Seebergbahn Remastered

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by Doomotron, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Seebergbahn was one of three fictional routes introduced in RailWorks. If you haven't played it yet (it's available on the Steam Workshop for free), it was a 20 (?) mile route formed of two lines going from a main hub called Seeberg. It had freight yards and lots of passenger stations. Being an old route, it is comparatively terrible, but old assets and dodgy signalling can't hold this route back. One of the lines goes along a coast, with one side having a huge lake, and the other having large mountains. On the other line (which you need to reverse at Seeberg to get on to), you go up and down through a mountain range with some pretty steep slopes and one or two 180 degree corners. It's a very enjoyable route to drive on.

The route for some reason (along with the other two) was retired from Steam, meaning the E18 and possibly other DLCs that use it don't work. Anyway, I think that the concept of this German route (although I think it was actually based on a line in Switzerland, but with German names) needs to come back, so I suggest remaking the route to modern standards with newer trains (a Talent multiple unit, a TRAXX loco, and a shunter of some sort, perhaps?) and proper signalling. I've actually been tempted to do this myself, to be honest.

Had downvotes remained active, I wonder how many I'd get for this...

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

3. Doomotron

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

But the E18 does work and you can find scenarios for that loco on RailSim.de

5. Doomotron

I don't think you understand what I am saying. The scenarios for Seebergbahn included with the E18 do not work for most users as they do not own the original route.

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I understand that.
    When people buy an add-on some people will buy it because they want to run the Three Scenarios that come with it and others buy it because they want the loco/train to run on other routes - the choice is theirs and the loco works quite well away from the Seebergbahn.

In the recent Sale I purchased a new loco and I did not own the route the Scenarios were for - but it did not stop me from buying it because I wanted it for another route

7. Doomotron

I already know that mate!

8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

In your original post you speculated the E18 would not work any more because the Seebergbahn was not available.
    I was pointing out it does still work and that scenarios are still being made for it's use