PC Route Sounds Challenge

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Rudolf, Mar 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I would like to invite you to participate in a little challenge.When I played a lot with the WSR, during a wait I approached a semaphore signal very close and to my surprise, the sound of the signal is modelled as well. You all may know the TVL route also has some audio surprises.

So here is my idea:

Visit some locations along a route in first person mode and listen to the sounds and report here what you hear. If you are a good bird watcher, you may let us know which birds you hear and maybe even if these birds should be expected. Same thing for other sounds.

I think this is a nice game addition, if you like it. Hopefully it does some justice to the developers of the route scenery and audio technicians that create this and it may increase the fun in playing of you are more aware of what you notice.

Looking forward to see your responses. I would like to use the information we collect here in the route guides I am creating.

2. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

The Tees valley has some interesting sounds. The steel works siren goes off just after 1000 and can be heard for miles. I was at Eaglescliffe one day, waiting for a steel train to arrive and I was amazed to see the points (switches) move to the main line shortly before it turned up. They even included the sound of the motor!

3. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

ECW has the annoying dog barking. lol

• Like Like x 3
  4. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Where? what time? which season? Is it doing it all day? Please give all possible details, just for fun.

5. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

It occurs all the time.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Peninsula Corridor has fans cheering on the stadium next to the CEMOF facility.

• Like Like x 2
  7. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

I love the sounds of the seagulls on ECW .. it's made even better because they're actually modeled flying around the ferry.

• Like Like x 1