East Coastway Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by thearkerportian, Dec 13, 2019.

1. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

It seems nobody opened this thread yet. Overall the new route is very well done, some bugs and glitches seemed to have slipped through QA though:

- 10:36 Eastbourne to Brighton service can't be finished due to red signal entering Brighton
    - when riding an AI-driven 377, gangway connections between middle cars (NOT cab end gangways) can't be used; invisible wall.
    - issues with Class 66 engine and alerter sounds cutting out after a few kilometers of driving.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

There is also no wheel flange being played on this route.

Its definitely there as I’ve extracted the files to have a look, it’s just not playing in the game for whatever reason.

One thing I can tell you is that it sounds very nice, and will make going round corners and tight junctions a lot more realistic.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  3. thearkerportian

I've already wondered about that, after RRO's very realistic flange sounds for the ET 422.

4. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Add 1G09 Ore - Brighton (via Eastbourne) 08:06:30 service to the “can’t complete due to a red light outside Brighton” list.

5. thearkerportian

I hope you're fine with me adding this here.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Confirmed. Old GWE bug with the same loco model back again.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

That's fine I was also thinking of putting it here last night as well but I was tired.

8. J4mes

J4mes Member

Michael Newbury said:
    I was walking the route and left Lewes headed for Seaford and ran into a invisible wall just outside of Lewes could not get around it at all.

Does this mean that we can't get to Seaford on the Train as well then if there is an invisible wall there?

9. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I have run services to seaford just fine. I think there are invisible boxes around the track which limits where you can walk.

• Like Like x 1
  10. thearkerportian

Limit where you can walk, where you can move the camera... I also feel they've got tighter in newer DLCs.

11. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

Trophies are not popping it owes me 2 of them.
    why is there no sparks coming off the third rail and there is no sound off sparks coming off the third rail
    again lack off passengers and people on stations. i cant believe Brighton station is dead, one of the most popular seaside towns in england. it should be heaving with people

• Like Like x 2
  12. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

There seems to be a problem with Class 377 coupling! No matter what I do I cannot get the 2C73 22:52 to couple at Brighton. Decided to watch the AI couple so spwaned in at 23:25 waited for AI driven service to couple and it does not couple either. Train sits there next to other 4 car unit.
    If I spawn in at 23:30 train is already coupled and then service is avaiable to run to depot.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Darthtool

Darthtool Member

Noticed this also, i thought something was missing that was definitely present in NTp and TVL, hope they get this sorted.. also the lack of passengers at Brighton is very odd.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Darthtool

Darthtool Member

Also, getting a lot of Unreal Engine crashes when using the exterior view at speed, never experienced this before.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Michael Newbury

It's only when you walking by train is fine, for some reason someone did test walking that part of the route

16. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I managed to complete this service without the red light issue.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

A lot of these seem to be highly variable based on the time. I got stuck earlier at a red on a service because I was driving slowly to take some screenshots. I looked on the map and there was no AI service blocking my route. It seems like the dispatcher can get confused if you end up running late or early by a certain amount.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Yeah thats exactly what I thought. Makes checking services difficult. The problem I had was speeding, looking at the lovely scenery then having to brake like mad to meet the stopping location!! All good fun

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  19. Sgt Salt

Sgt Salt New Member

I did a similar service and got a red but when I tabbed it worked.

20. Digital Draftsman

It seems like if the points are set correctly it will let you TAB through, but if the points are set against you it won't. I was about 15 minutes late and the points beyond were against me, but there was no other service anywhere nearby on the map and TAB was denied.

21. Darthtool

Darthtool Member

After a few minutes of using exterior views or Spawn walking around Lewes the game crashes with a UE4 error, happens everytime. game has become unplayable on this DLC.

I78600k/gtx1080/32gb ram SSD all latest drivers yadda yadda, was all fine till this new DLC.

have .Dmp files where can i submit them?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  22. thearkerportian

How many minutes are "a few"? Let's see if I can reproduce.

23. Darthtool

Darthtool Member

5-10 minutes of standing at lewes, 14:00 - 15:00 gametime. just leave it running and within that time frame it crashes every time for me.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  24. thearkerportian

Nope, no problem here whatsoever, ran smooth as a charm.

I found out something else though:
    20191215183148_1.jpg
    Did you know you can "board" the 377 by standing on the sideboards, eg, walking into the closed doors? You won't get any further though than the first time the train leans toward the side you're standing on!

• Like Like x 2
  25. Darthtool

Darthtool Member

well ive got an error folder with 10 entries all from this DLC now in the last few hours., £24 down the toilet.. steam refund pending.

26. Digital Draftsman

This is actually a feature DTG have implemented for the upcoming Mumbai DLC!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  27. Rhazv

Rhazv Member

Banner repeaters don't seem to be working quite right. For me, they are showing caution while the next signal is displaying a single yellow aspect. According to the manual, the banner repeater should only be at caution when the next signal is displaying stop.

Banner_repeater.png

• Like Like x 3
  28. Michael Newbury

I too myself have now experienced 3 UE4 crashes yesterday after the install of this route. Mine have all happened when I was exiting the game, thankfully none have effected my game play as of yet.

29. Digital Draftsman

Yes, that indicates the signal ahead is red. Diagonal white is yellow ahead and diagonal green is green ahead. I have noticed this issue with this exact signal too. It's always like it, so I don't know why it wasn't picked up in testing as it seems like every approach to Eastbourne would reveal this issue.
    20191215195453_1.jpg

Very poor QA from DTG, but that's always been the case. The same issue with the repeater on the platform at Eastbourne:
    upload_2019-12-15_20-4-2.png

• Like Like x 2
  30. rogerayres

rogerayres New Member

Well I'm glad I did not buy it, saved myself £25.00,and to be honest nobody should have this problem after paying £25.00.

31. thearkerportian

What exactly has the price to do with bugs? If it costs 5, 25, 50 or 500 moneys, things can be broken, so fair so good. But they need to get fixed.

• Like Like x 3
  32. Digital Draftsman

I too have now experienced spurious AWS alarms:

Service 2L62 Brighton - Lewes in Journey mode.
    1. Signal T701 just before London Rd, aspect Green, AWS alarm triggered.
    2. Signal T703 just before Moulsecoomb, aspect Green, AWS alarm triggered.
    3. Signal LW5R between Falmer and Lewes, aspect Green, AWS alarm triggered.
    4. Signal LW5 between Falmer and Lewes, aspect Green, AWS alarm triggered.
    If anyone else can replicate, let me know here.

• Like Like x 1
  33. thearkerportian

I'll try tomorrow. What's the departure time of that service?

34. Michael Newbury

So I ran this one from the timetable and got the same alarms as you did at the same signals.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  35. Digital Draftsman

20:20, evening service.

36. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I ran a service 1G17 from Eastbourne to Brighton. I was delayed at the start by a Hastings train that departs about a minute before my service. I got to Lewes about 30 seconds to 1 minute late and the despatcher gave me a red light and made me wait 2 minutes for the inbound Lewes shuttle. I was then late to falmer by 3 minutes. Eventually got to Brighton on time. I wondered if the Fast train is always made to wait for the stopper service. When I spawned into Lewes the service 1G17 was alittle earlier but had the green light. Interesting!! I will run the service again and try to be exactly on time to see what happens.

37. finboeden

finboeden Member

There are a couple of bugs I have encountered on this route so far. These are:

- The aforementioned banner repeater not displaying at 45 degrees when the signal it represents is clear or at cautionary.

- The AWS sunflower does not disappear (then reappear when the aws cancel button is depressed) when travelling over the magnet when under cautionary or danger signals and therefore the only hint of cancelling a warning is by ear (Very unrealistic as the sunflower 'ticks' and the alarm sounds when passing over the magnet in real life).

- The Selective Door Opening (SDO) button is pointless as the door of the carriages (the ones not in the platform) of the rear portion of a train do not cut out as in real life when the SDO door open button is pressed (Defeating the whole point of the feature).

- Randomly get a TPWS brake intervention when under clear signals and passing the TPWS train stop adjacent to the signal that I am passing.

- The shutdown of the cab procedure is unrealistic as when changing ends, the traction brake controller is placed into emergency and the master key removed, when setting up the other cab and then subsequently trying to move off is impossible as the rear cab still seems to be active.

- When playing the Loose Connection, while tending to the door fault on the platform, it was impossible to get to the door on the platform due to the sheer amount of AI passengers spawning onto the platform.

- Is it possible to make the the DSD pedal and AWS reset different buttons rather than one? (I know not a bug but a deep seated suggestion that is needed).

- Also to add the above point, can the the DRA and signal buzzer also have a key binding.

Apart from the above, a great addition to TSW and the route really is worth the money my eyes as more realism has been brought to the table in terms of train simulation as a whole. Also I think you have nailed the sounds this time with the class 377 as it doesn't sound like a washing machine compared to previous addons like the class 166 on GWR mainline and this makes the simulation more immersive and realistic as sounds really do, in my opinion, make or break the simulator/add on.

Well done DTG!!!

• Like Like x 2
  38. Digital Draftsman

Edit: Now unlocked!

I've now done over 10 services on ECW, yet the achievement hasn't unlocked. Has anyone else unlocked it?

upload_2019-12-16_8-55-10.png

upload_2019-12-16_8-54-14.png

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  39. thearkerportian

Aaaand... Replicated!

40. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

the going coastal trophy unlocked for me last night and i wasnt even driving i was just walking around doing collectables. i did 10 services but i also think if you do about 5 or 6 railtours aswell it will then unlock.

i have also noticed the wrong banner setting a few times.
    i also got spad on a green light and i cant remember where it was but i think it was on a eastbourne service

41. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

That would be 1 tutorial, 1 scenario, and 8 services, not ten.
    I believe they're still referred to as services, even though it's under Timetable in the menu.

42. Digital Draftsman

Ah, so scenarios don't count as a service. It's unlocked now I've done a couple more. Thanks.

upload_2019-12-16_9-41-20.png

43. thearkerportian

Correct. Scnerarios and tutorials have their own achievements. DTG should relabel the achievement to "complete 10 timetable mode services" or something like that for more clarity.

• Like Like x 3
  44. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Ran 2G19 Eastbourne to Brighton and finally approached Brighton on time. But was held at a Red signal for 5 minutes. I thought the despatcher held up my service to allow the Lewes shuttle to depart. This eventually departed but the signal remained at red. I waited a couple of minutes but the light stayed red. So I tried passing the signal which failed the service. But I was offered the load last active checkpoint. This put me back at my previous station stop Moulsecoomb. I completed the passenger loading and approached Brighton again this time the signal was yellow and I was able to arrive on time and save my points.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  45. kieranharvey95

kieranharvey95 Member

Personally I love that. Those kind of delays happen in real life and if they developed a chance based system where you can randomly end up delayed etc. It would be pretty cool.

• Like Like x 2
  46. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

It was really enjoyable as it was random and unpredictable. I think Matt mentioned on his stream that there are different versions of the dispatcher and I think ECW has the latest version which does seem dynamic.

• Like Like x 3
  47. Jose

Jose Member

Can't use gangway between cars invisible wall blocking of some sort dtg please fix in timetable can't through train ECW

• Like Like x 1
  48. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

ha ha sorry I laughed out loud at this one. That’s some bug right there, I bet you wondered what the hell was going on

49. motionguy

motionguy New Member

-flashlight doesn't work when roaming
    -lots of services need to be fixed/can't complete, or transfer trains at some points
    -tracks disappearing in front of moving train

50. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

Has anyone noticed that motor deceleration sounds for AI trains seem to be bugged. Doesn't matter how fast the train is going, when they decelerate stopping at a station you can't hear any of the high pitch motor sounds. You can hear the run sounds and doors/idle noise though, but just no motor sounds. Acceleration works fine though, so I'm wondering if this is a bug or maybe just a design choice.