Staff On The Railways.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Rob39, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Can we populate the routes with rail staff?
    Trackside workers, station staff. Train Marshsalls at key points such as Redcar, Hayes, turnaround sidings, fuel points and depots.
    The addition of railworkers sat down in the class 31 rescue scenario added a sense of realism, that tsw needs as standard across all routes.
    Ie finishing the aggregate industries scenario we are told to go to the portacabin to get a break. Instead of walking to a waypoint next to the cabin, how about the waypoint is going over to join your buddies huddled outside the cabin. They dont have to be animated. Just present.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 17
  2. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Great idea!

• Like Like x 3
  3. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

Agree they and also we need conductors that help board the passengers on the train

• Like Like x 1
  4. RichGWR22

RichGWR22 Member

would be great and also see train dispatchers on the stations

• Like Like x 3
  5. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

I kinda disagree with the guard/conductor, just because it would in theory take away the driver ( us) from opening and closing the doors, but maybe some sort of option when using the guards buzzer so we know its clear and are able to respond

6. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Youre not the CEO of Southwest Trains by any chance are you? :D

• Like Like x 3
  7. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Dam it how did you guess?
    Im all for guards in real life, i just dont really see the need for them in the game,

8. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

Could the guard duty be a use for multiplayer perhaps? Obviously, I'm referring to either sometime in the distant future or in an alternate universe where multiplayer is possible and exists in TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  9. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I took another look at the "Last Resort" scenario on the Tees Valley line, in which 2 "workers" appear. In the real world, they would probably handle the coupling required at their location, but instead they just sit idly by in the pouring rain doing nothing at all, which strikes me as much more unrealistic than not having them there at all. Although TSW does include animated figures on passenger platforms (only some of which behave in realistic ways), until believably animated characters such as guards, track workers, and so on can be made to perform credible tasks I unfortunately see their presence in TSW as completely ridiculous.

• Like Like x 3
  10. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

I agree and the aI train drivers should have their arms animated too that they are actually driving the trains

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I think the dilemma would be moving arms or poor frame rate and less room for the system to apply more functions.

• Like Like x 1