Fife Circle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by saltneyblue, Feb 8, 2020.

1. saltneyblue

saltneyblue New Member

Can someone from Dovetail give an indication as to what QA testing has gone into Fife Circle prior to release?

The route is not indicative of more quality and recent content released under the DTG banner (East Midlands Coal apart which I cannot comment on as I've not purchased) and many issues should have been eliminated at testing/bugging stage. Please don't allow the default position to be a reply asking me to raise a support ticket - it shouldn't come to that - much of it should be picked up prior to release. Poor show.

• Lack of superelevation
    • Repeated used of old kuju assets (particularly the same church!) when you have better resources in your own library.
    • Some glaring omissions on landmark sites
    • Haymarket Station model has floating signs within the model so we cannot even fix
    • Use of 1D assets at Edinburgh .... please its 2020 not 2009
    The above list is not exaustive - please get someone to revisit it and get some fixes sorted out and restore a bit pride in what you release.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. kerr.mcintosh

kerr.mcintosh New Member

Also problems when I started creating a scenario. Electric trains unable to depart Waverley platform 12. Also electric trains unable to go through Bathgate 1 portal or Midcalder Up portal. Come on DTG. As mentioned above, this is TS2020, things like this should not happen

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. trev123

trev123 Active Member

From Armstrong Powerhouse FB page.
    The Sky & Weather Enhancement Pack and Track Enhancement Pack have been updated to support the newly released Fife Circle route from Dovetail Games.

As a bonus, the Track Enhancement Pack also applies superelevation to the route.

To obtain this update, simply re-download from your 'Downloads' area.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  4. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Holy Scot... Dovetail is burning through consumer goodwill at excessive levels, even for Dovetail. First the Canadian debacle over at TSW, then this. That Southampton incident isn't that long ago either. Does Dovetail know the world is ending and want to rake in as much $$ as fast as at all possible? Well at least they wouldn't be entirely wrong :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Dont forget the severely broken Grainger Heartland route with missing signs, busted speed limits, the Philadelphia skyline from the NEC, a broken career scenario, and a reused SD70Ace with horrible lights.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Danny41978

Danny41978 New Member

Been viewing the review videos of the one route i have been hoping for in train simulator (as i lived around it my whole life, Cowdenbeath, Dunfermline and Rosyth) and what a big huge let down. Rush job with £££ in their eyes. 2d assets, no Edinburgh castle, no Scott monumenrt, 2 big landmarks. Forth Road bridge same colour as the Queensferry crossing when its grey, and as mentioned, repeated use of Kuju assets particulary the church. Maybe being picky, but for 24.99 you are hoping for a bit more realism. Poor.

• Like Like x 4
  7. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

I remember how Matt said in a stream that "Grainger didn't sell well at all, so we're probably not going to return to Kansas anytime soon."

Hate to break it to you but I don't think Kansas is the problem here :D

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Bet if someone like G-Trax or another good 3rd party developer made the BNSF line between Topeka and Kansas City on the other side of the Kansas river it would sell better.

9. barnzi

barnzi New Member

Well as this is my local route, I am slightly disappointed by this.

As other members has stated, the lack of super-elevation especially between Dalgety Bay and Kirkcaldy.
    Forth Bridges (Rail, Road and QFC) are modeled rather poorly, just looks cheap and thin.
    Jamestown Viaduct at Ferrytoll is wrong. Ferrytoll P&R is a waiting room in real life not a petrol station....
    Bridge above Hope Street at Inverkiething is wrong
    Lack of floral display at Aberdour
    Gap Between the platform at Burntisland is a joke!
    Raith Rovers stadium is missing at Kirkcaldy
    Lack of 3D buildings around Edinburgh Waverley... I know you want to keep FPS low but using what looks like BVE tech is a bit low....
    Plus the lack of custom assets around... rush job in my eyes, could have been better with proper research!

• Like Like x 1
  10. 805 BENBOW

805 BENBOW Member

A comment in an email from DTG Support. No wonder i hold fire on purchasing now.

Due to all the various combinations between your owned locos and routes these are not tested.

11. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

How are they supposed to test every combination of loco and stock
    Like "Does a SD40-2 with German Freight Wagons work on the South London Network?"

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  12. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

My response was referring to each possible combination within Quick Drive.

With hundreds if not thousands of possible combinations, we cannot test them all.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 805 BENBOW

805 BENBOW Member

I am relating to individual DLC prior to release. I see on the Fife Route on youtube the people on the platform are ghosting onto the track.

14. 805 BENBOW

805 BENBOW Member

I am referring to the route they come with.

15. Brickrail782

Brickrail782 Active Member

I'm planning on doing that one in the somewhat distant future, along with the mainline between KC and Emporia.

16. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

They do test the stock on the routes they come with - what makes you think they don't?

And you are talking about people ghosting on to the track - nothing to do with the type of train

17. IronBladder

IronBladder Well-Known Member

Because of broken scenarios, because of scenarios that are impossible to complete or get a score above zero. Because of locos with bad physics or missing particles. Because of hideous fps drops that sometimes get sorted out after release. Because of manuals that don't contain essential information. Because of passengers floating above or entombed in platforms etc, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  18. 805 BENBOW

805 BENBOW Member

So if it was a retail store you take it back !

19. IronBladder

IronBladder Well-Known Member

Indeed I do, but I shouldn't be wasting my time buying something, doing DTG's QC, failing it and rejecting it back to Steam for a refund.

It's all very disappointing and bad for their business as I am now wary of buying stuff from DTG.

• Like Like x 1
  20. frank351981

frank351981 Active Member

I think since TS2020 update and the new DTG route Nuremberg - Regensburg the guys who layed the track and the superelevation should first check their tracks after the build. Again the superelevation is in some places not activated over the complete curve. Shortly before curve ending the superelevation stops suddenly. The result: "broken" (don´t know how to call it correctly) tracks - if you look at them you have to notice that there was something not correct. And you feel it by driving over it.
    At other curves a junction / switch is following. Curve transitions are missing, and what have they done: activated the superelevation. Same result - broken track - bad driving over these spot. In earlier routes before TS2020 they made it (relatively) good. But now - simple failure in track building, which I can not understand. Has this build by new guys?
    By the way - the superelevation is not very strong, its very weak - but I can accept this, because at most sections the driving feels ok. Except 2-3 places where the curves seems a little to small or the track speed to high.
    The route has some really nice parts, at the other hand there are things where I have to think - they can be better.

If interested: at alanthomsonsim I have uploaded a little "Miniupgrade" until DTG makes perhaps an update with some corrections (....when the german BER will be finished?....)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  21. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Quality not Quantity DTG....