Euro Fishing Float Fishing Success

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Derrick Miller, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Derrick Miller

Derrick Miller Active Member

Popping on before work to say the float fishing is pretty darned cool. Landed Brezos and Junior on Presa using maggots and 12 test line. Managing to land 20 lb class carp on St. Johns with the same. I did notice that keeping a tight line is essential for the perfect hook set, but with my 12 lb test line the line sinks as you near 10 yards out. Going to try a lighter line later. Also, the float reel is really helpful as you can move the float just a couple of yards at a time.

Plan to fish over weeds this afternoon. Well done, DTG!

2. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

The float fishing mechanic is a mess. Especially the strike mechanic on pc is a big balls-up. It should be changed that you strike with right mouse button on pc and a button press on console as well. As it is it is way too frustrating too use and a pointless addition to the game.

3. Derrick Miller

I am not having problems on the console with setting the hook on strike. I guess I must be doing it wrong. Last night I caught Silver Tail on St. Johns with a bloodworm on a #12 float with 12 lb. test line. So, yeah, I am clearly doing it wrong.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  4. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

On console it's ok , not to bad with a stick , but on pc with the mouse oh man , you have to rip the mouse of the table and still don't get a strike. BTW catching the big fish on float is cause the game is so broken at the moment and hook sizes are basically ignored now. Can catch anything on anything now. Is why the reverse is also happening by catching small roach on the biggest hooks and baits

5. Derrick Miller

Ah, that would be a major pain on the PC. Now, are you sure it isn't just my master angling skills that enabled me to catch that big cat on a float? Wait...don't answer that. :)