Br440

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by zsmonostori80, Jan 15, 2020.

1. zsmonostori80

zsmonostori80 New Member

I am not too sure - perhaps someone REALLY familiar with German railroading can help me out - but it seems to me that the BR440 included with the Nürnberg-Regensburg route has the SIFA incorrectly simulated.

As far as I am aware, if you press on the switch, the 30-second timer should reset back to zero. However, this is not the case here, the timer does not reset. I can click the switch but no point because the SIFA alert will still appear and THEN and only then will it start counting from zero.

So there is no way to reset it without it producing an alert.

In other German trains, I could travel without even having a single alert appearing by pressing the SIFA switch often enough.

2. JPX

JPX New Member

Me too, on the BR 185, it works as intended. In my case however, I can't even turn on SIFA inside a BR 440. I get the error message "SIFA is locked whilst the train is moving." whether I'm actually moving or standing still at a platform. I tested it both in Quick Drive and a Career Scenario on the Nuremberg-Regensburg line.
    Perhaps you should report it as a bug, since I'm not yet using this feature much, and I already have a bug submitted about a train's brakes not working after resuming a saved scenario. Still waiting for a reply about a week later.

Edit: My train braek / save issue is now in review at the dev. team, hopefully it'll be fixed eventually.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  3. zsmonostori80

zsmonostori80 New Member

That is not a bug. You should configure the train accordingly and then you can turn on the SIFA (and other systems).

4. JPX

JPX New Member

How? I only know of Shift+NumpadEnter which should turn it on/off. Plus with Expert Mode on, in the main settings...