service can continue. (I'm not too sure which signal stops the freight service....as there is no signal for that middle line - It appears that line is for trains headed in the opposite direction towards Wuppertal hbf)

2. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

That "signal" is the white board to the left of the track. Contact signaller and you can pass. Don't forget PZB override though. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Signaller will tell you to "Proceed as signals indicate" - the red is only on the HUD so you can continue on your way.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Thanks...I ended up logging a bug report ticket with DTG and they told me to contact the signaller as well, which works and lets you proceed. If you are not playing with the HUD enabled, it is very unclear where the actual red signal is..the line you are routed onto has no signal at that point (as stated the red signal is for the track to your right -- Which the 422 stops at)

Maybe I am missing something obvious here....if anyone else can play this service and advise that would be great

Also if you are playing with PZB enabled on this service, it goes absolutely haywire with 1000Hz magnet restrictions at the beginning...even though there are no yellow signals or any reason to pzb ack. I still think there is something very strange going on with this service as you appear to be routed onto the incorrect track.

5. thearkerportian

I played it this afternoon, had no issues. What you are probably not missing, but not identifying as a signal is this:
    20191202113738_1.jpg
    It's called a trapezoid board, or Ne 1, and is used sometimes used instead of a signal in places - like this one - where you drive in the opposite direction to the standard in which a track is normally used. It basically functions like a red or faulty signal: You need to stop, recieve the clearance to pass by order (Befehl) from the signaller, and then you can proceed. The magnet cannot be turned off though, which means you have to keep the "PZB Befehl" switch pressed while moving over it - hence the name of the switch.

20191202113830_1.jpg
    No problem other than me having forgotten to turn the lights on. The ET 422 stops because it waits for you to clear the path.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Thanks thearkerportian...that explains it. The manual makes no mention of this trackside sign or its purpose....so anyone unfamiliar with German signalling is probably going to run into the same problem as me.

I appreciate you playing this service to help out :)

7. thearkerportian

TSW is a bit schizo about whether it wants to cater to the serious simmer or the more casual player, is my impression. Safety systems are off by default, but that obscure and also quite rare signal there... yeah why put it in the tutorial, anyone has read Ril 301 (DB's signalling regulation)... haven't they?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  8. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Have had the same issue with this trapezoid so don't worry ;-)