Tsw: A Multi-purpose Marvel

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-Dmitri, Mar 3, 2020.

1. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Don't say that out loud in Canada!

• Like Like x 4
  2. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

Definitely, especially with LIRR being the oldest passenger railroad in the US still running

• Like Like x 2
  3. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

That don't mean anything. If we went by age Union Pacific would be main majority of the US trains.
    Edit: Nevermind it would be Strasburg railroad. Not Union Pacific or LIRR. Also, stop thread jacking. If you want LIRR go make a suggestion instead of whining like a baby on other threads.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  4. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Whining*

• Like Like x 1
  5. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Yeah we’re Due for a dual mode diesel locomotive or a M3 Locomotive.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  6. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

So... anyway - here's a random picture of a shunter on a dead loco rescue mission, somewhere in the Northern Hemisphere...

Random Shunter Rescuing Loco Picture.jpg

It's strange, but these rescue scenarios can be quite interesting - and this old beast does sound quite good, and has lots of individual features that just make it a bit different, like clasps on the windows, and an exciting box/table with the engine start button on the front. And it also has a rear patio area where you can sunbathe on a lounger, or put out a table and chairs and share a bottle of vino with the second-person, or maybe even do a Bar-B-Q with some vegetarian bacon and vegan rump steaks....

...oh and it has a very conveniently positioned emergency brake valve, should you find yourself wandering outside while the loco is moving... but unable to get back into the cab through the narrow side door (I have had to use it already....!)...

In fact, if this shunter/switcher had better toilet and shower facilities, and maybe space for a big TV, then I think I could happily live on it. You could certainly host a small party in the fairly roomy cab, and you should be able to get a decent sized couch with fold-away bed in there too.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  7. synthetic.angel

And I do hope that with the new shunter/switcher on SFJ..... that the ECS moves, and failed train moves, etc., have the stop objectives marked correctly. Someone just needs to play-test each scenario once, to work out whether they have got them the right way around. They messed up the GWE scenario to rescue the HST quite a while back (and never fixed it), and they most recently did it with the Baby Bullet - stopping you a full train length (158yd) away from the fuelling point....:

SFJ bugged stop objective marker with BB.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  8. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

Whining??? What makes you think I am thread jacking. It's my opinion just like anyone elses. You need to think before you start typing. What other threads are you talking about??? The ignorant remark you made sounds ridiculous right now. In case you have not noticed, the points I have made so far are valid as they focus on the topic or issue currently being faced with TSW development and you already know that LIRR is lacking in TSW. I am just stating my opinion and following on to what other's have discussed regarding the addition of DLC's that are needed.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

The point of this thread was the new mp15 dlc. But, clearly your mind doesn't understand thread jacking. You clearly brought up a topic no one was talking about in a thread about Peninsula Corridor. Which is literally thread jacking. Also that you say a LIRR dlc is needed is not true. It could survive without a dlc. Technically the only thing needed is food, water and shelter. So, if your going to post your opinion, do it in a separate thread, based on that topic. Or make your opinion on this topic, the mp15.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

The Baby Bullet one is really frustrating because it's not even close to where it should be, and because it's a route that's still in active development.

FWIW, I really like driving the Amtrak shunter and the services are actually a little challenging due to the gradient and that it's easy, at least for me, to lose focus and all of a sudden be doing 15 in a 5 mph zone.

It's just SO slow, i assume it's protoypical, but damn lol.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Yes, Sunnyside yard is 5 mph irl.

• Like Like x 3
  12. synthetic.angel

Part of my frustration with the refuelling stop was that I was trying to get through the Early Riser scenario as quickly as possible, and get out of the yard. This is because the first time I tried the scenario I took my time setting up, and made my way out of the yard, only to find that I could not get back to the fuelling point at all, because another train had decided to leave its stabling point, and then creep right up the back of my cab car, so to speak.... ;-) , and it then blocked the points (switch) that provided the road back in (see picture below, with the "Change switch" objective highlighted).

I am not saying that there is necessarily a bug here, on SFJ, by the way - I was really slow to set-up. The signalling (which did not protect the section out) was potentially okay too. But the schedule was fairly tight - possibly also accurate. The only thing that was wrong was that the driver of the other train was clearly a total Amazon-Hole... And again, that might be an authentic representation of Californian drivers that have to get out of bed at 4.00am. What annoyed me though, was that you could not push him out of his chair and take over his train. You couldn't even reason with him....! Maybe he is the same guy that made the DB BR 155. Dunno. ;-)

Early Riser Rush Out of CEMOF.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  13. synthetic.angel

If you are doing a morning shift, shunting stuff about at Sunnyside, then I strongly suggest that you do not drink the coffee that was left by the driver that did the previous night shift.

Do not drink anyone else's coffee in any circumstances.

Just...... don't drink the coffee. Fancy a coffee? Then get your own. That is my recommendation. It might look tempting to drink last night's coffee. But don't. Seriously. Get that thought right outta your head. And don't drink the coffee. Tea - tea would probably be fine - just don't drink the coffee.

The other driver's coffee is really strong. So, don't drink it. Not for a morning perk-up, anyway.

Got it...? ;-D

Coffee from the previous night.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  14. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Can we expect any tweaks to the routes brightness with that release as a patch? I do like the route in general but the odd brightness, at least on Xbox, is really annoying. Everything has a white shroud on it that makes a lot of things look washed out.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

It's that crazy, hazy California sunshine, innit?! :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  16. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Don’t forget the proposed California High Speed Rail program, if they ever complete it it’ll be a possibility 4 TSW in the future;)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

Hehehe

After we picked up some CP locos secondhand, the only thing I found as a difference between their SW1200's and ours was that the PCS resets in 3 minutes, not 1. Made it more of a pain to switch with, if you busted the air too quickly.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

So I new route has been announced for Germany but what's happening with the shutter for cailtrain it's gone a bit quite in regards to this and still no official release date yet

• Like Like x 2
  19. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Scotrail156467

Ah great didn't even notice that cheers

• Like Like x 1
  21. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

Ah Ok.That will be what Dimitri meant by it being slightly different then.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

As much as I enjoy Colonel Failures videos and his humour, I hope the next stream isnt as case of him answering/dismissing questions whilst the Dev that can answer cant see the question because hes blindfolded.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Anthony Pecoraro

Huh?

• Like Like x 2
  25. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

March madness stream from Saturday

• Like Like x 1
  26. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Im looking "forward"* to this Yayyyyyyyy?(*Hint to my sarcasm)

• Like Like x 1
  27. synthetic.angel

I am hoping that the "blindfold method" isn't the method that DTG used to test and QA this new shunter/switcher DLC.

..... although - that might be better than no Quality Control at all..... ;-O

SW1000R Sounds Okay in Tunnels.jpg

And in any case - if the Dev is told that he is going through the tunnel at 22nd Street just out of San Fran.., say, pulling a dead loco, then the Dev should in the very least be able to hear what is going on... Maybe they used the industrial ear-protection/ear-plug/head-warming/sound-muffler method to test and QA the DB BR 155 on RSN on PS4.....

• Like Like x 2
  28. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I understand your tunnel issue. However Im not going to bash. Just wish info would be a bit more forthcoming, thats all.

• Like Like x 1
  29. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Get over it GWR not had nothing if you don’t like it you know what to do don’t play it simple

• Like Like x 2
  30. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

GWR had three trains to start with. In fairness, LIRR is crying out for some variety.

• Like Like x 3
  31. mrchuck

Lirr is crying out for a dual mode diesel locomotive.

• Like Like x 1
  32. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

It is a shame there is only one train on LIRR, I hope they do address this at some point as it is potentially my favourite of the American routes, with it's different lines and branches.

As much as I like GWE, I think DTG hamstrung themselves in choosing that particular era and in the way the OHL doesn't actually work. I find eve with three trains after three years I rarely use it now. Even a 2 car class 165 would add some variety.

• Like Like x 1
  33. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Yes, but not a "common" rolling stock, LIRR wants this one (my fav Amtrak loco: P32AC-DM)

MTA_Metro_North_P32AC-DM_207.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  34. mrchuck

Metro north.

• Like Like x 2
  35. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Caltrain MP15 stream happening tonight (Friday the 13th) 6E1A70B3-A47F-4D44-A523-59FFF09E1BE5.jpeg You can watch it on the Train Simulator YouTube channel. Starts 3pm eastern, 7pm GMT. It will be our first look at it since it was announced. Can’t wait to see it!

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  36. A_normal_name

A_normal_name Member

Whoops. I meant to comment on the New german route but thank you anyway

• Like Like x 1
  37. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

Thoughts from the stream:

Yay: 3 scenarios, and 11 free-roam scenarios with the MP15DC. That's way more than the SW1000R.

Boo: Engine sounds are recycled from TS1's SW1500. Horn sounds okay (I think it's from the UP GP38-2?), bell sounds fine.

I'll probably pick this up, but not until it's on sale for about $10.

• Like Like x 1
  38. mrchuck

When could this Locomotive and route be coming out to train sim world?

• Like Like x 1
  39. Anthony Pecoraro

11 services.

• Like Like x 1
  40. LastTrainToClarksville

Just to counter the pinch-pennies' groans, I'll declare that I'm buying this switcher at the earliest opportunity. Not that I'm putting the passenger and long-run freight folks down: just wishing they would be content with what they have and will have (the new German route is 100% passenger runs as far as I can tell) and let those of us who prefer switching -- even at its necessarily slower speeds -- have our cake when it comes along.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  41. Anthony Pecoraro

The new German route has freight if you own MSB.

• Like Like x 1
  42. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

We already got Long Island Rail Road (LIRR). DTG could add a GENESIS P32AC-DM as Metro-North service (addon) to increase LIRR route traffic. GE P32AC-DM because in my opinion its the most iconic and the most portable (just changing livery to use in different/future US routes).

• Like Like x 2
  43. mrchuck

what a locomotive Dlc for the Lirr like the M3 Locomotive or the Dual mode diesel locomotive.

• Like Like x 1
  44. synthetic.angel

I am looking forward to doing some running with the Kawasaki M8 (£1.19) and the P32 Genesis (£2.39), on my recently acquired NYC-New Haven route (£5.99), which appears to be about five times longer than NEC on TSW.... and departs from Grand Central....

I was considering purchasing this Caltrain switcher for SFJ/PIC - as I do quite like the NYC one... and it would complete my collection of everything as far as TVL, on TSW on PS4..... And the Caltrain switcher does look nice.... and it could be a lovely "pied-a-terre" for when I do my annual trip to the San Francisco's clam chowder festival, as I am getting a bit bored of the SanFran hotels...

But this purchase has suddenly become difficult for me, because I have just bought Edinburgh-Glasgow route (£3.74, incl. the Class 370) plus the Class 08s ( a further £2.09), which put together is half the cost of just one loco and a miserable number of scenarios.... *sniffs*

---------------------
    EDITED TO ADD: Also - I am not sure that I want to buy anything more for the PS4. There's no point, as it doesn't seem to get tested. On the DevStream, it was mentioned that this Caltrain loco had been tested three times on each scenario... but nobody mentioned the PS4 - so it might work on PC. And frankly - when you have a situation like Oakville, where the complete failure of the expansive part of half of the route map wasn't picked up in testing... then you have to wonder just how far the testing goes, even when it is claimed to have been done... in triplicate...

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  45. LastTrainToClarksville

Yes, Anthony, I'm well aware of that, but a re-run of MSB's (relatively) long freight runs, interrupted only by a few very short couple-the-booster-engine romps, doesn't particularly interest me any more than an all-passenger route. Thus, I am still likely to skip the latest German package in favor of awaiting a later addition of interesting freight traffic (meaning switching, of course).

• Like Like x 2
  46. Disintegration7

I'm still gonna get this route, and at least the freight traffic will be good for variety even if it's not super fun to drive.

I'm dreaming the impossible dream world where this route, RSN, and RRO are connected up and re-released with a bunch of new rolling stock and the long delayed shunter to form the core of TSW2021. The other parts being a fixed and connected NEC (maybe extended to Metropark) and LIRR with an additional branch line, and a DM loco, and finally Penninsula Corridor extension to Gilroy, with additional UP loco and services.

I know, impossible dream...

• Like Like x 1
  47. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

It’s out now

• Like Like x 2
  48. Scotrail156467

What country

• Like Like x 1
  49. Disintegration7

For real? All platforms?

• Like Like x 1
  50. Anthony Pecoraro

Consoles in Australia and New Zealand. Consoles release at midnight local time.

• Like Like x 1