PC Any New Updates Or Content Or Anything?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by nne4229, Jan 4, 2020.

1. At least you could create a convoy to your taste or insert a Repaint (Cloned).

2. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Headsway? Yep, agreed. That's an awesome addition.
    Mastery? Not working whatsoever for me until this day. Not one little bit.
    Journeys? Never really got the point, It just stitches together some random services and scenarios that I could drive before already. But that might be just me.

Something I might add though is the graphics and lighting rework that came with the TSW2020 update. That made a big difference to us trigger-happy screenshooters.

• Like Like x 3
  3. danieboy

danieboy New Member

Just Purchased this yesterday and still in the wow factor stage at the moment as it looks stunning, Just going through the GWR journey got as far as "down the line" and one thing i notice is there doesn't seem to be any voice announcements on the trains or at the stations, would be a nice touch if this could be added (unless I've missed it anywhere)

• Like Like x 4
  4. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Welcome! Well the on board information is very rudimentary, and probably going to stay that way. The only announcements in TSW that come to mind are on platforms and on the CalTrain on the Peninsula Corridor route.

5. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

That's probably why a frequent recommendation from Matt to posters asking about the E word was to become familiar with the existing UE4 editor....

6. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Londonmidland and co do some really good mods, especially announcements on GWR platforms.

7. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

rc_internal branch on steam has been updated this morning, so we should probably expect a patch in the next days for RRO, PC, SW1000R (?!), NEC (?!), RSN and GWE.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. nne4229

nne4229 Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm

9. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

Hopefully DTG increase the output rate of DLC again this year. Waiting three or four months between DLCs that interest me is a pretty lethargic pace.

• Like Like x 6
  10. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

For a modern British route (excluding WSR for obvious reasons) the gap was over 2 years.

We really need other companies alongside DTG to release content for TSW to speed up the production rate. Just look at the frequency of DLC’s coming out every for weeks for TS1.

They probably have a lot of ambition and plans for TSW content, and are itching the make content. but are waiting on DTG to release the editor. So DTG are the only ones which can make this possible.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

Agreed. The only downside I can see (for current TS1 lovers) is that the other companies will most likely stop developing for TS1, which was going to be an inevitable consequence anyway.

12. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

TSW is great, to say it looks okay is an understatement but each to their own. I look forward to content, station signage without looking stretched, Metropolitan Line for TS1 looks too clean. The Met and all tube lines are pure filth. TML nailed the Circle Line.
    Editor hopefully soon! As id like to know if installing reskins is as taxing as TS1

13. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

Tsw 2020年第一個更新係請人

14. Digital Draftsman

I was on SCS's blog just now and it really shows just how appalling DTG's communication is with the Train Simming community: https://blog.scssoft.com/

DTG, please look at how SCS interacts with the Truck Sim community and strive to bring your communication with us to that level!

• Like Like x 3
  15. solon

solon Active Member

Unfortunately DTG has more of an attitude close to Stasi in terms of communication, than the example of other development studios.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Comme SCS, par exemple

17. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Yea some new rolling stock for east coastway be nice or a London Underground console simulator

18. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Really? Until revenue from TSW overtakes TS20xx I think 3rd party devs would be wise to stick with TS20xx. Some might develop for both but to drop TS20xx and switch to a smaller market would not make sense.

• Like Like x 1
  19. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

Headsway - bang on, great addition

Mastery - clearly the idea of someone who needed to contribute something to pass their probation period... Utterly pointless waste of time and space

Journeys - basically a "randomise weather" button with no other real value or purpose.

Its good they're making additions and features, albeit with a 33% success rate - but it's also about time really. 3 years in early access and counting ;)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

Well, obviously the switch isn't going to happen immediately but I think it will eventually. Of course, we're talking about numbers of years in terms of timing.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Journeys are useful for new players to practice learning a particular type of train.
    Mastery gives TSW more replay-ability.

22. Digital Draftsman

Mastery is a naff gimmick which adds little of value to the game. When Mastery was announced I thought it would be actual challenges that required in-depth learning of train handling, safety systems and routes.

Unlocking Mastery achievements should require actual Mastery; Driving a train over a route with no HUD and all the safety systems on, stopping accurately at platforms, obeying speed limits and sounding the horn at the correct times.

The current Mastery is just repeating the same gameplay over and over with no incentive to learn the route, use the safety systems or ditch the HUD.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

They can expand upon it later.

• Like Like x 2
  24. nne4229

nne4229 Well-Known Member

They won't.

• Like Like x 3