PlayStation Junction Switching Via Map

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Railmaster, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I'm new to TSW2020 on PS4 and maybe I have a problem or missunderstandig because junction switching via the 2D-map.

It would be a nice thing, to switch junctions via the map, instead by camera or leave the train. But any time (in any scenario), the switching doesnt seem to work! Means, when I switch the Button, theres no visibility that the junction has switched or the color of the railway has changed. So I have to guess that the switching is working. Sometimes the junction had switched, sometimes not. Is there any possibility to detect, that switching was correctly? Or what is my mistake?

My route is blue-green colored, but the rail between the junctions stays black-colored and even the button dont change its icon. How does it work right?

Because of this issue, I drive the train slowly by the outview-camera and switch the junctions from this position. This is really laborious.

My current scenario is NEC Trash Collector.

Hope to get some hints about these issue!

Thanx very much and have a nice day :)

2. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Havent really played nec but u can changed the points in the map, click on the blue circle ( looks like a play button)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

You can switch points on the map - just zoom in and click on the blue junction marker, then you'll see the direction change on the dark band of track that runs through it. Sometimes it's hard to select the one you want if two are close together, but zooming right in usually makes it easier.

Be aware that sometimes, if another train has a route through the area you're working in, the switches may be marked grey so you can't change them from the map until that other train has cleared the route - this happens in one of the NEC freight services.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

If you access the map via the PAUSE screen, note that the game is PAUSED and thus you can't change points.

Press and hold the touch pad on PS4 to get the map up WITHOUT pausing the game, and those junctions indicated by a blue circle can be switched - you'll notice the black marker indicating the route it takes, and how it highlights as you over the pointer over it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bkulesza

Bkulesza Member

I remember there was a freight service or two on NEC where you cannot switch the junction (greyed out) because there is a loco a mile or two out from the yard that you need to wait for. There is no indication of this, just happened to notice a loco moving on the map towards my position in the yard. Wait about 5 minutes and the line clears once said loco arrives.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the first time I did that one I manually got out and changed those points over, and ended up with the train nailing it into the siding I was in and derailing my train. Best to wait!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

:D
    Yeah- thats it! This should be described in the manual.
    Days ago I red that the touch pad shows the map too, but I didnt thought about the pause-mode! And I was wondering, that this touch-pad has any function at all... *crazy I dont play often with the PS4, I was just a PC-Gamer, but because of Linux, I want to play more on the PS instead. But the old MSTS works really fine with Linux. Unfortunately is Mouse/Keyboard support not fully in function for TSW. Its a crazy thing, to drive a train with a controller... ;)

Thank you all so much, this will helps a lot! And sorry for my english, I'm living near the Rhein-Ruhr-Route, but with a faible for british Rails. :cool:

• Like Like x 1