Trans Pennine 0921 Leeds Manchester Express

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by liamlikesviolin, Mar 3, 2020.

1. liamlikesviolin

liamlikesviolin Member

Game hung and crashed 2 miles from Manchester what a waste of time this game is. I blame myself I should have been going over Brahms 2nd Symphony with my violin but instead chose to forgo rehearsal time for a play on xbox but was listening to said Symphony Leonard Bernstein with the Vienna Phil. As there is nothing wrong with your game I can only assume the problem lies with the British weather or a hatred of Brahms or the Bernstein interpretation at least which on a side note is brilliant as is everything he ever did!

Which is more than can be said for your game!!! CxRxAxP!

• Like Like x 1
  2. danydany80

danydany80 New Member

Same here. Game crashes about 2 miles from Manchester Victoria. Lost 1 hour or gaming...

3. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Yep i agree the 10.42 leeds manchester also crashes between miles platting and victoria

4. liamlikesviolin

liamlikesviolin Member

I'm trying the 12:21 in a 45 fingers crossed X X and chicken sacfificed

5. jaf_duman

jaf_duman Member

First of all I would like to say "Hello" to everyone here and there ;-). I joined recently to this forum but play TSW on XONE for over a year.

I confirm that game crashes on Leeds to Manchester Victoria route on: 09:21, 12:21, 14:21 and few minutes ago crashed on 15:21.

The game was crashing also before I bought BR Heavy Freight Pack.

Lost few hours so far

6. liamlikesviolin

liamlikesviolin Member

11:21 , 12:21 and 1921 worked for be on xbox

7. liamlikesviolin

liamlikesviolin Member

Interesting I just completed the 12:21 in a '45 so there must be another reason for it, as you were unable to complete it yourself, maybe I was just lucky. I wonder if it's a memory issue as the game hangs twice on the way into Manchester, after leaving miles Plating it freezes for a moment, and also before the shoe factory sign or whatever it is, i got a hang there also but it didn't freeze.

On a side note the had 'fixed' this apparently a while back...

8. peterg1002612

peterg1002612 Member

and the 7;21 from leeds - manchester

9. tokatails08

tokatails08 Active Member

There’s a problem with crashes happening after miles plaiting station, I submitted a post on here about it

• Like Like x 1
  10. andy.bigney10

andy.bigney10 New Member

I'm having the same issue, in fact I found this thread hoping it had already been raised and they were working on it, Leeds to Manc. Express service and the Journey after it, the game completely crashes and goes back to the Xbox home screen at 1. 3 miles from Manc. Station, everytime... Really frustrating!

Please fix it Dovetail!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. liamlikesviolin

liamlikesviolin Member

When I operate into Manchester I reboot my xbox, not the simple shutdown, the reset kind to clear the cache whatever and that seems to help leading me to believe is is an out of memory crash

12. thomas.n.wyndham

thomas.n.wyndham New Member

I had the same problem on a service this week. Hopefully they can get this one fixed.

13. JazzyGeofferz

JazzyGeofferz Member

Same thing's just happened to me. It was about 20.21 and I was on my way into Victoria. Two bugs in one play session tonight. This and the LIRR not recognising that I'd reached Hempstead on the Race Day journey/scenario.

14. JazzyGeofferz

JazzyGeofferz Member

Alright, further to this bug I saved my game on the way into Victora in anticipation of this happening, and when I reloaded the game to try and finish the run without the crash the loco isn;t throttling up at all. I mean it's making the throttle noises, and showing that I'm at full throttle, but there's nothing shoting on any of the gauges. Any speed I'm gaining is because the approach to Victoria is downhill so the loco rolls, but it also won't let me apply anything except for full driver's braking to reduce my speed, which means I'm literally freefalling downhill, then having to lurch to almost an emergency stop and waiting for gravity to do its thing again on the way into Victoria.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Driver-17111045

Driver-17111045 New Member

Hi all, this is a bug that was listed last year. However it has still not been fixed. When doing any route into Manchester the game crashes when leaving Miles Platting. I deleted all other games, and cleared all cache, as someone said this may help. It didn't. I didn't have this problem until the 2020 update, also didn't have this problem when I installed the BR Heavy Freight DLC. This problem should've been resolved, if anyone has found a way to resolve it please let me know. I don't mean saving game and starting from where I left off, this has been proven to create it's own problems. Many thanks.

16. flutterby Mind

flutterby Mind New Member

Yep. One more here. The game crashes 1.4 miles from Manchester, and any saved game has the throttle disconnected from the Amps generated (the noise is there, but no power output!)

• Like Like x 2
  17. flutterby Mind

flutterby Mind New Member

Okay, this is weird, but I have managed to find a workaround, at least for the case when the throttle effectively disconnects when resuming a save game. In my current saved game it comes back with 0 Amps while the throttle is at 65%. If I now go to the camera menu and select "Internal Cameras -> Driver Stand" I basically get a black screen. But I go back to the camera menu and select "Internal Cameras -> Driver" I get back to the usual screen with Amps being generated! (and yes power moving the train).

I've not explored if other camera angles work - or whether this workaround is unique to this save. I'll wait for the next save that has this problem and see if this work then too! But I have seen something similar in a previously save game in which I had done so many things I was not sure which one triggered it, so I was a bit more deliberate this time.