Passenger View

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tadeus72, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Tadeus72

Tadeus72 New Member

Guys,
    I really like to change to passenger view in many of the sims I play as it's a pretty immersive thing to do from time to time. The problem in TSW it's that it's absolutely terrifying. You need to stand up from your seat, go over to the second seat, press arrows... and you are moved to the passenger view - which works great! But you have absolutely no control over the train (braking) and cannot even see the HUD to know if you will need to break every minute :) If you notice something strange you have to immediately cancel the view, jump up from your seat and run to the next one!

Yeah, I know it's kind of exciting, but sometimes I would like to relax :) Could we please just get access to the passenger view with a button or the TAB menu as a normal alternative view? This way we would still get the HUD to know if everything is alright and could decelerate when it's needed without getting a heart attack:)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Alex656

Alex656 Member

I too would love this feature.

• Like Like x 1
  3. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

You know you can let the AI drive the train, yes? ;)

I know, that's not the same, but still... when I'm driving I have not much time to look around anyway in most cases. PZB/AWS and screenshooting don't mix very well.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Just ride as a passenger and let the AI drive. :)

5. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

That is a great idea for route learning too!

• Like Like x 1
  6. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

You can already do this in the game on some trains. Just move camera 3 inside the train then when the doors close Camera 3 becomes trapped inside the train. You can then use it to view inside the train and continue to drive. Tried this on the Class 166, Class 377, Mk2 Leeds-Manchester stock. Does not work on 101 as camera cannot enter train.