Baseless Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by raildan, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 5
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  3. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I like it- the route definitely needed a switcher. I like the idea of MOW operations- hopefully this bodes well for a similar addition to LIRR!

• Like Like x 5
  4. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

GWE and LIRR feel seriously neglected

• Like Like x 11
  5. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Lirr really needs a Locomotive like the M3 Locomotive on the game For the Lirr in the future I hope it’s the next Dlc that will be available sometime in the future.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Stephen J. Hjellum

Stephen J. Hjellum New Member

PC would be fully well fleshed out with a GP9 or two. Those units have always been a favorite of mine. Shouldn't be too much of a stretch to revise the GP9 in OSD by raising the nose a tad and other tweaks to finish the roster.

• Like Like x 2
  7. animalkosmik

animalkosmik Well-Known Member

was in steam:)
    Untitled-1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Duisburg to Bochum? 3 miles?

• Like Like x 1
  9. ragn05

ragn05 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  10. Maxxxxx

Maxxxxx Well-Known Member

Images like this can be faked easily, why should we trust you?

• Like Like x 2
  11. animalkosmik

animalkosmik Well-Known Member

it makes no difference to me whether you believe me or not, understand?;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

I gave it a rough measurement and it's about 22 miles for a straight run between the stations at Duisburg and Bochum so it's (unfortunately) within their ideal route length at the moment. This doesn't account for the industrial yards and tracks I see around the area which who knows how much they would include of that as playable (cough, cough OSD). It looks like ICE trains operate here but I feel like the route wouldn't be long enough to include them. Anyone have any idea what kinds of stock normally operates here?

Whether you believe it or not, we can baselessly speculate in the spirit of the thread :)

• Like Like x 3
  13. Maxxxxx

Well the 422s drive there, some Filrt 3s and 146s of course and some others (Keep in mind may not be up to date considering the videos quite old)

Also, this may be a baseless speculation thread but this doesnt give him the right to just fake things and pretend that they're real. This is not some kind of "Fake images for routes you'd like to see" thread, these posts can go into the content suggestion thread and not here.

• Like Like x 1
  14. doc_woods

doc_woods Active Member

There does look to have been an update for "TSW DLC 23" about 3 hours ago (https://steamdb.info/app/1113822/history/) - it's not completely implausible that something was accidentally made public there briefly and that this is real.

• Like Like x 1
  15. PlatChap

To be entirely fair here, no one can prove one way or the other whether what he posted was fabricated or is legit. Also he just posted the cropped image and said it was supposedly posted on steam and didn't make any sort of claims as to the legitimacy of it or make any remarks for his desire for the route in this this thread. I'm not in a position atm to fact check this or not. Maybe he could post the full uncropped image?

If this is legit, I'd love to see what the new rolling stock would be. I would imagine we'd get plenty of recycled rolling stock which would be mostly fine imo as long as there is new stuff to add plenty of variety to the route. I'm not sure how much of this is would not be electrified but it seems like a good way to bring in a German diesel shunter.

• Like Like x 1
  16. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

It seems rather unfair to start accusing someone of faking something without any proof either way. I don't know why someone would make it up, although of course someone might!

I imagine the next route is likely to be German and if this route uses stock already in the sim then it is certainly not beyond possibility and it does seem the typical current length of a TSW route.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Factor41

Ok, let's look at the map...

DE2020.jpg
    The full end-to-end route is on the RE11 route, but this only takes 26 mins from Duisburg Hbf to Bochum Hbf, and only stops 4 times, the intermediate stations being MĂ¼lheim Hbf, Haptbahnhof and Wattenscheid. The faster IC service towards Berlin only takes 23 mins, with one intermediate stop at Hauptbahnhof. The slowest option is the S1 from Duisburg Hbf which runs an 11-stop service to Bochum Hbf, though that only takes 35 minutes. There are two route options between Essen and Bochum which is quite reminiscent of the RRO split so maybe freight is directed around the southern loop, south of Freisenbruch?

Like OSD, then, this length of route probably more biased toward freight/switching operations. On the bottom map, the right-hand circle is ThyssenKrupp Steel Europe AG Bochum plant, the left-hand circle is the port at Ruhrort, and the middle circle is a rail-served industrial area with steel manufacturing plants. Could certainly be home to some freight movements of the type that DTG would put into TSW.

Could we be getting the green S1 version of the 422? DTG love a re-skin!

[​IMG]

Edit 1 to add:
    Duisburg apparently has a big new container crane, so could be plenty of intermodal action going on too.

140828_Bahnkran-auf-Containerterminal_logport-III-scaled.jpg

Thinking about it, if DTG added a 35 minute, 11-stop passenger service to OSD, I'd be far more tempted to buy it than I am now, so maybe this would be a goer, particularly if there was the option to do the faster RE11 route on another subbed-in German train.

Edit 2 to add:

If Bochum could be stretched as far as Bochum Langendreer, the S1 route would be 42 minutes and 13 stops. There's also a huge rail yard there which would make a decent drop-off point for freight...

DE2020A.jpg

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 5
  18. PlatChap

I was thinking that same thing Factor as far as a possible split between freight and passenger services. Here is what I wouldn't mind seeing .. the inclusion of ALL yard trackage with a diesel shunter with new freight cars that we can use on other routes; that repaint of the 422 and/or the Flirt3s for the frequent stop services and I'd be fine with say the 146 and the other locomotives we have for the semi-fast services. Don't quote me on the accuracy of these movements lol.

• Like Like x 1
  19. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Looking forward to a new German route but I pray it’ll not be another 20-30 mile route. For God’s sake push the boat out, take your time and produce an epic 40-50 or even 60 mile route where we can really push our loco to the maximum. Shorter routes are fine (but not every time).

• Like Like x 7
  20. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Wow, very different from the last German route, an action-packed route that will challenge our skills as a train driver, bustling, authentic, immersive- *runs out of marketing budget*
    Definitely worth the money!

On a more serious note, I would love to drive a train from Duisburg to Bochum... and then on to Dortmund and back to Duisburg via Gelsenkirchen and Oberhausen.

• Like Like x 3
  21. Factor41

Yeah, Dortmund Central Station would have been the obvious end point for that route which would have given a 36-42 minute ICE run with 3 stops, 47 mins on the 8-stop RE3 and just short of an hour on the S1 with 19 stops. Perfect passenger fodder to back up the steel industry and intermodal freight opportunities in the area and make this a must-have DLC. DTG just loves cutting routes a bit shorter than logic suggests though, so Duisburg to Bochum seems more their MO.

Looks like you're out of luck on length this time if the end-points are genuine. It's definitely time for a new German route though, which I reckon will be with us around April, based on my updated calendar of past releases (assuming the new switcher will be here fairly soon).

TSW-Release-Calendar-2020-03.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  22. PlatChap

Looks like there are some tracks that parallel the Duisburg Zoo with a little bridge that goes over them separating two parts of the Zoo. It doesn't look like those tracks would be drive-able in this but it would be fun to have the Zoo included with animals and everything. Could take the train to Duisburg to catch a dolphin show :D

• Like Like x 2
  23. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

it could be any thing we’ll just have to wait for a clue to come out in April about what dovetail plan’s on releasing.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Factor41

That would be cool but I expect that bit of route won't be useable, with freight all heading east from the port, and passenger routes using the other line round to Duisburg Hbf.

Screenshot 2020-03-04 at 18.50.57.png

Well, yeah but our baseless speculation isn't completely baseless this time. :)

• Like Like x 2
  25. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

This new possible German route seems realistic given the length. Personally, I'll not repeat the RRO mistake again buying this route. DTG should stop this short route nonsense OR give us the ability to fully utilize the given mileage (i.e. release the editor).

• Like Like x 5
  26. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Make Dortmund to DĂ¼sseldorf with S-Bahn, RE, IC and ICE

• Like Like x 2
  27. Factor41

That's about 85km of route distance. Nice as it would be, based on recent output, it seems... unlikely.

• Like Like x 1
  28. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Peninsula Corridor is also 76 Kilometer so it’s possible

• Like Like x 1
  29. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

TSW is overdue an ICE route. Could add a diesel shunter, some different coaches in the dlc. Then reused RSN,MSB,RRO stock. If this new route is to be based around Intermodal operations. Please revise the sounds. Every wagon has a flat wheel and the train sounds like a line of shopping trolleys.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  30. Maxxxxx

It's very likely that DTG will set the next route somewhere near RRO and RSN considering they could use nearly every available german rolling stock (Including BR422 and Talent 2 if repainted) there. So Bochum-Duisburg would make sense as a new route as they'd only have to add 1 train to satisfy the customer and have enough variety.
    Though i hope they dont just create Bochum HBF to Dusiburg HBF and then stop. I'd be okay with it if it was at least built to Bochum Langendreer as Factor41 already pointed out.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  31. Factor41

Would be nice to at the very least get the long-awaited diesel switcher, something to do the freight services with (even if it's an extra livery version on an existing 185) and maybe the green repaint 422 as part of the route DLC package, plus the ability to run other services with the rest of the DB fleet. Knowing DTG, it'll just be the repaints and the chance to pay again for the switcher in a few months...

• Like Like x 3
  32. Maxxxxx

I doubt they'd just do a route without adding a new loco. It might be DTG but they are well aware of the hate they'd get if they did that

• Like Like x 3
  33. Factor41

Maybe. If there are freight services, they'd need to include something for that which would probably take priority over the switcher at launch. I was thinking that most people would have at least one DB freight-capable train to sub in from another route, but I guess some early buyers could have Rapid Transit as their only German route so they'd only have the Talent 2. Some variation from the TRAXX family might be the easiest option there - some minor changes from a 185/182 that they could treat as an entirely new loco.

• Like Like x 1
  34. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

4A2B7A14-D55B-4722-B952-9F85C7850813.jpeg This Train is driving on RE6 and RE11 between Bochum and Duisburg and RE1 has Doppelstockwagen with BR 146 until May

• Like Like x 3
  35. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

That’s sexy AF

• Like Like x 1
  36. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

But it’s not DB Train Because the Lines Runs by Abellio and National Express, and Dovetail has no license for this Company, Thats Why Ruhr Sieg Nord and Rhein Ruhr Osten has only DB Passenger Trains.

• Like Like x 2
  37. Factor41

They could get a license for it though, couldn't they? Same as they could get one for GO on OSD? Or have they already had those specific conversations and been refused? Is it like the early days of Gran Turismo where these brands don't yet understand that building brand interest — and by extension, brand loyalty — can happen anywhere?

• Like Like x 1
  38. Maxxxxx

We dont know for sure if DTG could get a license for abellio, Matt stated that they are trying to get as many as they can. So it's not DTG's fault this time around but rather the fault of the brand that choses to not give out said license.

• Like Like x 1
  39. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

The fact this game is almost 4 years old and it’s still got short routes is a serious let down.

• Like Like x 4
  40. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

If licenses aren't offering up their brands for this game. Then another solution needs to be found?
    DTG- supply the basic unbranded locos and historic routes whilst concentrating on perfecting adding to the base game. Add usb image support to an edit mode inside the game itself, across platforms. Provide as many tools and customising options as possible, let the users and 3rd party creators across all platforms run with the baton. As Ive mentioned before, there are console games that have managed to provide a decent degree of mod support.

• Like Like x 1
  41. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Longer routes aren’t the be all and end all but it would have been nice to have one long route by now. Either they’re working on a really long one or they would much rather bash out a short 20,30 or 40 mile route every couple of months the keep that £££ coming in. If that’s what they’re happy with then we’ll never see them release a longer route until the mystical editor arrives and a 3rd party steps up and does what DTG can’t be arsed to do.

• Like Like x 2
  42. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

It could be that the next route will be a german historic route. Because there was a link in this forum where the developers spoke in an article in a journal about the possibility of that.

I could imagine that there will be a 1970's route from Deutsche Bundesbahn or Deutsche Reichsbahn. Last one would have the advantage that there was a lot of freight action in the former GDR.

• Like Like x 2
  43. Maxxxxx

Damn, you were right. The BR425 was just announced and the Rhein Ruhr Hauptstrecke

• Like Like x 2
  44. Wieczorek

Wieczorek Active Member

BR 425 where announced ?

• Like Like x 1
  45. Factor41

Where?

• Like Like x 1
  46. Maxxxxx

upload_2020-3-10_19-19-26.png
    Email from DTG

• Like Like x 2
  47. Factor41

Is there much difference between the 422 and 425?

• Like Like x 1
  48. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

I don't know if they emailed it early by mistake though. None of the links work. Can anyone tell us anything about the route though beyond what's in the email? It looks quite modern.

• Like Like x 1
  49. Factor41

I guess the hinted Duisburg to Bochum could be right after all.

• Like Like x 2
  50. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

From the Discord server:
    Route is from Duisburg-Bochum via Essen, so ~40km
    It's a straight shot from Duisburg to Essen, and then at Essen the RE and S-Bahn lines to Bochum are included, which brings the total length up slightly
    The only stock included is the 425 and 442
    The 425 has had Maik Goltz work on it, so it should be pretty good
    If you own MSB, then an additional service layer will be added with freight and Doppelstock RE trains
    With the MSB layer, there are 374 services in total
    EDIT: Article's up now. The route looks pretty decent, personally.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 1