PC Can I See Electricity/fuel Use Data?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by taelim, Feb 26, 2020.

1. taelim

taelim New Member

I'm very new to TSW. I'm wondering if I can also see data on electricity or fuel use over time either at the end of the game or during the game play? The only info I see is the speed profile... Thanks

• Like Like x 3
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Nope. I don't think that's actually simulated - the only refuelling you need to do is part of the scenarios, and even then, you'll never actually run out if you just drive off.

3. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

You can run out of fuel. You just never drive a loco long enough to use it all.

• Like Like x 1
  4. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

The Class 66 has a digital display above the front wind-screen, and you can read off the fuel level there - on the computer. Possibly the rate of consumption as well (I am not sure about this second point though).

Also - I think I once saw someone mention that maybe the Class 08 has a working fuel gauge on the outside of the shunter - but again - I am not completely sure.

Fuel consumption, and the management of fuel (or energy), would be an extremely useful gameplay feature, for advanced scenarios, especially for freight - something to appear in the future I hope.

5. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

This is all missing, what i miss is the F6 feature from TS2020 to see where other AI trains are going

6. taelim

taelim New Member

Well, I hope they include this feature in the future. Thank you for all your response!

7. doc_woods

doc_woods Active Member

I'd be interested to know how long you have to drive it around to manage to run out of fuel? And has anyone actually driven long enough to see this happens? Presumably it should be possible (if dull) on some of the yard-base free-roam scenarios.

8. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Locomotives are very fuel efficient too, so even in real life, it takes a while.

9. Traxx

Traxx New Member

While we're on the topic of fuel I had a question:
    I found fuel gauges for all locos in Transpennine except for the Class 45 and Class 101. Do they have any gauge at all or was the fuel measured by a rod or something?

To OP: You could read the gauges at the beginning and end of a drive and look up the fuel capacity online to get a approximate of how much you spent

10. DominusEdwardius

DominusEdwardius Well-Known Member

For the Class 45 the fuel tank is inside the engine room which is of course inaccessible, I think the 101 is a gauge glass somewhere although I'm not entirely sure where although I don't think it is modelled. Fuel capacity on the big British diesels is generally in the region of like 7-8 or so hours working at full power, so basically more than enough to last an entire day in service. Although there are some exceptions like the Class 37/5 which has enormous fuel tanks which would probably last it several days of continuous use. Class 08 mind you is an exception having truly enormous fuel tanks (as large or larger than some of the mainline locos!) and a relative low power engine so has nearly enough fuel to do a weeks worth of shunting!

• Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

It would be a nice feature to have fuel usage as part of the end summary.

• Like Like x 3