Tsw: The Coastway Is Coming!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Cd1990

Cd1990 Active Member

My hopes for getting the 142 on TVL just intensified... :D

• Like Like x 4
  2. lucas_5_5

lucas_5_5 Well-Known Member

Happy to hear the good news. Like i always say, anything that adds inmersion is the best you can do to a simulator game.

• Like Like x 5
  3. BirdDog

BirdDog New Member

Cab Sway ? Awesome news Matt GJ plz keep my wallet bussy. xD

• Like Like x 2
  4. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

And don’t forget before you start your journey the Mitrac computer panel on the left sets the electronic destination screens on train

• Like Like x 2
  5. sophieclarke1983

Class 142 hope it comes to Xbox version

6. sophieclarke1983

The swaying effects are very positive I watched some previous videos of the class 377 on older train sim versions and the swaying there was spot on very immersive

7. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

A 142 would be nice, although as the TVL route is set in 1989 the class 143 would be more suitable as they were all at Heaton depot then. Heaton only had a handful of class 142's, ex western region chocolate and cream ones.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

This is something I've always noticed about the HST and the BR 182 when driven at high speeds. Matt confirmed it to me a while back on here too because I thought I was imagining it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

They had both? Great, so we can have both!

• Like Like x 2
  10. theorganist

Well I would be happy with either certainly wouldn't expect both.

• Like Like x 1
  11. thearkerportian

In the long run, why not? 143 as a loco DLC for TVL, and maybe a later route brings a 142 that can substitute in. Or the other way round.

12. theorganist

I was referring to a release of one item of DLC, as has been alluded to, which I thought would be pretty clear?

Obviously in the future if a route comes with another class of Pacer then obviously that could be substituted.

I will be more precise next time!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  13. thearkerportian

That's how I understood your comment. I never said anything about both pacers being part of the same DLC either.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gae14

Gae14 Active Member

I wonder if the different classes of pacers sound more or less the same ? So, when one it's done, it would reduce production time for
    the release of another one. (exemple 142 and 143)

• Like Like x 1
  15. sophieclarke1983

Good old nodding donkey AKA pacer they may be in the same league as marmite you either love or hate but there’s no denying there reliability and there own unique charm then again the same can be said for the class 156/158 still going strong after all these years

16. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

After watching some different train simulator videos that have head sway some of which were 6 years old, I can only imagine the immersion this will bring with it. I can’t wait to see what this will look like in TSW. It doesn’t seem like a huge deal to some but it’s really something that could make a “Train sim” world of a difference and that it’s being applied to every route is a great thing so if you find yourself having a bad day just remember, we have something to look forward to! What a way to end the year and I can’t wait to see what else is in store for 2020!

• Like Like x 8
  17. theorganist

Yes I am looking forward to what next year brings and will also be interested to see what head sway looks like.

I am hoping there may be some news on steam engines at some point in the next year as they are something I really cannot wait to see in TSW.

• Like Like x 5
  18. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Just noticed in the trailer that ‘Brighton’ scrolls on the destination display on the front of the train. In real, Brighton should fit completely on the display without the need to scroll. Indicates they have maybe made the font size too big.

This really is nitpicking though.

• Like Like x 2
  19. matthewbguilford

Steam engines!! With the way DTG has been surprising us lately with content I wouldn’t be shocked if we see them this year! I know when I took the TSW fall survey, seeing questions like if we would like more unique routes and locomotives really makes me believe we are in store for content that we haven’t had the last couple of years and I really think that has a huge chance of showing up in the future, it’s a lot like a house, you need to have a sturdy foundation to build on or it’s going to fall apart and I feel like they have spent the last year building that foundation and the addition of head sway is the final piece to that puzzle!

• Like Like x 3
  20. sophieclarke1983

Maybe you can adjust it on the Mitrac screen at time of setting destination

• Like Like x 2
  21. theorganist

Well I doubt we will see any more DLC this year unless they manage to squeeze one more in as there really is only the week after next, still you never know.

I don't think we will see steam any time soon sadly, I did wonder after WSR if we would have seen some this year but I suspect it will be at least another year.

I agree though they are certainly making some improvements and there is a lot of potential.

• Like Like x 3
  22. matthewbguilford

Ohh I’m sorry, I meant the year coming up. I’m sure this will be the last big drop of this year but I am certainly looking forward to 2020! Being on console I don’t really have other train sims to choose from, I try not to complain about little things much because I know I’m just lucky to be able to experience something I really enjoy considering no other company has taken the chance DTG has.

• Like Like x 5
  23. sophieclarke1983

Spot on I share your sentiments what console do you have

• Like Like x 1
  24. matthewbguilford

Hi! I think a lot of us console players feel that way! I play on PS4, what about yourself? I also found this video from one of our forums members on YouTube that shows off the class 377 in TS2019 which if anyone is wondering will give us a good idea what driving will be like! I love that screen on the left!

• Like Like x 2
  25. theorganist

I thought you were being a bit optimistic lol!

I think if you get enjoyment out of it then that is all that matters, for some that is clearly not enough.

No trainsim is perfect but TSW is the closest to what I want from a train simulator so far especially with service mode, looking forward to the variety of routes and trains expanding.

• Like Like x 5
  26. bart2day

Here’s hoping! It will be interesting how much functionality the Mitrac screen has. I’m hoping for a little more than just setting the destination.

• Like Like x 2
  27. bart2day

It’s so nice to see some positivity on this forum for a change rather than the usual doom and gloom about how the ‘end of TSW is nigh’; or ‘I won’t play it any more until DTG fix X, Y and Z’.

• Like Like x 8
  28. matthewbguilford

“Having a “positive attitude” means a person believes everything happens for the best in the end. A person with a “negatives attitude” tends to believe their best days are in the past. ... A person with a negative attitude pays attention to other people's shortcomings.”
    Everything must have a balance!

• Like Like x 5
  29. thearkerportian

...and then there's the realist who observes which direction we're going and based on that determines whether the glass is half full or half empty. :)

• Like Like x 1
  30. sophieclarke1983

Yea I can confirm officially we can do that I was told this by Matt I’m hoping as Mitrac plays a part we got the on board southern train stop announcements this would be a nice touch I’ve watched some YouTube videos from previous trains sims that feature the 377 London to Brighton run and they have that it’s easy to see why the electrostar is classed as a advanced passenger train as in can no fewer than 3 Mitrac display screens

• Like Like x 1
  31. sophieclarke1983

From what I’ve studied on the class 377 the interactions with the Mitrac computers takes place when the train doors are open as when they shut the screens automatically turn off presumably to save in electricity

• Like Like x 1
  32. kiyoko91

kiyoko91 Well-Known Member

This should be a great route as well. I wish they should added "Quick Drive" segment, just like TS on PC.

• Like Like x 1
  33. kiyoko91

kiyoko91 Well-Known Member

Do u know how many stations of that route?

• Like Like x 1
  34. sophieclarke1983

Yea the screen on the left is the Mitrac brains of the train this is where you set your destination there are a further 2 Mitrac screens in the right side of cab though not sure what if any function they play in the train

35. sophieclarke1983

Opening windows that’s always good for immersion

• Like Like x 1
  36. bart2day

I believe in real life the two screens on the right display camera feeds from cameras located through the inside and outside of the trains. The ones on the outside help the driver when driving without a guard and the ones on the inside alert him/her to anything dodgy going on inside.

• Like Like x 1
  37. sophieclarke1983

Thanks I’ve downloaded a manual for a previous train sim class 377 it’s amazing how many different controls and lights there are here there and everywhere lol

• Like Like x 2
  38. sophieclarke1983

The Destination bank is mind blowing downloaded the destination list and 2 pages full of destinations from A-Z and a-z

• Like Like x 1
  39. kikelj.blaz

kikelj.blaz Member

It looks great!
    But you could really give more discount on pre-order for those who already have GWE and class 66. Now we need to buy same loco twice.

• Like Like x 4
  40. paulgregs

paulgregs Active Member

As time goes on and the loco data base grows I'd expect to see repeated use locos so don't have a problem with the re-use of locos there, so long as they try to bring one new loco to each route...
    I would however like to see dlc locos, the ones we paid for as stand alone purchases being bought back into the fray when applicable....

• Like Like x 4
  41. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

People are not bothered whether DTG reuse rolling stock, people are bothered at having to pay for it again. We already have the exact same Class 66 in the exact same EWS livery on GWE. There's nothing to stop DTG from offering a discount to those who own GWE, so why don't they? Why is the livery exactly same? Why not do the DB patched version of EWS or the large logo version of the DB red? Just something, so it's not exactly the same in appearance at least.

If they had created a Freightliner Class 66/6 with livery, model and physics differences, especially if it came with services for GWE, people would say 'fair enough, it's sufficiently different and it's had a lot of extra work put into it, I don't mind paying.' But if they are reusing the same locomotive, they need to add value elsewhere.

They could have included a Yellow JNA or MLA ballast wagon and had Permanent Way train services going across the whole route. They could even have done that as well as the Mendip JNA, so at least we could run the EWS 66 across the whole route. We could also have had Permanent Way and Mendip services on GWE too. Just something, anything, to add some value to the DLC.

At the moment it's just bad value for money, which is a shame, because the route itself looks really nice.

If DTG are interested I have 3D model of a MLA ballast wagon which would be suitable for TSW.

• Like Like x 5
  42. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Im confident that even though livery wise it looks the same. The loco itself has improvements.

• Like Like x 1
  43. sophieclarke1983

Hi many thanks for your reply I play on Xbox one

44. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

By 'improvements' you mean 'bug fixes which should have been applied to the GWE Class 66 two years ago.' DTG are quite clever, getting people to pay for bug fixes!

• Like Like x 4
  45. sophieclarke1983

Great video love the details like the joints sound the bouncy cab ride and the thing where when doors open blue lights go out and red lights up to indicate doors open only thing I don’t understand is why in video when at red signals driver opened the doors

46. thearkerportian

Dmitri stated that "some" of the improvements of the new 66 will be applied to the GWE 66. Didn't say anything about whether that requires purchasing the new one.

• Like Like x 3
  47. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Cant keep up but i quote Matthewbullingford with the positivity, I too had just lost faith in DTG and they bring this; I am deeply curious to see it all in action, not long now.

Probably won’t get much time on the 12th December but Friday and over Xmas, my GPU will be fried

• Like Like x 3
  48. sophieclarke1983

Yea my Xbox probably be warm by Thursday night lol 1st thing after 377 tutorial I’ll rip it see what top speed can get out of the unit as often maximum speed isn’t the actual fastest can go I’ve chucked class 101 at over 100 mph from Middlesbrough to Darlington

• Like Like x 2
  49. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Ive managed to get 98mph from the 101 on NTP, my xbox will also be switched on ready on the microsoft store eagerly awaiting this route

• Like Like x 4
  50. paulgregs

paulgregs Active Member

Did you get nicked by the police class 37?

• Like Like x 4