Bay Area Breakdown Bugged

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Dave Mel, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

on doing the scenario bay are breakdown the scenario tells us to shut the cab down on returning back to SF sidings. i follow instructions to put power to idle and reverser to neutral and auto brakes to full service. i do that and then its bugged cos i cant carry on shutting down.

also the 2 training for the baby bullet is not registering as completed and the 2 scenarios i have completed are also not registering as completed

• Like Like x 1
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I was actually considering breaking the habit of a lifetime and actually paying full price for this. Might wait for the sale after all!

Are the training elements showing as complete in the training list, but the counter on the route screen not including them? If so, that's what happens on a few of the routes (I mentioned this recently for WSR and Rapid Transit) - like the extra DLC ruins its ability to count.

3. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Hang on..... Are you saying that a scenario called Bay Area Breakdown has, um.... Broken Down....?

Really? Seriously...?

LOL - just joking... Did you get the "Left In The Dark" trophy for the "Bay Area Breakdown" scenario....? (because wow.....you really could not make this up....)

Oooh, by the way, if you are buying the OSD route, I'd avoid getting your hopes up for the "OSD: Building Success" trophy, because that one is for completing a scenario called "Break It Down"....

More seriously - I think the core software has sort of imploded, across the board. Give it a few days for DTG to sort out - the whole thing has disintegrated...

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  4. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

This update has definitely not been their finest hour. I hope the boss is making everyone work late to get it fixed! :D

5. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Dave. What were we discussing on PSN not 24-36hrs ago? Told you the brake system on the new loco is not reason enough for you to pull the trigger yet

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's bugged. You need to put the brake into "Handle Off" at one point but it doesn't tell you to.

Also, going through Journey Mode in order, this Chapter 1 Scenario has you driving the cab car BEFORE you get to the tutorial for it in Chapter 2. Madness.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dave Mel

i did the tutorials and they did not register also i did the first 2 scenarios and did not register. i did the 3 scenario and could not finish it because the instructions given are wrong to finish it therefore i did not get the trophy

8. Otto

Otto New Member

Stujoy,
    Thanks a lot. When I put the break in the position you stated I was able to shut down. But I can't find the office.
    When I'm told to disembark and go to the office when I get to 0 yards I'm standing in front of the train. You have to wonder if they ever really test anything. It seems like every release they make is just full of bugs.

9. Dave Mel

that office is across the tracks and not infront of the train. there are 3 markers to follow. the last marker is by a road

10. Otto

Otto New Member

OK, got it . Thanks again

11. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

Hey guys, old theme here but maybe you can help me. I tried this scenario today and everything was fine as far as Milbrae.
    I did everything the game told me to do but I didn‘t get the cab car moving. I‘ve already noted that there is a missing step which tells to put the „brake cut“ (don‘t know the English word, in german it‘s „Absperrventil“) to position „in“, but it didn‘t have an effect, train did not start. Any other ideas?