Missing Journey Mode

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kim1087, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

All the older routes have had journeys added except Rapid Transit and NEC, will they get Journey mode added to them in the near future?

2. esteeleiv

esteeleiv New Member

Not to knock you or anything but personally I don't really like Journey mode the way it is now. It doesn't recognise you completing the routes in timetable mode, doesn't let you hop from service to service while staying in the game world and drops you in the service with little time to set up the train properly. I can't compete 217 in Peninsula Corridor because of how 211 spawns in the game thanks to Journey mode, but spawning in walking works, so can't complete the bike car (whatever its called) journey. I don't even like how it just starts you off in the train, no getting on board from the platform. I personally wouldn't miss it, other than that it changes the weather from time to time.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I like the idea of it, giving you a mix of services in a mix of conditions, that you might not select from timetable mode, but like you say (and as with most things in TSW) the implementation is severely flawed. Having trophies for Completing X services, then not having those services count if you start them from Journey mode is just crap.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Trim

Trim Active Member

I rather like Journey mode since it sets the time of year, the weather and traction for you, as well as providing an answer to "What shall I do next?" without really having to thing about it. It also provides a nice introduction into a route. However, I think I'd prefer it if it wasn't so rigidly divided up into chapters, but that, after gradually introducing you to all the motive power on a route, you then got a mixture.

This is only for "Scenario" journeys in Journey mode, isn't it? I thought you could return to free roam from ordinary timetabled trains, even when you began them in Journey mode
    This is a complaint I have with joining trains in Timetable mode as well, which is why I usually spawn in on foot. I would love it if all spawns to specific trains gave you suitable prep time.
    I don't bother much with trophies (apart from using a prior score to let me know whether or not I have driven a service - or sometimes suggesting I should drive it again because I must have made a mess of it the first time, but I had not noticed any difference between joining a train via Journey mode and joining the same train via Timetable or Scenario mode. Scenario trains are inflexible; you can only spawn in to them in the manner that is programmed. Since I don't play Peninsula Corridor, I don't know this particular issue.

5. some1

some1 New Member

Another patch is coming today, still no word on journey mode for the last two routes :(
    Also a journey mode for NTP freight DLC is missing.