Fishing Sim World Winter Update Out Now

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DTG_Stephen, Jan 29, 2020.

1. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

The Winter Update is available now for Fishing Sim World: Pro Tour. This is a small update containing some minor bug fixes. Those experiencing problems with loading Lake Miller in the Pro Career Mode should now be able to access it. We’ve also made some changes to Catfish populations and their interests in different lures for Lago del mundo.

Full update notes:
    • Fixed an issue with loading Lake Miller at night – this was affecting the Badger State Championship in Career Mode
    • Added more wels catfish to the population of Lago del mundo
    • Increased bite rate of catfish in Lago del mundo
    • Updated data to allow catfish to take large buzzbaits, large spinner baits and large diving crankbaits Updated catfish sim behaviour to stop them only swimming in the deepest water depth
    • Online tournaments now show remaining entries and fees correctly
    • Minor bug fixes

• Like Like x 3
  2. facadedavid

facadedavid New Member

Very good

• Like Like x 1
  3. wolfie916

wolfie916 Active Member

I wish you could be more specific, what minor bug fixes

• Like Like x 2
  4. Pdiggy75

Pdiggy75 Member

DTG - does this fix include the ability to actually catch all named boss fish in the game?

• Like Like x 1
  5. jamiedale2cool

jamiedale2cool New Member

Why do i have to download the whole size of the game for just a few updates for lakes i don't own sum people have slower internet and download caps now aint gonna be able to play again until February so thanks alot for that it seems stupid to me and i am none to happy about it

• Like Like x 1
  6. Moodyjack1973

Moodyjack1973 New Member

Mastery is broken since this update !!! Any chance of fixing it ASAP please??

• Like Like x 1
  7. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Changes to text, localisation and backend changes.
    Which platform are you playing on?

• Like Like x 1
  8. wolfie916

wolfie916 Active Member

Xbox one s. I would appreciate the team looking into the barbel problem at Waldsee at night

• Like Like x 1
  9. sam.watson14

sam.watson14 Member

Same for me on xbox and on the website it won’t load to check

10. jspoon322

jspoon322 Member

Won't load on PS4 either. Hasn't counted fish since end of December for me but since this update I can sign in but it fails to load mastery page.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Moodyjack1973

Moodyjack1973 New Member

Xbox one s

• Like Like x 1
  12. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Is the Mastery still failing to load for you all now?

• Like Like x 1
  13. wolfie916

wolfie916 Active Member

Still trying for the elusive night time barbel. I am at a loss

• Like Like x 1
  14. jspoon322

jspoon322 Member

It loads but, in my case, it's still not registering any catches. Not since the festive challenges were completed.

• Like Like x 1
  15. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Okay, that's good to know. The catches not registering is a separate problem that the Dovetail Live team are continuing to investigate.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pdiggy75

Pdiggy75 Member

DTG - Does this investigation include addressing the lack of fish available on most Non-American lakes? Does it include investigating whether all target boss fish are actually available to be caught?

You have been informed by many different posters of these issues as well as the continuous issues with Mastery, yet you seem to ignore the feedback. If you don't (or can't) fix these issues can you advise me how to claim a full refund for the game and various add-ons I have purchased please? I assume a refund is possible if the game is broken and I'm unable to achieve what the game suggests is achievable.

Thank you and I await your comments

• Like Like x 1
  17. mbar8t6

mbar8t6 Member

Wtf is with this game and downloading updates, went to play it yesterday And it had was already on 2gb downloaded of an update, had to leave it on overnight cuz I live in a village with no fibre broadband. It’s only an older update! It’s finished then started another 30gb download! Why the hell does it still need to download the whole game seriously! It’s an absolute joke you can’t implement an update like a normal game

• Like Like x 2
  18. Larry young

Larry young New Member

I'm on xbox1 and dovetail doesn't load and no fish are being recorded and I'm on my 3rd season in pro tour and Waldee and now cant remember name but its channels and over sea cant catch a fish at all and catfishing has been a total disappointment so far but carp seems to be easy bass is too I really like the details of this game but getting frustrated with the issues above

19. wolfie916

wolfie916 Active Member

Hi Larry, I have been playing/fishing since last August and the problems seem to be growing not diminishing, so I've lost interest. Might come back in a few months and see if has improved, What a shame. good luck and tight lines

• Like Like x 1
  20. Larry young

Larry young New Member

21. Larry young

Larry young New Member

Thanks for the feed back.Its a really good game sad to hear ain't fixing the problem is there any other fishing games you recommend

22. wolfie916

wolfie916 Active Member

I Tried Fishing planet and I didn't enjoy it, but that's a individual choice. Personally I would stick with FSW for a month or two and see how you get on. Tight lines

23. denis_cma

denis_cma New Member

Baden Wurttemberg Open - Waldsee Amateur Predator Tour ... broken , I passed many hours trying anything, but impossible to catch a Predator, I can see Pike rushing my bait and not taking a bite ... I think the bait system is broken, maybe you forget to keep to the list of basic lures when you added new lures... so the fish do not recognised the bait and don't bite ... so I did the challenge with 0 catchs , whent from the 1st place to the 33th ... my fun is over, won't play anymore (sad was expecting adding the Monster expansion of Thailande)...

Xbox Gamepass PC

24. frailkrazykev

frailkrazykev Active Member

Denis_cma this is known issue that they can't be assed looking into properly being going on for ages since career update see my posts and a few others from players like you.

25. Larry young

Larry young New Member

26. Larry young

Larry young New Member

I just got passed waldee this morning I used don't remember exactly the name but a silver lure in a category on there own and not cheap but work and the plastic shad singal hook on bottom and swims worked well for me placed 1st hope that helps you

27. denis_cma

denis_cma New Member

Ok i Got a Pike (11lbs) at the right side of the map with a D bomb California Love, I will try all my lures to see what I can catch....

28. denis_cma

denis_cma New Member

..and a smile Pike (7lbs) with a Diving Crankbait - Rainbow Special (still at the right side of the map on the large deck) ...and a second with the same baith (16lbs) ... I try to stay in the middle dept wile I set speed 1 and 2

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  29. Larry young

Larry young New Member

The lake forK special is what I used and toot fruity plastic lure the fork run at a number 2 around 18 speed give or take and the plastic I run it to the bottom and very slow with a few jerks and go from 1 to 2 for just enough to get line tight again

30. agesofsail1

agesofsail1 New Member

Thanks for info.