Please Stop E-mail Spamming, Dtg!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by thearkerportian, Jan 1, 2020.

1. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

I don't need a daily(!) reminder that the sale is STILL running, thank you. If that's all the newsletter ever does, I may as well unsibscribe.

Train Spam.PNG

• Like Like x 5
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I posted about this a while ago and DTG said, as a direct result of my post, they were going to change the options for email to avoid people getting too many emails.

They haven't changed anything and the daily email barrage continues.

The emails are mainly about Steam sales (which are of no interest to me as I play TSW on PS4) and Train Simulator (which are of no interest to me as I do not have a PC).

• Like Like x 3
  3. thearkerportian

Thanks for letting me know. Unsubscribed.

4. AyrtonS8

AyrtonS8 Well-Known Member

It is getting annyoing those DTG Emails. I wouldn't even call it a Newsletter because its not really news. Its just used to try and sell products like there social media.

Just Trains do newsletters pretty well. It lists what has been released with both Just Flight and Trains, what products have recieved updates, products that are in development and what stages they are at, sometimes competitions to win products etc. Its kind of like a article of whats been going on at Just Flight and Trains in the past month or so. If DTG did something like this then it would be more interesting, instead of just Sale Emails every day.

I think I may just unsubsribe as well come to think of it. I don't even look at them anymore since I know what its going to be.

• Like Like x 3
  5. thearkerportian

Yep, much agreed. I mean one e-mail when a new sale starts would be totally fine, but not like this. And that one e-mail I get any way, from Steam. "15 items on your wishlist are on sale." Then it works like that I go through the wishlist, pick one or two, maybe skim through the store for non-wishlisted items that might be nice, maybe pick some more here, then go to checkout and pay. The rest will have to wait for a later sale, and reminding me daily won't change that. I got enough new stuff to try out for a while, thanks. And DTG products are on sale fairly often anyway, so there's really no urge not to miss this opportunity.

6. AyrtonS8

AyrtonS8 Well-Known Member

TS content used to only go on sale whenever there was a Steam Sale and maybe the odd DTG sale like "March Madness Sale". Now it feels like a all year sale with the name just changing now and then. I personally think that because TS content is on sale majority of the time, why don't they just permanently reduce the price of the content thats always on sale? That exciting feeling of a Steam Sale coming up soon where I have my eye on certain TS products has gone. Because theres always a sale, theres the possiblity that a certain product might go down in price a bit more in just a couple of weeks.

I am not moaning that TS products are on sale a lot of the time. More so due to Dovetail having them on sale a lot so they can just push and push people to buy them. Hence the daily Emails, posts on Facebook etc.

7. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

Hi everyone.

I think these are all valid points, although I'd like to note that this is the most active business period in the gaming industry as a whole with many sales happening between October and January. The biggest sales of the year are Steam and Winter Sale, both are in this period.

Rest of the year is fairly quiet apart from the Summer Sale and a few other sales stretched across the year. It gets quieter as the holiday season comes to an end. I would also note that TS has a very wide DLC catalogue so sales are necessary to give visibility to products that may be older and can't headline more regular sales, we have over 800 products that players may be interested in but can't commit to due to pricing.

I do however recognise the negative experience that you may have with our email and social media output, and I promise to pass on your feedback where necessary.

• Like Like x 2
  8. thearkerportian

That would be nice. Let's just hope the sales department will bother to listen.

9. thearkerportian

And? anybody's inbox detonated yet under the strain from that rail festival thing yet?

10. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Let's face it: e-mail strongly resembles "snail-mail" in the sense that a very large percentage of both consists of annoying trash. The advantage of e-mail is simple: we don't have to haul it to a recycling center; just click the trash or spam button and way it goes -- only to show up again later, of course, but that's another issue.

As the saying goes, "don't let the bas***** grind you down". And, please, don't gripe about it here because by doing so you grind down the rest of us. Okay?