PlayStation East Coastway 1st Impressions Ps4 Slim

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Rob39, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

DTG how have you managed this? This route looks fantastic. The effort that you guys have put into this route pops out of the screen in every tile. The 377 especially with the addition of sway, is an absolute joy to drive. The Newhaven aggregate service/ is a really enjoyable bit of freight/shunting action. The railtour although missing the wsr stock is a nice touch. Last thing to note, Those framerates! I cannot think of a more detailed route, dense in scenery, custom features, yet on my 500gb base ps4 Im getting 40/50 fps. I highly reccomend anyone unsure about how long the route is, or how the high detail would run on console, to buy this. It wont dissappoint.

• Like Like x 10
  2. dylan.ainsworth

dylan.ainsworth New Member

Do you know if you can activate the AWS on the east coastway

3. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Yes, aws dsd and the vigilance stuff is there as usual. In the drivers cab stand up from your seat, look to the right and theres a panel with all the isolators. Also in the 377 tutorial it puts the you in an emergency stop situation, so that you will know how to get the train going should these aws or dvd put the brakes on.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

where can you check frame rates on the PS4

5. dylan.ainsworth

Will check it out thanks

6. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I have a keyboard plugged in. Then press ctrl F3 to display a framerate tracker on screen. The keyboard is super useful in this game/simulator, theres absolutely nothing you need to do apart from plug it in, and can be used along side the dual shock controller. ie Keyboard for removing aspects of the hud that you dont want on screen, turning motion blur on/off toggling cab 1 to cab 2, changing camera views, bringing up the signaller door option. two tone horn is easy to press, all the pzb options on german routes without franticly searching the dash for the right switch. Then use the ds4 for all the walking camera movement, acceleration an d braking. You can get a keyboard really cheap nowadays. Got my logitech one for £15 last year, wireless one. just plug in the included dongle, put the batteries in the keyboard and turn on. You dont have to do anything to your ps4 settings, it just works.

• Like Like x 1
  7. dylan.ainsworth

I have just seen about the key board can you control the whole game thought the key board or do you still have to use the controller

8. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

thanks didnt know that. i do have a keyboard and i do use it a lot on TSW

9. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Can control everything except dynamic brake, if I remember right.
    You might find that using the ds4 controller with the keyboard is a better experience though. If you look up one of the steam manuals for TSW releases it will show you a full control guide for keyboard, lots of useful shortcuts in there.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019