Amtrak

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bstmichael, Mar 6, 2020.

1. bstmichael

bstmichael New Member

Would anyone know if the are complete city to city Amtrak routes? i.e Chicago to Minneapolis or any other complete route.
    Thank you,
    Baran

2. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Eh, unfortunately not that large - possibly Philly to NY aka North east corridor in the game, old but decent

3. Average_Joe57

Average_Joe57 Active Member

Pacific Surfliner (Southern Portion): Los Angeles to San Diego; 128 miles.

4. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

The Empire Builders route is technically broken up in 4 sections. The Racetrack, Montana Hi Line, Maria's Pass, and Stevens Pass. But isnt complete, and missing the western terminus (Seattle and Portland).

• Like Like x 1
  5. bstmichael

bstmichael New Member

Thank you for your reply..... I will check that out.

6. bstmichael

bstmichael New Member

Thank you for your reply,
    Would you know if there are any plans on adding the Seattle and portland?

7. bstmichael

bstmichael New Member

Thank you for your reply.

I am new to this digital hobby.... but have enjoyed traveling to train museums around the country for years.
    When taking leave in the service... I would take the Santa Fe Super Chief from Kansas City to Chicago, I see that there is is a great deal of focus on the UK routes and not so much on the North American. I am sure that is due to the origins of this company being in the UK. I hoping that someone within Dovetail game development will take a stronger look at pass and current passenger train routes of North America. I am certain that there are many train enthusiasts that would pay good money for complete routes.

8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

When you have a big route you need a lot of custom assets - the bridges, building, railway structures etc.
    The making of these is what takes time in building a route and because of restrictions in the game routes are rarely more than a 60 miles or so if they include built up areas
    You can run through a desert or a mountain range and if there is not many unique buildings then the route can go a long way.
    Running down the North East Corridor and the buildings are unique to the locations you pass thru.
    The more of these assets you have the more it eats in to the memory and causes stutters.

This might help with what is available for Train Simulator 2020
    http://umap.openstreetmap.fr/en/map/train-simulator-2020_252726#5/42.326/-99.360

Peter