PlayStation Storage Space

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by hightower, Dec 24, 2019.

1. hightower

hightower Guest

Hey all,

PC player here but I’ve just fired up my PS4 to play CODMW. It’s currently downloading an 87GB update.

It got me thinking, how does TSW compare? If you have all the DLC how much space does it take up, and roughly how much does each individual DLC require?

Many thanks.

2. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Without looking (I'll double check later) I think my install is about 34Gb. I haven't got all the route and loco DLCs but there was a sneaky habit of installing the add-ons even though you haven't bought them so I'm not entirely sure what that 34Gb includes. Considering the initial install was about 9Gb and I've only bought 3 routes and 2 locos it's a fair increase.

3. hightower

hightower Guest

That’s great. Thanks very much for replying!

4. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I never asked, how large is the PC version? Although the console versions feature downgraded graphics I'm assuming that the file sizes would otherwise be similar. You do have CSX HH which I expect adds a bit.

5. Reeon1999

Reeon1999 Active Member

upload_2019-12-25_16-7-3.png

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Reeon1999

Reeon1999 Active Member

7. Reeon1999

Reeon1999 Active Member

So that's on PC. But i'd imagine it to be similar on console since it's the same DLC.

8. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Since i would be interested how much the full game size varies between PS4 and Xbox i will throw in the numbers of a full Xbox One Install of TSW with all available DLC:
    56,1 GB

9. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

I asked about this in the Steam forums a few days ago. Certainly the 20GB recommendation seems to be hopelessly optimistic. I took the plunge and bought the Deluxe edition and it's currently running an 18.5GB download but lord knows what that will unpack to and Steam spent 15 minutes or so before starting that to allocate nearly 30GB of space.

I'll update this if there's any interest.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ragn05

ragn05 Well-Known Member

probably the recommended 20GB are still the ones for Heavy Heavy Haul only, I wouldn't be surprised if nowadays the base game is two times that value

11. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I’m on PS4 with all current available DLC and I can see it is 47Gb. Quite a difference to the PC numbers above

12. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

That's interesting Tin Tin. So it would seem that the various updates haven't installed everything onto my system then. Although I think there's still a bit more than I've purchased.

Strange. You'd have thought the console versions would have been very similar in size. I wonder what the difference is?

That's a lot of extra textures in Reeon's folder above on the PC version!

13. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

11 hours later... 72.7GB.