PlayStation Services?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Badger, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Badger

Badger New Member

Ok, silly question I’m sure, but I got the impression from reading the blurb, that I could experience TSW (specifically West Somerset Railway as that’s mostly all I’ve played so far.) as a passenger if I wanted to. I got the impression that I would be able to enter the environment, having not taken responsibility for anything specific and that the world would just get on with it’s own thing and let me ride, train spot, or look for hidden items.

I can’t seem to see how to select this option from the scenario menu though. Did I get the wrong end of the stick?

Badger

2. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Go to Timetable and select Spawn Walking.

3. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

As Ildario says spawn walking and then picking a location is what you're looking for if you just want to amble about.

Here's a useful link to the timetables for the various routes, that way you can spawn just before a train leaves/arrives. If you wanted to take a ride that is. :)

You can also get out of the cab and wonder about or sit in a carriage. The game eill eventually ask you if you want to relinquish control of the train and then take over is you say yes.

4. Badger

Badger New Member

Thanks fellas, that’s handy info. Does this mean that the world I spawn into, will be circulating around a specific train instance? Rather than a rail line with trains moving about and just ignoring me? So for example, if I ride on a train, get off a couple of stops in and then go looking for items (because apparently I carry quite a lot of sand and milk about my person at any given moment. Not to mention posters and paste and brushes to put them up. ) as the train pulls away. Will there be another one along in a minute, or had I better make sure I have a good pair of walking boots on?

Badger

• Like Like x 1
  5. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

The service mode you can spawn into runs continuously so the trains will just get on with it. You can climb aboard any one and take control of them, or just sit in a carriage or second mans chair. Then get out again where you want. Or you can just wander about and ignore them (or collect numbers if you want!)

Yes I to often wonder where I carry all the items to carry out all the jobs. :D

Oh you can walk for miles. Fancy a stroll from Leeds to Manchester? It's possible!
    Those timetables I posted above can come in quite useful.

6. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Yep already walked from Saltburn to Darlington doing collectables. Have to go back and do the yards to get the rest.
    Recently finished walking Reading - Paddington.
    Now currently walking The NEC route!

Regards

Hentis

7. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Walk Sim World. :)

• Like Like x 3
  8. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Hell yeah.... Not been struck by a train yet but close lol.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  9. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

You want to watch out for those trains passing by, they are dangerous. Sometimes they can spoil a good stroll. Perhaps put a ticket in and ask for them to be removed. ;)

Have you got your virtual self walking about now Badger?

• Like Like x 1
  10. AngelicBuffalo

AngelicBuffalo New Member

The service mode you can spawn into runs continuously so the trains will just get on with it. You can climb aboard any one and take control of them, or just sit in a carriage or second mans chair. Then get out again where you want. Or you can just wander about and ignore them (or collect numbers if you want!)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  11. TomGardinerUK

TomGardinerUK New Member

This is one of my favourite features of the game. Especially on the freight, when you're stood out on the freight train on the new Canadian Subdivision route for example, I just love seeing all the scenic detail around me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I got hit by one on PC while doing the jobs. Got dragged along half inside the floor of the train for a while, then popped up safely into the passenger carriage and had to wait for the next station to get off it again. Bit like that subway scene in Ghost!

• Like Like x 2
  13. TomGardinerUK

TomGardinerUK New Member

I walked along the NTP route recently and almost got hit by a Class 101 when trying to fix the doors of those pesky boxes. Pretty scary when it comes up to you at such a speed.

• Like Like x 1
  14. rangersrob37

rangersrob37 New Member

So I was correct In going into timetable mode to do this? There is no actual service mode to select in menu?

15. rangersrob37

rangersrob37 New Member

That site needs some serious updating for Long Island. Port Washington isn’t even mentioned.