PC Few Questions

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by rat7_mobile, Feb 23, 2020.

1. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

1) how to get rid of the video when the game is load

2) why is there this POPUP all the time: DO YOU WHICH To GIVE UP CONROL, and how to get rid of it

The last one is extremely anooying when trying ti accomplish the side objectives as it remove the control and then the journeys as to be startd all over again from the start

2. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Agree on #2. It should be an option in the pause menu instead.

3. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

It is not possible and they are continuing to add more things to skip before using the actual game.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trim

Trim Active Member

Quite onestly, I don't find this a problem, to the extent I thought "What video? I never see a video"
    Since you need to click through the don't play with real trains warning anyway, it is a simple matter to click through everything else at startup. You can press any key, and I think just three clicks are all that's needed to get through everything and into the game.

It is relatvely rare that I see the "Do you wish to give up control" message, unless I am doing something particularly silly, such as releasing the air brakes on all the newspaper vans in NTP/Heavy Freight so I can drive it in vacuum brake mode. I occasionally get it when manually changing points/switches in a yard, walking up to them rather than clicking on the map, but rarely more than once. I also used to get it when prepping the opposite end of the locomotive/train, but I got so fed up with not being given enough preparation time, I usually now spawn in on foot before departure time, just to do the necessary preparation (I usually play in service timetable mode).

What do you mean by "Side objectives"? I don't think I've noticed any on the routes and scenarios I've played.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

The “give up control” happens after 2 minutes.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

The video is right after the DOVETAIL logo, and before the warning about real train

The side objective is there for every route, you must do things like map, poster, newspaper, fire extinguisher, fence, log clearing, etc....

7. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

You do have to do those if you don’t want too.

8. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

You can just say no, then you stay in control of the train.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Trim

Trim Active Member

I never see a Dovetail logo. I see a small full colour splashscreen with Train Sim World 2020, followed by a black full screen with TSW in big white letters in the middle of it. After a second or two the TSW thing gets a little bigger and at that point I press a key three or four times to get into the game. One of the things I click through is the playing with real trains warning; I have no idea what else there is, because they all just vanish.
    What, you interrrupt driving a train to do these? Do all routes not allow you to spawn in on foot?

10. ghall59

ghall59 Active Member

When the video starts just hit the space bar.