PC East Coast-all British Loco Can Be Used For Rail Tour!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by matthewbguilford, Dec 11, 2019.

1. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

8891E56E-F551-453B-BEF0-C962955175EA.png 1336AFB7-1AA1-4B1A-B017-4AB56BBEA5DF.png
    95478369-3DEB-4B0E-AA9D-A8615DE3A54C.png Hi everyone,
    Watching the beginning of the East coast stream it was shown to us that you will be able to use British locomotives from other routes for a special top and tail Rail tour service from Lewes to Eastborne! A class 66 on the back is responsible for pulling the service in the opposite direction. Apparently you need to own the NTP route for the rail tour service and it will use the locomotives from NTP and Tees valley including all the DLC locomotives for those routes. Sadly no news of being able to use locomotives from WSR. We will have to see what tomorrow brings for more details but I thought this was great and very exciting! What does everyone think about them adding this?

Update- Matt stated on stream that the reason we won’t see any locomotives from WSR is because they couldn’t get the brakes to work right.

Notes- I just wanted to say what a year it has been following the development of TSW. We got a lot of really great routes and locomotive DLC this year and I really believe DTG has found their groove. I’m looking forward to what 2020 brings. I’m glad I get to share it all with this community of kind and smart people! Merry Christmas everyone and have a safe new year and we can all get together for when they announce the first release of 2020.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 16
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

If it's like the German ones, you'll probably need whatever routes the locos come with, so TVL too for the silver Class 37. Nice to see this though, would definitely add to playability.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

It's long overdue, as it's something that's been wanted for GWE since the Class 33 and Class 52 were introduced on WSR.

DTG always seem to make weird decisions that limit gameplay though. It's a fictious railtour, so why does it only go Lewes to Eastbourne? They could have called it the Coastway Explorer and run it top and tail Brighton - Lewes - Seaford - Lewes - Eastbourne, covering the whole route, with two end changes to add extra interest.

Hopefully they add similar services on the other routes, TVL and GWE especially.

• Like Like x 5
  4. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Probably to avoid having to shunt at Brighton, would be my guess.

5. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Its a good start to adding more game play elements and I was happy to see this on the stream!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. thearkerportian

Does this include the 33 and 52 as well by the way?

7. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

No, Matt said there was an issue with the differing brake types, so those locos were taken out.

• Like Like x 1
  8. thearkerportian

Thanks, but, dang! precisely the ones that would have needed it the most! I would have headed straight to the store if the 52 would work. :(

• Like Like x 1
  9. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Hopefully the issue gets fixed as Matt seemed keen to have those popular locos added.

10. matthewbguilford

I was saddened when I found out we couldn’t use the class 52 but I’m also just happy they added the rail tour service. I do believe we will be able to feel the full potential of the class 52 at some point.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Digital Draftsman

I don't understand, they're both dual braked, so they should be able to haul air braked or vac braked passenger stock??? Welcome to the weird World of DTG.

D1015 for years has been a really popular locomotive for railtours on the mainline, it's the ideal locomotive to use. What a missed opportunity!

12. matthewbguilford

Well now that they have introduced the rail tour idea hopefully we will see it implemented in future routes.

• Like Like x 6
  13. thearkerportian

Aparently, Matt was talking about brake systems as some coding/scripting stuff, not as in vacuum vs. air.

14. matthewbguilford

If you listen to the first couple minutes of the stream when they announce the rail tour services he says “it doesn’t work with WSR for air vacuum reasons.”. I know you are using the passenger wagons from NTP. I’m not sure if that causes a problem.

15. Digital Draftsman

There must be more to it than that, as both locomotives are capable of operating both air and vac stock, with the stock from NTP being air, so they should be compatible.

Perhaps they have followed the 'component' policy Matt mentioned and the coaches and the locos are running different versions of the brake 'component.' When I read about the 'component' way of doing things this was the precisely the sort of problem I envisaged. This is probably the real reason we can't have the option of running all locomotives on all the routes, because they're just not compatible with each other.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DominusEdwardius

DominusEdwardius Well-Known Member

The locos are perfectly capable of operating with the Mk2s, no issues at all with the braking system.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

This is a nice little surprise!

• Like Like x 3
  18. Valdez

Valdez Active Member

Don’t think the 66 would like Vac braking, and that’s part of the consist so presumably can’t be swapped to, for example, a 47 when the Western is up front. Edited to add that the versioning reason seems much more likely though.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  19. thearkerportian

Then I wonder what the issue is...

20. Digital Draftsman

They just redid the braking system on the Class 66 especially for the DLC, Matt even mentioned the ability to isolate the brake, so even if it was the issue they could just isolate the brakes on the Class 66. Plus, that would prevent any of the other locomotives being used, not just the 33 and 52.

21. Valdez

Valdez Active Member

I’m not sure, but if the head end can only produce vacuum and can’t generate air then the 66 brakes won’t be able to be released as it’s not, as far as I know, dual braked? I think by isolate he meant isolate the brake controller in that cab for multiple working, like shutdown on the BR designs.

22. Digital Draftsman

But the 52 and 33 are both dual braked, so they can produce air, the same as a 31 and 47. The Mk 2s are Mk 2As, so they are airbraked anyway, so there's no vac on the train.

Even with a vac braked train, you could still have the Class 66 on the back with the brake pipe c0ck closed, effectively isolating it. In reality you'd have to have someone riding in the 66 ready to apply the brake should anything go wrong, plus you'd probably be required to run at a slower speed. But still.

So it must be an issue with how DTG have simulated the brake components on the 33 and 52.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. Valdez

Valdez Active Member

Ahh, didn’t realise the 52 was also dual braked. Yes I think version compatibility issues with the brake components in which case hopefully the next time the WSR stuff is looked at there may be some options. Still nice to be able to use 5 existing locos.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Wondering if any of the rail tours will have stopping or simply A to B such as a quick drive

25. matthewbguilford

It is only one service and from the stream I believe it’s just from point A to B.

26. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

oh well, GWE railtour hopefully early 2020

• Like Like x 1
  27. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i did the railtour. when i arrived in Eastbourne 3 people got off the train and 1 person got on. i dont know why the one person got on because the railtour is a one way ticket. i guess the rail company that did the rail tour lost money on this trip hahahaha.

why couldnt DTG start the rail tours from Brighton to Eastbourne and return, surely it would have been much better trip and more profitable.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Would it have blocked up the 377 services?

29. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i dont think so because it immediately sets off back as AI so i got on it and it kicks you out of the game as it goes up a un mapped line at hampden park

30. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

The line that the Newhaven Aggregates train uses to go North and avoid Brighton. From what Ive seen heading into Brighton over the viaduct, it can get congested. Lewes to Eastbourne railtour going further east, stays out of the way of those Ai trains joining the line at Lewes to go to Brighton and the joining Seaford- Brighton services, and also the London -Brighton mainline Ai entering the station.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  31. Digital Draftsman

Just a heads up guys, a new mod from trainsim.cz is available here which allows WSR locomotives to haul the ECW railtour service.
    20191219115729_1.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  32. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

This is epic

• Like Like x 1
  33. Schnauzahpowahz

25 to 30 mph heeeere weee come! :cool:

In hindsight, atleast itll make the Lewes/Eastbourne run feel longer

34. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

The locos are not locked to 25-30mph....that is just the speed limit of WSR. They will run at normal speed on ECW

35. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

That’s the top speed of the Class 09.

36. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Thanks Anthony....I do know that :)

37. Schnauzahpowahz

Maybe hop back in the 66 on the rear (possible?) And sure it'd be a little quicker ;)

38. michael.j.meliambro

michael.j.meliambro Member

Slow, but appropriate for any UK heritage line.