Nec: New York To Trenton

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TrainHorn22, Mar 18, 2020.

1. TrainHorn22

TrainHorn22 Active Member

The NEC used to be a fun route from Newark Liberty to New Rochelle. Ever Since TSW 2020 launched, The route has been filled with bugs and it’s not worth 30 bucks. The Ruhr has had another route replacement, Why not NEC New York have one as well. Well, Say no more thanks to this plan to recover the NEC with a new route from New York Penn to Trenton.

This route will cover approximately 51.74 miles(83.25 kilometers) making it the largest route with just a couple of miles ahead of Peninsula Corridor. This New NEC route, We will have several trains running from New York to Trenton within this line.

ALP-46
    [​IMG]
    The ALP-46 is a train that has been implemented in Train Simulator for a while. It is quite the lovely train and will be implemented as a Local/Semi-Express from NYP to Newark. There can also be NJT trains run on Train Sim World for different branches ending at Rahway and making local stops. This train will be implemented with Multi-level cab cars and Comet V’s.

ACS-64

[​IMG]
    We’d know this train would make an Appearance again. The ACS-64 is an Amtrak Electric train that runs on the NEC. The ACS-64 can be local stopping at Princeton Junction, New Brunswick, And MetroPark, Can go express after Newark till Trenton, Or just make a stop at MetroPark on the way. This train would make quite the lovely appearance due to the fact of high speed limits in NJ. This would be a fun train but not fun enough compared to this beast.

Acela Express
    [​IMG]
    Gotta save the best for last, The Acela is the fastest train in America and can run Non-Stop DC with Just Newark and Trenton and That’s it or just stopping at MetroPark. If your a fan of High speed, This the train you will be driving a lot. Hell, I think this train will be Train Sim World’s Second High Speed train service along with the GWR.

Map of the Route
    [​IMG]

Why a Boston bound NEC route wouldn’t be any fun.
    The NEC wouldn’t be fun going for the NY/CT route(No offense Metro-North Fans), This route is among one of the slowest of the NEC with just 70-80 mph while in the NJ route, You would have speeds up to 135(Maybe higher with voltage improvements). Not only that but you have major curves that A. If you don’t slow down in time could derail you or B. Make the route a longer and dull experience.

Ending
    The NEC can be fixed and be a fun route thanks again to DTG having the ability for Longer Routes for everyone. I’m sorry I couldn’t include Northern Suffolk for you freight fans due to the fact that I don’t know it that much but you can help me include it. Thanks for taking the time to review this, Thank you and have a good day.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 12
  2. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Awesome hopefully it’ll will come available in the future.

• Like Like x 3
  3. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

I would love to see them complete the full NorthEast Corridor line. They should also at road traffic.

• Like Like x 3
  4. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

Another rolling stock suggestion is the new Amtrak Avelia Liberty trainsets
    upload_2020-3-20_11-9-20.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  5. TrainHorn22

There isn’t much info about the avelia Liberty, It’s horn and bells aren’t known, It could be added in the future.

• Like Like x 2
  6. TrainHorn22

Well uhh..

• Like Like x 1
  7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You got your suggestion made. In reality NYC Trenton is a shortened version of TSC NY Penn Station to Philadelphia 30th St Station

• Like Like x 2
  8. TrainHorn22

I felt like at the time, NY to Trenton was appropriate because back then, the longest route was Caltrain’s San Francisco to San Jose

• Like Like x 2
  9. metro north railfan 224

metro north railfan 224 Active Member

Well now here we are almost 3 years later

• Like Like x 2