Tsw: Seaside Spectacular!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Nov 28, 2019.

1. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Yea it be fantastic I know some people not happy about price but in my mind it’s a bargain fantastic electrostar faithfully reproduced and not 1 but the 2 lines for £25 is a bargain at not even £1 a mile or another way of looking at it you couldn’t buy a new hornby set for that amount

• Like Like x 6
  2. sophieclarke1983

Or another way of looking at it it’s a holiday without all the packing lol

• Like Like x 4
  3. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

I’m bringing popcorns it’s amazing how much this route announcement brings some hate and confusion lol

• Like Like x 3
  4. sophieclarke1983

In all likelihood the reason is more than likely they will release as a loco add on possibly just as they did with the loco,s for WSR to minehead/bishops lydeard

• Like Like x 2
  5. Cd1990

Cd1990 Active Member

Two lines, 200-odd services for the 377 and an updated 66 with new wagons is pretty good IMO, each to their own of course but at the end of the day I mean come on, you don't have to buy it if you don't want to. I'm personally more than happy to spend $45 AUD two weeks out from Christmas, and I haven't even finished my present shopping yet :D

• Like Like x 5
  6. 37114

37114 Active Member

Money. Yes there is a lot more detail in the stock, the routes I'm not too sure about. Better textures yes but there's still a hell of a lot of default assets in there, even recycled Kuju ones. A lot of the process maybe quicker such as track laying and asset placement, the former in particular is a pain in the butt in the TS editor and very, very time consuming. We'll never really know until the TSW editor is released to the public and I'm seriously beginning to doubt that is ever going to happen now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

World building in Unreal Engine 4 is many things; fast and easy are not among them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. zane88

zane88 Active Member

Now that would be something.

9. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I am finding as I play with the UE4 application it is very powerful and they have added alot of features to make it easier. newer versions will only continue to increase the easy of use and new features.

• Like Like x 1
  10. thearkerportian

Yes... only TSW doesn't use a new version of UE4...

11. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Yes I know it’s based on 4.16 and the latest version of UE4 is at 4.24, so many features won’t be accessible when the editor drops but the engine as a whole is very powerful.

• Like Like x 1
  12. thearkerportian

Yep no doubt about that. I'm secretly hoping that the delays of the editor ar due to DTG updating the game to UE4.24

• Like Like x 2
  13. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I also share that hope but it might be a long while till they update the TSW engine to newer versions as Matt has mentioned on his stream that it’s like changing the foundations on your house

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

UE4.24 more sound channels?

• Like Like x 2
  15. thearkerportian

...which would explain why it takes so long :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I think they have done a full rebuild of the Audio Engine starting in 4.22 and continued in 4.24.

Unreal Engine’s Audio Rendering: Retrospectives and Case Study Analysis | GDC 2019 | Unreal Engine

Kind of technical but shows what all the new aspects of the new Audio Engine are.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Specifically designed to port onto existing projects. I imagine its a lot of work and testing but very much something that could be in the works.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

I believe Matt made a comment in one of the threads that his team have ported some of the functionality from later releases into their customised version of UE4.16.3. Whether that's just some bug fixes or not I have no idea.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

It’s a hybrid 4.16. It has bits of code from newer versions.

20. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Guys,

I'm sure you think the UE4 Editor and Engine discussions are valid for this thread but it is off topic, would you mind taking that discussion to another thread please?

Many thanks, Steve

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  21. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

Steve, with all due respect -it is clear DTG NEED to communicate ASAP on what is going on with the editor. otherwise this will affect every single thread you post.

• Like Like x 6
  22. thearkerportian

Well I see what you mean, and also what Steve means. We have an official-ish thread for the editor... but no official answers there as well, other than "no news". All quiet on the edit front...

• Like Like x 1
  23. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Well, the thousands of off-topic posts about the editor all over every other post clearly haven't helped so far, so how about confining it to threads where it's on topic for the sake of all the users like me who actually couldn't care less about it?

• Like Like x 3
  24. sophieclarke1983

Hi just finished watching the live stream the new east coastway route is epic as is the detailing and the super new led destination train displays

• Like Like x 3
  25. sophieclarke1983

Another tip Matt shared when entering cab the switches are on upper right side by drivers door the AWS the DSD and DRA the Mitrac control is awesome it not only allows you to set destinations but also lets you know which cab is operating and status of train doors and the cruise control works as well

• Like Like x 3
  26. sophieclarke1983

Also in addition to the cabs the sides of train display destination led boards as well

• Like Like x 2
  27. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

It's a shame they couldn't get the scrolling onto the sides of the trains to show what stations they are calling at.

• Like Like x 3
  28. GN54MYO

GN54MYO New Member

Do I have to purchase TS World 2020, before I buy this add-on. It's never really appealed to me until this was released, so never bought it!

29. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

Yes, the East Coastway is a DLC for the base game TSW 2020, so you must purchase TSW 2020 to play it.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Heading off to walk the route from Seaford. Im immediately struck again by how much more alive the world feels. Great job guys and girls, big strides forward. Thumbs up :)

• Like Like x 8
  31. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

From the store page:

• Like Like x 1
  32. sophieclarke1983

Yes but just think though it’s a start which may eventually pave the way for station destination boards to work but when you think about it it’s a clever system when you think about it that in the Mitrac the destinations are stored as plain text yet minute you confirm route selection that plain text is transformed into the LED destination displays which to me 110% mirrors the Mobitec destination displays on modern buses also who knows maybe in time this be implemented in the class 166 GWR destination system

• Like Like x 4
  33. sophieclarke1983

Your absolutely spot on and this to me is that realistic doesn’t even feel like a sim a lovely feeling arriving into Seaford and during the turnaround time taking a snapshot of the 377 so realistic it is the real deal

• Like Like x 4
  34. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Heard so much about the Mitrac thing. Sounds amazing. Is there anything it can't do I wonder? Seems worthwhile getting the DLC just to see that bad boy work. Apparently, it tells you what cab you are in and about doors and stuff. Mind blown. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  35. thearkerportian

Make coffee and tea. 0/10.

36. sophieclarke1983

Yes it does it’s also that panel that you set your train destination boards from and it’s mind blowing to think that destinations are stored as plain text which is black yet once destination set it appears as a LED dot matrix display which accurately resembles the likes of a Mobitec destination blind on a bus also another helpful tip when you in class 377 cab bring up camera menu and select option for screen and use the cursor in same way you do to navigate class 66 em2000 and that allows a crystal clear view of the display and destinations and the buttons there are 2 sections the 1st one you see will list all of southerns destinations then if it’s another one you want tap the not listed thing on display that brings up a second set which includes the special destination and the not in service and depot destination blinds

• Like Like x 2
  37. sophieclarke1983

Also the door open indicator is useful as on few occasions noticed open doors bľűě is closed open is red also it’s that realistic on turn around at seaford you can stand next to train and I find I don’t feel like I’ve driven a simulator but a real 377

• Like Like x 4