Tsw: A Multi-purpose Marvel

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-Dmitri, Mar 3, 2020.

1. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

MA_01.jpg

Get ready to climb aboard for challenging switching, maintenance-of-way, and train rescue operations with the upcoming Train Sim World Caltrain Electro-Motive MP15DC diesel locomotive for the TSW Peninsula Corridor: San Francisco – San Jose route!

READ MORE

• Like Like x 17
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Awesome light engine!
    Seems like DTG team collect all possible CALTRAIN resource materials during their visit!

Just little correction: "is coming to Train Simulator" should be repaced with Train Sim World

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  3. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

This looks fantastic. In a break from tradition, I will wait until reviews come out before purchasing. The pre-order discount is insignificant anyway.

I sure hope it's a good as the Baby Bullet. So far the Peninsula route and its resulting DLC have been fantastic.

• Like Like x 6
  4. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Oooh - this loco looks quite interesting..... I have a couple of quick questions, assuming that this will be sold on PS4:

1. Has anyone tested to see if this loco will actually work on PS4 (unlike the DB BR 155, which doesn't work on RSN on PS4)?
    2. Are you going to link the DLC to the PS4 game page for TSW?

• Like Like x 3
  5. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

It should be a free Dlc because we already paid the Baby Bullet DLC for couple Weeks ago, and NEC New York had also Switching and Metroliner Cab Car in One Dlc

• Like Like x 14
  6. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

The first thing I thought, It's why they didn't packed with the mp36? We got heavy freight pack for NTP, 2 locomotives for the usual loco dlc price.
    I was holding for a discount on the mp36 and now I will hold even more for a possible discount pack both with the mp36 and the mp15.

• Like Like x 11
  7. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

The later OSD DLC is properly linked (so hopefully won't make that mistake again) and they have requested the correct association for the Bullet with the PSN folks, but can't fix it themselves.

• Like Like x 1
  8. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

I think that you are right, but it's on a "demand-yield curve" thingy. So.... "more expensive and fewer buyers" trumps "less expensive and more buyers". If one super-rich-mega-fan was prepared to pay $5 million for a single DLC, and that was a more profitable approach, then they would simply charge $5 million for the DLC. They are a business, and the managers do have sports cars and lavish holidays to pay for.

I will, almost certainly... buy this Californian shunter, if anyone can confirm that it will work on PS4. It would round off my collection... everything up to TVL. But it would probably end there (with my wallet about £250 lighter...), because apart from anything else, I have some work to do for the rest of the year (sort of).

Anyway - I think the best candidate for issuing a free DLC would be to issue some Oakville-specific content, to make up for the carnage that was caused when that released. A free Oakville DLC would be a really good gesture to DTG's TSW fan-base.

• Like Like x 5
  9. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I certainly was not expecting another Locomotive for Peninsula corridor so soon but I’m glad they are expanding on the routes already in the game. I am very looking forward to this loco!

• Like Like x 7
  10. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Looks interesting and good to see another loco for Peninsula Corridor but it’s not for me. I’m almost certain GWE & LIRR will never get a dlc..

• Like Like x 3
  11. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

I really hope this one has more than a handful of services, which seems to be the shortfall of these shunter DLCs

• Like Like x 5
  12. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one! It seems like Caltrain really let DTG get their hands dirty with their equipment and that's awesome. I've seen first hand the quality of the MP36 and have very high hopes that the standard of this locomotive will be on par with it. I love the livery too! Quite a handsome little locomotive.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

"Handling special duties for commuter carrier Caltrain can be a 24/7 job"

Can be...but will it be?
    Once again, some raw numbers would go a long way.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Yup.

Yup.

Aaaand yes

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bill Brassky

Bill Brassky New Member

I cannot support more dlc while DTG continues ignoring it's base on bringing support for the RAILDRIVER.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Awww yeah!!!! This will make Peninsula Corridor the most complete route in TSW. I am definitely looking forward to this.

• Like Like x 9
  17. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

There are only 2 units that Caltrain employs, 503 and 504. I am hoping that this DLC isn't priced normally, as I can't really picture two shunting locomotives providing a lot of service mode opportunities given the nature of the locomotives. I am still looking forward to the DLC, but am hoping like the Amtrak switcher that there is more content involved. Perhaps more UP freight, considering UP has 102 of these in their fleet?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  18. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

I am not fully convinced yet.
    I really like the caltrain route although I originally prefer european railroading.
    But the peninsular corridor route has nearly everything you need - slow and fast services, a reasonable length, some freight action and now probably even shunting - sounds good. :)
    (Whats missing is quite a bit of water on consoles though but I still have some hope for a bit of rain left ;))

But as this looks quite similar to the sw1000 loco to me and due to the fact that the (magnificent) MP36 was only released some weeks ago I do hope it's not regularly priced.
    If some form of discount for owners of the MP36 would be possible, I would be grateful and consider buying it to make this route complete.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

I have a feeling it's still going to be priced at the equivalent of 14€, same as every other loco. Every locomotive DLC is priced like this regardless of whether id adds something more (wagons, control units) or not.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

Why should it be free? Because you don't feel like paying the cost? Why? There's no reason for it to be free. Cheaper, possibly, but not free.

• Like Like x 8
  21. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

I agree with you on that. In my opinion there's lots of potential here - just look at the season passes of many other games. This may be not a good idea for the routes since they likely get part of TSW 2021 but some kind of season pass / loco bundle with an included discount could do quite well... ;)

But we'll see. Maybe we get proved wrong anyway. :D

• Like Like x 1
  22. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Common Dovetail. Do something for LIRR. Like the M3. It isnt fair that all the other American routes r getting love but not this route.

• Like Like x 10
  23. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

I like that dlc. And it's good to see, that the switcher will not work at one area of the route only. For me the most important thing is, that we will get additional freight action to PC. I hope so much, that there will be a german shunter after the release of 2 British shunters and 2 American switchers.

• Like Like x 5
  24. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I would definitely like to see the M3 locomotive hopefully it’s the locomotive Dlc for SteamDb 24 or 25. But I’ll definitely be surprised.

• Like Like x 1
  25. docsnyder1911

Additional freight action for LIRR and NEC would be nice too

• Like Like x 3
  26. mrchuck

lirr has some MP15 Diesel locomotives that are used sometime for Maintenance work.

• Like Like x 3
  27. docsnyder1911

I saw a picture of an GP38-2 from an other railroad operator at LIRR in this forum too. The livery of the loco was green.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Factor41

I think it would be a great move on DTG's part to bundle it in with the Baby Bullet - that's a fairly new piece of DLC so won't be discounted in any sales for a while, and having two locos for the price of one will encourage not only more people to buy the Bullet loco DLC, but would also boost sales of Peninsula Corridor which, as someone noted above, is rapidly becoming one of the most complete routes in TSW and is probably one that many users have not yet bought. Also a really nice bonus "thank you" to the people who got in early with both the route and the Baby Bullet DLCs.

I mean, obviously they won't do that, but it's nice to imagine a world where they might.

• Like Like x 7
  29. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

That would have been a nice idea if they could have released it with the Baby Bullet as a bundle but it may be a little late now as there those of us who already purchased the Baby Bullet add on.

• Like Like x 1
  30. niveous

niveous Member

I'll also have to hold off on this one until the sounds are fixed in the MP36PH cab, where making a brake pipe reduction actually makes the sound of exhausting air. Really makes that beautiful locomotive unenjoyable.

• Like Like x 1
  31. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Dang, DTG. I knew you loved to sell dlc but I didn’t expect this much! 3 DLC so far, all American, for 2020, not even a month apart from each other. What’s next, a UP loco add on for PC? That would be great lol:)

• Like Like x 2
  32. docsnyder1911

What do you think about an UP SD70 or Evo.

• Like Like x 1
  33. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Switching! Switching!! Switching!!! I'll willingly second the call for a German switcher, but this is a definite move in the right direction. And it comes just as I'm trying to ration the scenarios and sessions available in the recent Canadian DLC. Thank you, DTG!

P.s.: where are the speculators finding their price theories -- of course, in the usual place, which I won't name.

• Like Like x 3
  34. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Heck yes!:)

35. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

They don't care bout the LIRR.. me personally i wish that DLC wasnt made cuz I'm jus as frustrated as you..we been asking at least for the loco of the DE30AC and still need Hunterspoint Av and Long Island City stations used in timetables..that damn DLC came out in Nov 2018....many months later the release of PC route and already they get TWO MORE loco DLCs.....meanwhile we still stuck with jus a M7 smfh...like I said DTG officially abandoned LIRR and GWE as well..

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  36. mrchuck

I would definitely like to see the M3 Locomotive or the Dual mode diesel locomotive on TSW someday in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  37. Easy301

Easy301 Active Member

I'm happy this is coming to TSW.

It would be interesting to see where the Peninsula Corridor ranks among popularity with the other routes. Of course having such fantastic access to the Caltrain license and their equipment has surely helped facilitate such a quick DLC turnaround time for this route but I also wonder if it happens to be one of the more popular routes in the game.

• Like Like x 2
  38. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

It looks like it will be a great loco. However, is it just going to take over the services the GP38-2 does or will there be new services created for it?

• Like Like x 1
  39. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

In TSW it’s probably under 10 Time schedules only

• Like Like x 2
  40. Matto140

I'm curious, if they can implement interior and openable gates of CEMOF to move equipment here for maintenance.
    Release date hasn't been announced , but I suppose 12. march.
    Caltrain Bundle can be interesting .

• Like Like x 1
  41. steadfast

steadfast Member

Is that ballast wagon new and accurate or just a generic hopper that comes with the route and wouldn't be used on maintenance work?
    The only wagon I could see online in photos of the real things were bogie boxes loaded with spoil

• Like Like x 2
  42. Factor41

Looks like the normal one from the route that you do the UP services with.

• Like Like x 2
  43. Vader

Vader Active Member

Good:|
    But it seems that Dovetail has forgotten Germany......:(
    (Oh come on we all need German Route:mad:)

• Like Like x 2
  44. Matto140

I like German DLC's, but I would prefer more locos and rolling stock than new route.
    Caltrain route DLC support is now very great.

• Like Like x 2
  45. Anthony Pecoraro

New services.

• Like Like x 1
  46. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

What kind of services can we expect with the MP15? I know it will have some switching and stock moving, but does this locomotive run any freight down the main line? Will we be able to access some of the many industrial sidings? I’m hoping we get a couple scenarios where we will have to rescue a broken down passenger train and I hope we also get a scenario where we have to run a passenger service with it. I’m very excited for this to be added!!!

• Like Like x 1
  47. Anthony Pecoraro

There will be some MOW services.
    C9966467-A688-4311-BCCE-9BBEB0E8ED7E.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  48. Boda09

Boda09 Member

Never gona give 14,99 euros for that. Maximum is 14,99 for that and the baby bullet.

• Like Like x 3
  49. A_normal_name

A_normal_name Member

It's a cool bit of dlc but probably means we wont get any other dlc for a bit. Would have definitely preferred a new route instead (or a different loco for a different route)

• Like Like x 2
  50. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

A whole ten wagons, boy are we lucky.

• Like Like x 2