PC Free Camera When On Foot

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Trim, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Trim

Trim Active Member

Is Free Camera mode available on foot? Pressing 8 does not work. I can understand 2 and 3 not being available if you aren't in a train, but why not 8? In some places there isn't a nice handy train I can sit in.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

No.

3. MillerPC

MillerPC Active Member

In a better response other than "No". Free Cam is only available if you are in a seat or seated vehicle. For the other reasons, you can always send a ticket to DTG about your suggestion for free cam outside of being in a seat as you are correct, it would be useful to use free cam without being bound to a vehicle.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

It would be great to have this option though, for those railfanning purposes :D

5. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

So ... you're looking for an out-of-(simulated)-body experience? Would you expect to see yourself standing there once you'd pressed -8-?
    Curious idea.

• Like Like x 1
  6. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

No. The idea is the enable the ‘free cam’ whilst spawned walking. In most cases to get photographs which aren’t limited to the ground or by your virtual player.

7. Trim

Trim Active Member

Oh, I'd be happy enough with only being able to see with my in-game eyes, with just the arrow keys so I could stick my head out of the cab window. This is a sim, after all. However, I would then want shunters giving hand signals to guide me while shunting, and usable arrow or other keys so I could look in either direction out of the nearest cab window (have you tried using the arrow keys when driving the 08?). I want to be able to move my head to the left or right inside the cab, or up or down, so I can see the signals past the window pillar or whatever gets in the way (you really should try the 08). Oh, and I'd like the guard or platform staff to tell me when the train is ready to leave.

What would be so odd about seing myself standing there anyway? I can see myself sat down in the cab when I press 2.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

Yeah, good point. At the moment to take a screenshot at a different height you have to either be in or driving a train so you can access the free camera. I find you can also travel faster with the free camera rather than running around. Even if I'm not taking a picture of the train I'll get into one just so I can use that camera and take the shot.

9. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

This would be a useful feature, especially when taking screenshots.