Simulator Games On Ps4!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by matthewbguilford, Feb 26, 2020.

1. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, I thought I’d share a couple simulator games on consoles. If your a fan of TSW and enjoy simulation games on general there might be something here for you!
    Car mechanic simulator
    House flipper
    Autobahn police simulator 2
    Construction simulator 2
    Mudrunner
    Snowrunner (4/28/2020)
    These are just a few that I can list at the moment and would highly recommend all of them. If you have something you would like to share feel free! Thank you all!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I quite enjoyed Mudrunner, but it's painfully slow going at times, crawling through the mud at 1mph - it's like the truck version of West Somerset!

• Like Like x 2
  3. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

If you're into slightly deeper racing/driving sims there's
    Project Cars 2 (my favourite)
    Assetto Corsa

And there's the space simulation
    Elite Dangerous

And yes Mudrunner is very underrated.

Railway Empire is currently at a good price for PS Plus users (uk). Tempting...

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  4. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Fishing Barents Sea is pretty good, and also PC Building Simulator (even tho I am a console kiddy apparently - see recent posts)

• Like Like x 1
  5. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

If you want fun fun fun - then I strongly recommend Guts and Glory, for the absolutely wonderful physics.

Then there is: Surgeon Simulator - but don't play this if you have a weak heart, because you could die from laughing in the first few minutes (which actually has happened in the UK - somebody literally died laughing watching a TV show...). You can also get this in VR, but they messed that up, so go for the non VR version. (I have tried both)

For something unusual, then try VEV: Viva Ex Vivo, where you get to play a microscopic robot... also available in PSVR (really good in PSVR).

And if you have PSVR, then do not miss: Statik - okay this isn't really a simulator as such, just an utterly awesome VR implementation, which deserves a mention whenever the word PSVR comes up in conversaton..

If cars are your thing, then I would add to the above posts with: Dirt 2.0, WRC8 and Dakar 18, and of course GT Sport (which might appear to be arcade or easy at first, but is actually a really hard-core simulator when you take off the driver aids, and try to compete - possibly one of the best on PS4 - really amazing depth). A wheel is a must for all racing games, for immersion - G29 is the best for value with pretty good function.

If bikes are your thing, but you have always been disappointed with the all biking games to date... then note that suddenly (2019)... that a lot of decent motorbike sims have arrived including: MotoGp19, Ride3 and TT Isle of Man. These are very nearly as good as you are probably going to get, with a DS4 controller.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  6. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

Kingdom Come: Deliverance - A Medieval action RPG sim, like Skyrim, but with no magic, and a heavy focus on authenticity. Might sound dull, but it's a hell of an experience. Unlike in Skyrim, using weapons takes practice.... a whole lot of practice, but persistance is worth it. To add to the sim experience, you also need to eat, sleep, and keep track of your hygiene.

Farming Simulator - A business management sim that provides a relaxing pace.

Car Menchanic Simulator - As above, except in CMS, you carry out all of the tasks yourself, rather than hire staff.

Elite Dangerous - Space exploration, nuff' said. If you explore far enough, you can discover a planet no other player has, and have your name added to it's codex entry. Though by now, I don't know how far you have to travel.

Mundrunnner: A Spintires Game - I love the mud engine in this game, seeing it shift under the weight of heavy load carrying rigs. Have you seen the Snow version that coming up?

Hitman 2 - I'm including this as a Hitman simulator.

7. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

Air Missions: HIND - I'm waiting for it to drop in price. But it's rare to have a helicopter sim on consoles.

Last gen consoles had IL2 Sturmovik and Birds of Prey. Unfortunately the new free to play version, Warthunder, is full of microtransactions, and the menus themselves are impossible to use.

• Like Like x 1
  8. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

251E0FA4-CE9B-4C2A-AC5C-AABE34C20E46.jpeg I was surprised to see released today a game called Overpass. It’s a driving simulator similar to the trials series. Your trying to get your best time and the tracks feature obstacles such as rocks and mud and man made obstacles. It’s not so much about speed as it is analyzing the environment and figuring out your best route.

• Like Like x 2
  9. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I thought that looked interesting and it does seem to be. It's a sort of a faster paced Mudrunner.
    Then I saw the price! That's certainly one to look at when the sales are on.

And why can't they just have one version of a game these days instead of all the "special" and "deluxe" versions! Sorry, rant over.

• Like Like x 2
  10. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

In the PS 4 version you get the first version of the Hind and the Mi35 Superhind additional to the the Xbox version.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  11. docsnyder1911

Bussimulator came out last year.

• Like Like x 1
  12. docsnyder1911

Construction simulator 2 will have cockpit perspectives.

13. Factor41

Agree on all counts. Definitely one for a future sale.

14. d_stevanov

d_stevanov Active Member

+1 for the mudrunner. Awesome game. Can't wait for the sequel (should be out in few weeks).

15. synthetic.angel

Counter Topic - NOT ON PS4 - The stuff I immediately bought for a new PC this week...

Now that I have a new PC.... I have had a bit of simulation-fest (sort of known as "work") in the last week.... and a really good find (for me) so far (other than TSW) is Train Simulator 2020 - this is actually really darn good, compared to TSW, with far better gameplay features and better simulation as well..... and the variety of routes and traction is phenomenal.

But the standout winner for me is BeamNG - Drive, which is very much in beta, so it has a dodgy UI (not as bad as TSW, of course)... but the content itself is mind-blowingly good... It has currently got an incredible car simulator (for car physics), an ATV rally raid crawler with superb world/body physics, a bus simulator, and a load of other stuff. And the progressive damage model, for wear and tear of parts, flow of oil/water, etc., and of course, external body damage... is by far the best that I seen.... in anything... ever. And hundreds of user-generated scenarios with alternative physics... The bus simulator alone already has lots of maps... including the twisty roads of central Italy. I am not sure if a PS5 will actually handle the physics in this game...

Back on a purely car driving theme, I have also added the ancient GTR2, the venerable and extensive Automobilista and the quite stunningly good rFactor2. I will be upgrading GTR2 today by getting RaceRoom.... I have only dipped into these briefly... but I can say that the 1966 Monte Carlo layout in rFactor2 quickly woke me up at the end of a long day... I have a feeling that is going to be staple racing sim for a while for me.

I have also installed.... but not yet tried...My Summer Car... which I understand is sort of like a Finnish version Garage mechanic (but with driving after you have finished the fixer-upping). And I also have Derail Valley waiting to be played (maybe later today....).

I know this is a thread about stuff only on PS4 - but I thought it was interesting and/orworth adding what priority stuff can get missed, if you only have a PS4... and the above is what I felt that I had missed out on.... Amazingly... PS4 covers most things..., so I will not hesitate to get a PS5.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  16. synthetic.angel

Okay... I am now adding FIA European Truck Racing which I bought today for £13.49, as I debated whether or not to buy the Caltrain switcher for just £11.49....

The truck racing game is slightly floaty.... but there is a simulation here... in terms of brake wear - the brakes can burn up in three laps if you use them too much/hard and/or if you don't spray them with water (which can run out)..... and it comes with 45 articulated trucks on 14 race-tracks... It's an interesting game, because the tracks suddenly seem quite narrow... ;-) This is not a full-blooded simulator, although the trucks are quite nose-heavy - rather good fun in the wet, at dusk....

17. JohnnyK98

I tried to get into car racing sims, but I just can't get into them. :(
    I can play every other sim out there, but not cars.

18. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

BeamNG - Drive, hey? It's been on my wishlist for ages but I haven't gotten around to trying it out. Having read your review of it I might have to look out for when it's on sale.

GTR2 - Isn't bad but the physics aren't very realistic as the cars slide too much and is looking a bit old now. There is a physics mod you can download but it makes driving the cars 20 times more difficult.

rFactor2 I have and quite like. I particularly like the Brabham cars and the older circuits like Longford. It reminds me a bit of Grand Prix Legends which I've heard over the years is the most realistic racing simulator game ever released. The graphics are looking real old on that one but it did come out in 1998 (GPL, that is). Note that the Nascar Racing series was based on the same code, if you're into Nascar that is.. with the 2003 version being the latest and best of those.

My Summer Car looks incredible from a gameplay perspective but the visuals put me off buying it. I'm hoping it will get severely updated at some point but who knows. Yes, I know very superficial of me but it is what it is.

Derail Valley I have and can recommend even though it's buggy (well, it's early access). Note though there is a major update coming for it at the end of April so watch out for that as it will be a game changer (literally). Explosions will be included.

19. Factor41

I still think Gran Turismo is one of the most accessible racing games out there. It's easy to get to grips with but takes time and practice to get really good. Once you can win against the AI races, there's a whole world of seasoned online players waiting to beat you!

• Like Like x 1
  20. synthetic.angel

I would say that BeamNG is the best value purchase I have made, for a car simulation... for a very long time. It's in beta, so it will take a long time to go on sale... But it is worth the investment (just be ready for a UI that is a work in progress - it works.... but it is obviously beta....) - these guys really deserve the support, given what they have accomplished so far. And the Steam workshop part works really well - unlike TS2020..... Endless content... And there are challenging US road maps for the bus as well... ;-)

I knew GTR2 would be dated, but it was just £5 (and runs on my PC.... LOL...) - and I wanted it as a reference title (for my...um.... research)... The one thing I have missed is Grand Prix Legends - so thanks for reminding me - I need to get hold of that and have a good look (apparently there is a strong GPL community still playing the game....) - I think it will be similar to Papyrus's Indy sim - and the NASCAR one you mentioned, both of which I tried over twenty years ago... These are all great sims - almost on par with Geoff Crammond's Formula 1 Grand Prix (F1GP) - which is where I started my sim journey.... ;-)

F1GP is actually a fantastic place to start, if you want to learn the maths behind car set-up, because the granularity in settings is stepped... and the latency on each keyboard press is discrete and a high value.... so you can learn exactly what each set-up change does to a lap-time.... because each lap is reproducible to a 1/100th of a second.... and you can do it yourself, without reference to someone else's setup. A pure sim.

21. synthetic.angel

Spot on! Although the trick to Gran Turismo, with respect to AI... is to experiment with much less powerful cars... and try to beat them... so I will often put N500s up against N1000s.... and I usually come second... because there is usually one N1000 that is actually quite fast on all tracks (the La Ferrari)..... If you play online - the matching system is really good... I am getting a bit rusty now, so I am seriously struggling to hold on to my A rating... I am sure to be demoted fairly soon...

Aside on GRID:
    Progress with GRID - on all high/hardest settings.... LOL... I haven't won a single race yet... best I have done is come third... and that was a reverse grid race where I started on pole and defended like a madman.... It's quite intense... I think it can be beaten on highest difficulty - but it is very very difficult (for me, anyway)... Contrary to my previous opinion where I said that GRID is 100% arcade... there is actually a bit of sim in there.... enough to only allow progression through careful use of set-up - and that makes it more "sim" in my book (maybe 50/50...).... and I do love the streets of SF, in the rain, at dusk, when parts of the track are in shadow - or in the dry with transition from almost pitch black to bright low sun.... quite stunning looking.... That was a good recommendation of yours - so thank you....!

• Like Like x 1
  22. Factor41

It's quite good fun. I think it's a shame that they didn't flesh out the menu system more and give it more of a backstory (there's a vague underlying target of getting to partner Nathan McKane at Ravenwest from the Grid games of old), but the races are varied and entertaining. I don't think I'm running absolute hardest settings, but I do like starting every race from the back of the grid and fighting my way through. There are a few cheeky corners where you can pull of epic round-the-outside overtakes as the field jostles for the racing line, but then you have to make sure you're back in line before the rival you upset in the previous race nudges you out into the barrier!

• Like Like x 1
  23. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Bus simulator 18 is good

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  24. UnlimitedMagic

Tried GT sport yet?
    It’s one of the most popular ones out there. It’s pretty good

25. JohnnyK98

I haven't tried it yet, but Bus Simulator is catching my eye. I'll buy it once it's on special.

26. UnlimitedMagic

Cool

27. satineeraj13

satineeraj13 New Member

Autobahn police simulator 2 is a amazing Racing Game

28. Factor41

If you haven't already spotted it, Farming Simulator 19 is one of the free PSN Plus games this month. I wasn't expecting too much from it, having already played Real Farm for a bit, but it's had me hooked for the last couple of weeks, building up my farm, saving up for new kit. It's properly relaxing and you can get on with other stuff at the same time and just keep dropping in, checking on worker progress, refilling seeders, driving loads to the mills etc. So much so, I've barely touched TSW (which is why i've been mostly absent on here). I download ECW at the same time and I've only done the first tutorial so far!

I got the Platinum upgrade for it too which gives you a huge amount of extra Claas kit you can buy. It's not the most intuitive of sims and the tutorials aren't particularly helpful past a basic overview, but we're all quite good at figuring stuff out without detailed instructions here, right?! Definitely worth downloading if you're a PS Plus member.

claasy.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  29. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I was wondering where you were. I was looking for your latest DLC timeline picture and realised I hadn’t seen you for a while. Now I know you were on your new farm.

• Like Like x 2
  30. JohnnyK98

FS19 is on sale on Xbox One. I've been putting it off for so long because I'm afraid it'll get in the way of TSW.
    I've been playing Truck Driver for the last week, and it's taking all my time. :(

31. Factor41

I'd say go for it - there's plenty of reversing big trailers into tight spaces if that's your bag!

32. TheCadManFan

I have it on disc on a shef that is growing quicker than I can get through them. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

33. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

There is also an ancient German DB BR "122" loco (or is it 112..?) that you can drive in Farming Simulator 2019.... ;-)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  34. d_stevanov

d_stevanov Active Member

Welp, now I'll have to by farming simulator...

35. Plastic Pal

Unless you are REALLY into farming.... then don't.... ;-)

More seriously - I got Farming Simulator 2019 for free on PS Plus.... and although I think I could eventually get on with it... I didn't. I might give it another go, as I didn't give it a great deal of chance with my time.... but for now it is firmly "deleted" from my PS4.

36. JohnnyK98

I really like this thread, let's keep it alive!

The next sim game I'll be buying is Construction Simulator 3.
    • Over 50 licensed vehicles by 14 brands
    • Cockpit view
    Here's a console review by SimUK:

37. Factor41

Don't get too excited. I've been using it to ship sugarcane to the mills, but you can't adjust the consist (on consoles at least) so you have limited capacity in the one grain truck, one tanker, one flat carriage etc.

It definitely takes a while to get going! I've quite enjoyed figuring out what all the different kit does and how it all links together, what's needed to feed and maintain each type of animal (trying them all because the trophies actually work!) and buying bigger and better tractors as the money rolls in. You eventually reach a tipping point where, if you need an extra tractor for weeding duties, you can just buy one! Based on the time I was playing it, I actually paid for the Platinum upgrade - it cost less than a TSW loco DLC and includes 35 new pieces of Claas machinery - I've got quite a collection building up...

Farming Simulator 19_20200606220220A.jpg Farming Simulator 19_20200516222102A.jpg Farming Simulator 19_20200523233004A.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  38. Plastic Pal

As odd as this sounds.... I was looking forward to this Farming freebie on PS Plus.... because I just wanted to learn about farming and food production (something that should be taught in schools, in my opinion).

Anyway - the mistake I made, I think...was that I tried to dive straight in, and selected the German/European farm, instead of the tutorial one... and I ended up getting completely overwhelmed by not having anything obvious to do.... Exactly the same thing happened with Cities: Skylines.... I just had zero patience for learning the games.... which is odd for me.... but it was partly because I was distracted by some other stuff that I had actually paid for, and wanted to try out.

I will certainly give Farming Simulator 2019 another go.... later in the year.... ;-)

• Like Like x 2
  39. Factor41

Yeah, it's quite overwhelming because there's no obvious goal and it's a hugely complicated system, but I'm aiming to get all the trophies, so I'm working through chickens, sheep, cows, pigs, working out how to get the best feeding processes (which means growing specific crops for their food, turning grass into hay, collecting straw from the wheat and barley) then using those processes to make the whole farm run more efficiently (giving animals hay returns manure and slurry which you can put on your fields to save money on fertiliser - you can set up a conveyor belt system to get the manure onto your trailer easily; it's like a series of mini game challenges!). Eventual aim is the £10M bank account trophy. When you finally get enough kit to maintain the fields you own, you reach a zen-like efficiency... then spoil it all by buying another field!

• Like Like x 2
  40. TheCadManFan

If that has a physical release, i'd buy it. Same with that Sea Fishing game froma few months back.

41. JohnnyK98

I've been playing Construction Simulator 3 for roughly six hours now.

I wasn't aware this was a mobile game upgraded for consoles, which actually shocks me.
    The UI definitely looks like a mobile port, but that's where the similarities end. The game is so jam-packed with content, it baffles me that any of this would fit into a phone!

The game is pretty challenging and there are many components to manage, and it's actually more of a simulator than I imagined.
    I was frustrated with the controls at first, but I'm finally getting used to it. I can see how the addiction can set in, because everything you do in the world stays permanent. I'm learning a lot about construction and the various (licensed) vehicles too. :)

For $18.99 (Canadian) it's well worth a buy in my opinion. It has more content than Truck Driver which is nearly triple the price.

I just wish it had multiplayer.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  42. JohnnyK98

Time to resurrect this great thread. Because one game flew under my radar, Beyond Blue.
    Beyond Blue isn't quite a simulator, but it's educational, and sometimes I think the genres can blur.

This is an exploration game featuring real-life fish and other ocean creatures. It doesn't have combat, it doesn't have any action - it's just you and the ocean depths. I thought it was prettying interesting. I've seen many reviews, and they're all positive so far. Since I've been playing a lot of Fishing Sim World and Fishing: Barents Sea, I want to learn more about our fishy friends.

What do y'all think? It's also relatively inexpensive. This may be something I pick up for the weekend.

43. Plastic Pal

Wowsers - I just bought DUCATI 90th Anniversary on PlayStation Store for £1.79

It's actually pretty good - same engine as Ride (the first one, I guess). This is not as good as the latest TT, Ride 3 or MotoGP..... but for £1.79 it is a steal, has some surprisingly good racing with x39 bikes (all Ducati... LOL) plus lots of tracks, and a serious career mode.

£1.79

• Like Like x 1
  44. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I must try and get back to this. I got to about the 3rd or 4th mission in and had to level some ground. No matter how level I made it the task wouldn’t move on. Couldn’t even see any bumps in the kind of grid view you get. I gave up after that because it was annoying me lol

45. JohnnyK98

Those are the worst ones. From my experience, you have to approach it from every single angle, and ensure that you're picking up dirt, and not moving it around. It can take quite some time. :(

46. Plastic Pal

If you are working on a building site, then you can still get paid an hourly rate for just moving dirt around... So - it's a realistic simulation.....! It's when everyone takes constant tea-breaks that it gets ridiculous.....

BTW - has anyone tried the other construction simulator (in early release) called Landlord's Super....?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1127840/Landlords_Super/

• Like Like x 1
  47. JohnnyK98

I want to eat marmite after watching that trailer.

48. Plastic Pal

I think I can add the following two games as..um... sort of... walking simulators (which is a bit of a spoiler...), suffice to say that simulating learning to walk is only part of the appeal in the following:

OctoDad: You play an octopus that is married to a human and has two human kids, and a fondness for collecting ties.
    Manual Samuel: You play a rich guy that has died, and you need to work quite hard to...um...animate him..... make him breathe, walk...etc.

Both of these are utterly hilarious (and in the current sales for PS4), and give you new ways to use a DS4 to control a character's movement.... with some nice indie innovation. If you go for Manual Samuel it is best to get it as part of Instant indie Collection Vol.5, which includes Human Fall Flat, which is another fun time-filler with interesting character mechanics. Superb value at around £3 each... ;-)

49. TheCadManFan

If we're to include walking simulators, then how about The Occupation? It's a political thriller set in late 1980's Britain, with a nifty time feature. You play as a jounalist, and have to be at certain places by a specific time, to interview characters and gain information on what is going on. For added challenge, there's no save option during each stage in the game.

50. Plastic Pal

Do you literally have to press the L1 and R1 buttons alternately to swing your "legs" to walk around, and the R1 and R2 buttons to lift your arms.....? LOL - that's what I mean by walking simulator.... LOL.... ;-)

You'd have to try the three games I mentioned to understand what I mean..... ;-D