Euro Fishing Will Heavier Line Mean More Lost Fish?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Derrick Miller, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Derrick Miller

Derrick Miller Active Member

After an unfortunate encounter with a big cat on St. James my trauma therapist told be to get the biggest hooks and heaviest line I could find (25 lb Supernatural). It did seem on my next excursion that I was having about one in four or five hooks getting thrown by the fish. I built up another tackle box with 18 lb Supernatural and lost fewer. Could it have been that the heavier line was producing more lost fish?

2. tracko644

tracko644 Member

Don't think it matters at the moment Derrick due to various glitches (1lb roach taking 20mm baits on size 4 hooks & 25lb line etc). I always use the same setup no matter what I'm fishing for (12ft carp rod, 4 hooks & 25lb line) & this hasn't stopped me catching all the boss fish in St Johns. Hopefully It'll be rectified in the next patch.PS if you’re playing multiplayer & not hosting then your hooks will be spat out far more often than if you’re hosting (another VERY FRUSTRATING glitch). Good luck with them cats!

3. Derrick Miller

I am in pretty good shape regarding the glitches...years of missing strikes, snagging lines and snapping them off, using the right bait at the wrong time and place...and losing the fish right at the last moment in real life have me pretty tolerable. :) Thanks for your reply, traco644.

4. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

What game mode were you playing when the bait was being thrown by the fish?

5. tracko644

tracko644 Member

If you're asking me, I said in the post it's on multiplayer mode when you're not hosting

6. Derrick Miller

Agree with tracko644...that is when it seems prominent to me.

7. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Okay, thank you.

This is part of an ongoing issue that we are investigating but have so far been unable to reproduce internally.

8. Derrick Miller

Thank you for investigating and keeping us updated. I am not affected by this much as I rarely do multiplayer (yet).