Tsw: The Coastway Is Coming!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Dec 5, 2019.

1. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Just to clarify the class 66 comes with the east coast DLC just as The JNA wagons do

2. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

I understand you're being facetious, but there is a serious point.

If you want to use the Class 66 with the fixed air flow gauge on GWE you have to purchase ECW, regardless of whether you have any interest in the Class 377 or the route. I don't understand why DTG insist you must purchase the ECW DLC if you're only interested in receiving the fixes for the Class 66 for GWE.

They are putting bug fixes for current rolling stock behind a paywall. They are insisting that if you want fixes for your current DLC you have to buy the new DLC. I don't think that's a very nice way to conduct business.

I don't see how it can be interpreted in any other way. It's wrong and a new low for DTG.

• Like Like x 2
  3. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Wait, didn't Matt state the GWE 66 was getting updated the same amount, regardless of whether you purchase ECW?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Digital Draftsman

No. They have only 'back-ported' some of the new fixes to the GWE Class 66, but not all of them. If you want the bug fix for the air flow gauge on GWE, you have to purchase ECW and use the Class 66 from that on GWE.

5. thearkerportian

Digital Draftsman
    We'll have to see what the parts he can't remember were. Sounds like some of these fixes are coming to the GWE as well. As I already said to Anthony: The changelog will tell.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Digital Draftsman

We know for a fact at least one GWE bug fix is tied to the purchase of ECW. On priciple there shouldn't be any fixes for current DLC tied to the purchase of future DLC. It's as simple as that.

I'm not convinced what they are doing is actually legal in the UK anway. Matt's stated that there's no technical reason they can't back-port the fixes, so the only reason to withold them is that DTG believe it's more profitable to leave the bugs in place on GWE with the expectation that people who really want the bug fixes will probably purchase ECW. Using bug fixes as leverage over consumers certainly doesn't sound like it should be legal, especially in the UK where consumer rights are quite strict.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Thats not true.
    The 66 on GWE will be updated as far as it can be with the patch thats out tomorrow. The class 66 on GWE will be in the same condition wheather you buy this new DLC or not once you download the patch. Only the 66 on ECW will be updated more as it's considered a new model and the 66 on GWE will be updated much later in full for free.

• Like Like x 4
  8. thearkerportian

So it's basically the same as on TS20, where we have the CL66 and the CL66 V2.0.

9. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

So they are lying and now breaking the law! Wow if they are that bad why do you even give them any business?! Don't you get tired of it?

No one is forced to purchase anything, don't make it sound like they are!

• Like Like x 5
  10. Digital Draftsman

The V2 has a completely new underframe and bogies, details added to the body model as well as improvements made to the cab model. Texture improvements both inside and out, greater functionality added to cab, along with better sounds and better physics from Oovee. So although it's re-worked, it's about as close to a completely new product as you can get without it actually being a completely new product. The original Class 66 V2 was based on was from the Rail Simulator days.

I don't know what upgrades and fixes the ECW 66 has, but I very much doubt the changes will be as extensive as those from the V1 to V2 66 in TS2020.

The rip off with the TS2020 Class 66 is the fact that each livery is a seperate pack, when really they should have been bundled into one. At the very least the freightliner ones should have been a combined pack.

11. Digital Draftsman

I didn't say anyone was forced to purchase anything. I said they are using bug fixes as leverage to encourage consumers to purchase the latest DLC.

If you buy the ECW DLC you'll get a Class 66 with all the bug fixes to use on GWE. If you don't want to buy ECW you'll have to wait until an undefined point in the future before you get a Class 66 with all the bug fixes to use on GWE. Doing this pressures consumers who want their product to be fixed to buy ECW, as they have already been waiting over 2 years for the bug fixes and now they are being told to wait longer, unless they buy the new DLC.

I give them business because I love Train Simming and when the choice is pursuing my hobby or not buying DTG products, I choose to pursue my hobby and buy DTG products as they own the two biggest train simulators on the market. I feel like a lot of people are in the same boat and DTG use this to their advantage, which is really sad.

• Like Like x 5
  12. mickelmickle

mickelmickle Member

i assume Digital Draftsman, that when the editor is released you'll be showing us all hows its done, as your so clued up

• Like Like x 3
  13. rogerayres

rogerayres New Member

Well I wont be buying this route and the reasons are it's to short I dont like electrics or modern routes and the 66 has already been used before.
    They could of made a much longer route say 50 miles or more different locos clss 56,73, 20 and otheres and with more wagons I mean come on theres loads out there.
    Also dtg are not very helpful and they don't seem to want to tell us the people who buy the games whats going on, no news on the editor patches not fixed I dont trust them,my money is staying in my wallet until they tell us whats going on.

14. thearkerportian

If only TSW had a British route that was longer... and only diesel... and set in a historic era... if only such a thing existed. Oh wait, three out of four UK routes are like that. ;)

OK, one of them isn't set in a historic era, but then it`s a museum. And the fourth one is longer and non-electrified as well.

• Like Like x 4
  15. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

Have you visited a hat shop recently? If not, may I recommend doing so... tin foil is a bit out of fashion. ;)

On a more serious note, the biggest constraint DTG have is - as with any project - time. And with that, of course, money. As you are very well aware, projects like this come with budgets and once those have been exhausted it's pretty much game over: time to release the DLC, and continue with the next. That's how DTG's business model works (in a nutshell) and has worked over the past 10+ years.

Porting fixes from ECW to GWE will cost time, not only in development work but also in time it takes to get everything tested. Some changes may also impact the behaviour of a train, which could lead to the timetable it was given back when the route was built is no longer achievable. This would then also require fixing, and re-testing, and so on.

That DTG are not bringing all changes from the ECW-66 to the GWE-66 may have to do with this. But as Matt indicated, they have logged a work item to bring the remainder of the changes to GWE. So it will come, we just don't know when (as DTG are usually very tightlipped about their agenda).

• Like Like x 10
  16. paulgregs

paulgregs Active Member

The way I see it is that for a new route in the future its reasonable to expect one new train / loco per route. Approx £12 train, £12 route. Anything more can be regarded a gift.... That's 24 quids of actually having loads to do, and the argument about paying twice for a train seems odd as your actually paying to have plenty more things to do with it....

• Like Like x 5
  17. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

You cant please all of the people all of the time.. if you happen to be one of those not happy then I can appreciate it can be a difficult place to begin from to obtain a healthy perspective. Nothing that can be offered on an internet forum is going to be of significant assistance to you. I humbly suggest a step back, a reappraisal of your objectives and your chosen methods to obtain success. Otherwise its just another discordant note in an echo chamber.

• Like Like x 5
  18. rogerayres

rogerayres New Member

With dtg who knows whats happening maybe even they don't just playing it along and see what the public response it then maybe announce somthing the truth is none of us know and a lot of people are annoyed at what they are or arent doing.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I’d guess about 70% of this thread is doom and gloom. Pity that those of us that are interested in the new route can’t filter all that out and get back to the discussion in hand. Oh, wait we can, we can ignore content from some of the ‘Well Known Moaners’ ....I mean members

• Like Like x 14
  20. rogerayres

rogerayres New Member

It's not a moan TINTIN just freedom of speech and an opinion you ever heard of it ???.
    I'm not stopping people from buying this route it's your choice other people see it another way and that's there choice.

21. TinTin_57

Exactly what I put above, which is my opinion. Don't lose your stuff over it

• Like Like x 6
  22. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Very well written! I think you hit the nail on the head!

• Like Like x 3
  23. rogerayres

rogerayres New Member

Well i'm having my say like everyone else and tuff luck if you and others don't like it

24. TinTin_57

To be fair your original post and mine crossed so I wasn't even aware of what you had put until you responded if it makes you feel any better. I only read it after

• Like Like x 4
  25. rogerayres

rogerayres New Member

So you jumped the gun then, you can say sorry if you want i'm not really bothered.

• Like Like x 1
  26. TinTin_57

Ha ha ha right. My comment was about the thread in general. If you choose to take it personally it's 'tuff' as you so elegantly put it

• Like Like x 5
  27. rogerayres

rogerayres New Member

Well take as you like and as I said before TUFF if you don't like it my opinion.

28. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

This thread been seriously derailed. Can’t we agree that not everyone will like what DTG release and everyone has a preference as to what they want to play.

• Like Like x 6
  29. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

My Xbox one will be the same and it be hotter over Xmas

• Like Like x 4
  30. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Digital Draftsman i guess you havent checked but the class 66 has the EWS and DB liveries

31. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Sorry to go off topic but AMDs Radeon 590 with MSI cooling, TSW runs even better than Nvidia chipset. And I’ve been with Nvid for years.

Back to topic. Im set for ECW!

• Like Like x 4
  32. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

We will get the patch notes for the winter update tomorrow.

• Like Like x 3
  33. steadfast

steadfast Member

I'm sure he has. What he'd like is a large logo version of DB red, or EWS with a DB sticker over the EWS logo, neither variant having been seen in game yet, as opposed to the DB Schenker livery in Great Western Express

34. paulgregs

paulgregs Active Member

Update is here on Xbox, journeys for wsr, and head sway....

Subtle but nice.... Probably more but I'm busy in the 101....

• Like Like x 1
  35. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

Let's be real here for a second. Most people who have GWE, NTP, TSW will buy East Coastal too. I certainly do because it's English route. Even better, it's modern :)
    Hard to beat the RRO thou but it will definitely give something new to the gameplay :)

• Like Like x 3
  36. paulgregs

paulgregs Active Member

Wow.... Just wow....

Those junctions between Huddersfield and Dewsbury in a 45....

Wow

• Like Like x 1
  37. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

So will the update be dropping today WEDNESDAY for PC and the DLC Thursday?

38. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Yea

• Like Like x 1
  39. Western cowboy

Western cowboy New Member

How much is the dlc in canada

40. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

About $44

41. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

No Canadian DLC as of yet but that will change once the editor is released

42. Western cowboy

Thanks both of u guys

43. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Sorry misunderstood the question but it is actually $33.99 with the discount it's $30.59 for the PC, not sure about Xbox or PS4.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  44. Western cowboy

45. rogerayres

rogerayres New Member

Well here is what tin tin said I quote from he's posts (I’d guess about 70% of this thread is doom and gloom and To be fair your original post and mine crossed so I wasn't even aware of what you had put until you responded if it makes you feel any better. I only read it after).
    Why is it doom and gloom some people will buy East Coastway and some wont thats there choice,but going by what he's saying only he has the right to say something and no body else.

46. rogerayres

rogerayres New Member

Well I hope you all enjoy your route those that buy it, and no I wont down vote any of you thats childish if you cant listen to other peoples opinion ,freedom of speech.

• Like Like x 1
  47. TinTin_57

Still....banging....on

• Like Like x 6
  48. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

All,

Please can we keep it both on topic and friendly. We appreciate you all have your own unique viewpoints and opinions but can we all accept that there is absolutely no need to antagonise anyone else on this forum just because their opinion differs from your own. Everyone has a right to express their opinion, whether you believe it to be right or not.

We've also noticed a trend recently with some individuals pulling threads off topic and discussing things completely irrelevant to the topic. 99% of the people on this forum are happy to adhere to the rules.

This is fair warning that your access will be removed if any of the above continues to be a disruption/discomfort for any user of this forum.

I trust you will all heed this and get back to discussing the topic at hand.

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 9
  49. rogerayres

rogerayres New Member

Thank you Steve can I just say the down vote is a bad idea because it makes it look like the people who have a different opinion are wrong and as you said in your post. Everyone has a right to express their opinion, whether you believe it to be right or not,thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  50. Deltic00

Deltic00 Active Member

Does anybody know what time the add on is dropping? I’m hoping midnight I really can’t wait to get it