Union Pacific's Triple Track Mainline In Nebraska

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by treid09, Aug 13, 2019.

1. treid09

treid09 Guest

In June of 2018, my Dad and I took a trip to railfan Union Pacific's triple track mainline, known as the Kearney Subdivision. This route defies imagination, as it sees easily sees 80 to 100 trains per day! It is triple tracked between North Platte and Gibbon, Nebraska. The line features high speeds, tons of crossovers, and plenty of signals. There are no significant grades for trains to conquer, as it in the Nebraska plains, but the real challenge comes in train handling. The length of trains vary, but several are well over one and a half miles long! The length of these trains means that some of them have mid-train DPU's (remote helper locos). There were several times that I would watch as an intermodal train thundered by at 70 mph with three or four engines on the front and two in the middle. Dovetail has already created top-notch Union Pacific equipment for this route. Another feature that would make this route unique is the world's largest classification yard in North Platte: Bailey Yard. At 8 miles in length (you read that right, 8 MILES), it is far too big to be featured in the route, but a portion of the east departure yards could be modeled. The Kearney Sub is world famous route and would be a fantastic route to have in TS. Having railfanned it, let me give a piece of advice: if can ever go, GO! It is the definition of big-time US railroading and the heartbeat of the US rail network. (I tried to add some of my pictures taken on the trip, but the stupid file uploader won't work, so I recommend Googling the line.)

• Like Like x 6
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

You can upload pictures anywhere on the net and then link them via URL...

[​IMG]

Like this (from my steam profile)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. treid09

treid09 Guest

ARuscoe: Thanks for the tip! I will.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

An 8-mile yard would be so awesome! I'd like this route. If DTG makes this, I'd like a UP Genset, GP60, and ET44AC or SD70ACe-T4. This could be cool for Train Sim World, too.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Average_Joe57

Average_Joe57 Active Member

This section of the main Transcontinental route would be a fantastic addition! We have Donner Pass and Soldier Summit and I think we could use more pieces of the UP's Transcon.

• Like Like x 2
  6. C 70015

C 70015 Member

I do think it's about time for a new union pacific route especially one that travels at high speeds

• Like Like x 3
  7. treid09

treid09 Guest

Definitely.

• Like Like x 3
  8. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

This would be an awesome addition to TSW!

• Like Like x 2
  9. treid09

treid09 Guest

I can only dream...

• Like Like x 2
  10. NSMotherSlug#881

NSMotherSlug#881 Active Member

would be nice to see the Largest Yard in the United States be in game, honestly it would be more amazing awesome if they could make working hump yards and brake retarders like how my dad tough me how hump yards work which he use to work Enola Pa hump yard in the mid 90's for Conrail

• Like Like x 3
  11. treid09

treid09 Guest

It sure would be nice! Especially with functioning retarders. That’s really cool that your dad worked at Enola. Conrail was a great line.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

I agree, an UP Genset would be great to have, next to the CSX one. :)

13. NSMotherSlug#881

NSMotherSlug#881 Active Member

Thanks it be nice to get multiplayer at some point soon as Dovetail said from the early beta that this game would have.at some point dovetail should give us players more freedom like being able to enter CP towers ( Control Points ) to give us players more since this game is called Train SIM World right i'm I wrong

• Like Like x 3