Covid-19 Update

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Mar 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

With the ongoing global impact of COVID-19, we’d like to update you with what we're doing here at Dovetail Games. This week all of our teams have switched to home working, so we can be safe and continue to make the routes and locos we've got planned, as usual.

READ MORE

• Like Like x 26
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I’m not stuck at home. lol. I work at Amazon and we are still running. It’s great that you can stay working during this. I love TSW so much! Keep up the great work!

• Like Like x 11
  3. wolverine6192009

wolverine6192009 New Member

Glad ur all keeping safe u asked for ideas so here is a few, please make Brighton to Ashford International (including seaford line and Battle to Ore) Brighton to Portsmouth Harber, extend the Southampton line to Southampton Airport And Portsmouth Harber, re-work and update the London To Brighton Route (including updated trains, update platforms, Add extra platforms where needed, added in station refits when needed and Add Extra Lines (Branch Lines) thank you) . And oh add a extension to the south London route, West Croydon To Epson Downs. Oh we also need a link between London Bridge And London St Pancras (it's way over due) thanxs. :)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  4. blkpig

blkpig New Member

Just keep the whole crew safe, and take care. The work you do for the PS4 version is incredible, I'm from Toronto, but now live in Windsor Ont. I can't thank you enough for the CN Rail content VIA, CP would be nice if it can be managed or even some Asian Regions. I say this to keep your mind busy and stay focused on the situation. I hope you all, and your loved ones are safe through this global issue.
    Remember "Soap is the new Gold"
    Thanks again!
    B.P. - PRO STREETMEET & BBQ / Channel: Blk Pig - YouTube

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  5. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Keep safe hopefully to see a lirr Locomotive released soon in the future or another American route to be available sometime soon.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zinv

Zinv Member

I'd like to have HRR a few days earlier if possible. I know that is actually nothing to discuss about but I have nothing to do during this time and I need something new for TSW fast :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

I highly recommend focusing on more core features rather than new locos and routes, adding realism, reworking various things, fixing sound issues, more real life features, etc. We got enough routes and locos now to work with for a year at least

• Like Like x 5
  8. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

It's good to hear that the work continues.... :)

I hope that someone makes an electronic note to start the crucial effort to patch the DB BR 155 on RSN on PS4 - as I am worried that maybe the reminder hasn't been input onto JIRA yet by the new QA manager*** and that at best it's on a sticky Post-It Note, under a large pile of 1970s rail magazines, in the store room..... where the stockpile of toilet roll, hand sanitisation products and powdered milk used to be.... At least... I think that was powdered milk... ;-O

But more importantly.... even more importantly than the DB BR 155.... I do hope that you guys stay safe and well, as you will all be needed for production of Train Simulators.... at least until 2050, when the electricity runs out.

----------------------------------------
    ***(I see the job advert has been deleted, so I am hoping that DTG recruited someone, rather than retrenching the post...)

• Like Like x 3
  9. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

We really appreciate the update. We appreciate all the hard work you all are doing and I’m glad the staff can work from the safety of their homes. I can’t thank you all enough for continued support and for releasing locomotives and routes during this hard time. It will no doubt bring some comfort to all of us here who enjoy TSW. From the bottom of my heart I hope the studio and community continue to be healthy and safe. Please remember in times like these we need to be kind and reach out to the people who need help. Whether it’s something serious or even if it’s just a simple TSW question. I love you all!

• Like Like x 4
  10. Trim

Trim Active Member

Keep safe.

I'm working from home myself now but please, please don't so what I do and spend all your time on the internet and playing Train Sim World. On second thoughts, that might not be such a bad idea; reading through the specific complaints posted on here, running through whatever bit of the game the complaint is about and then working out how to fix it. I'd much rather have bugs and irritations fixed than new content, to be honest, but I suppose it is new content that pays your wages.

Anyway, I wish you well.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Stay safe and be responsible, protect yourselves and your families.

• Like Like x 2
  12. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

A sensible precaution Here's hoping the team and their families keep well.

I've used toilet rolls to barricade the door and I'm not going out until 2021. Luckily there's a TSW content sale on PSN so that should keep me going for a while.

I think we've spotted this Anthony. ;)
    I hope you and all users the best for the ongoing crisis.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

My dads a truck driver so he's also out and about. Didn't Amazon give all their employees a raise because yall have to work extra and all because of this? Glad to hear about the continuing of products as well.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Be safe

I am glad to see that DTGis taking measures amid the Covid virus in keeping their staff and family members safe and healthy, I hope everyone else in the forums are also doing their best to keep themselves and family members safe.

For those who can work from home is the best thing for now, but for those like me where your job is something that can be done from home keep yourself safe. But for me I have seen a drastic drop in work since yesterday morning when stronger measures came into place Which has impacted my amount of work and has financially hurt me badly right now.

The one thing that was on my list that I have not yet bought was the new Switcher, I will for now have to wait until things get better. I have paid for and waiting for the new German route and hope that it's release is ontime or maybe even early.

In the meantime I would like to say to everyone in the forums to remain safe and healthy

• Like Like x 3
  15. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Stay safe and healthy everyone. Looking forward to the new content and driving a lot of trains as the wife and i are both working from home for the foreseeable future.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

I am sad to hear that and hope things get better for you.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Michael Newbury

I would like to say thank you for your thoughts it is hard to be a self employed person, but listening to my news and what has been announced hopefully it will help me get through this difficult time.

• Like Like x 1
  18. tchimneys

tchimneys New Member

Thanks for bringing TSW into existence. The entertainment and escapism it provides is even more important and valuable in these troubled times. For suggestions, I think the number one most important thing you can release for TSW right now is the long promised Editor. Even if you have to release it with a bunch of caveats, it would at least allow people to start creating scenarios and this would go a long way to keep everyone amused during extended periods of isolation. Stay safe and healthy everyone. ATB.

• Like Like x 4
  19. A_normal_name

A_normal_name Member

Covid-19 is a good reason to stay Inside and play tsw all day

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  20. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Stay safe guys. Looking at unpaid leave at best at this end. Sad and scary times.

• Like Like x 1
  21. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

I work in emergency services so my hours have been effectively doubled. Interesting but scary times for sure. Everyone be safe out there.

• Like Like x 4
  22. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

While trains are still running, I’m going to be out there. Although, I have noticed quieter trains lately and there are talks of reducing train services (some companies already have).

23. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

Glad everyone at DTG can work from home, hope everyone can stay safe and healthy.

Sadly my job can not be done from home so I'm still out and about, trying to stay as safe as I can.

• Like Like x 3
  24. Michael Newbury

It is the same for me I have to be out and about myself all can do is just keep a safe distance from people.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Good to hear those that can avoid daily contact, im not one of those. The company i work for has computers from the early 90s and no outside access, very small biz. Luckily im outside most of the day - so i totally get large offices on temporary remote.

Unfortunate part is i live in the tourism heart of the US

• Like Like x 1
  26. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Not if you got a home office, phone and MS Teams monitoring you :(
    But hey, better than commuting.

27. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

For anyone interested this is the Imperial College research that has been underpinning the response here in the UK. It was released on the 16th. Sobering stuff. Share it so that people can educate themselves to better understand the strategies being put in place. Be responsible, follow the advice and keep yourselves and the vulnerable safe.
    https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/im...Rl0Qw6acmzvx3pSYgETv2BnaAvZSAoTCxhGPrTj02k8dU

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  28. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

First of all, you did great work at DTG and we will survive this virus pandemic together and healthy! TSW makes really fun to play, especially on console with a PS4 controller. To use of the Unreal Engine 4, which provides the latest graphic, was a great decision. As a German player I naturally prefer German routes and trains, but through playing British and American routes I learned a lot about British and American locos and trains, which became some of my favorites. I also like the grade of detail, almost every lever and switch can be used. It is certainly not a secret that the German community wants to play a German shunter like the BR 294 in the near future. We need more diesel locomotives on German routes. The BR 232 would be my suggestion and is one of my favorites... ;)

29. mrchuck

and definitely the Lirr needs more Rail traffic like a dual mode diesel locomotive which got 78 votes

Attached Files:

30. NekoNina

NekoNina Well-Known Member

I wish everyone at Dovetail Games and their families the best. Stay safe and healthy ^^

• Like Like x 4
  31. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

With DTG unable to go back over past DLCs to improve them. There are still some big and small issues, and right now is the best time to fix them.

For example:
    • NTP Class 47's broken physics.
    • Broken TSW2020 package on PS4 and missing SD40 on PS4.
    • Level crossings on RT (definitely).
    • Broken cab light and missing saloon lights button on the Class 377.
    • Updating the Class 66 to the ECW one.
    • Sounds at Brighton station.
    • ATC?
    • Signalling on RT?
    • Refuelling on WSR.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  32. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

Are they able to monitor your home computer, or are they just checking for progress? The difference is one has TSW running on one monitor and sporadic work on the other monitor, whereas the other is a totalitarian pain.

33. A_normal_name

A_normal_name Member

The cab Light isn't broken, there's just 2 switches

34. cruelhumana

cruelhumana New Member

I’m working in Amazón (Barcelona) BCN1

• Like Like x 1
  35. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Great, means that the time spent travelling to work means teams can actually fix all those little niggles that upset so many. and possible expand some routes we already have. Slow down the gravy train as i'd happily pay for the extra work.

36. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

The one in the driver's cab (not the secondman's cab) doesn't work.

37. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Stay safe chaps!

• Like Like x 1
  38. A_normal_name

A_normal_name Member

Have you tried this switch?

Attached Files:

39. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Stay safe guys ( DTG crew and other users ) I’ll have plenty of time to play TSW and with the upcoming DLC I’m satisfied ! I won’t be bored during the 2 weeks ( maybe one month ) quarantine

• Like Like x 1
  40. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

Stay safe, keep your loved ones safe and colleagues too.
    This is really surreal that's going on at the moment but all of us together will get through this.

Thanks dovetail for what you do

• Like Like x 1
  41. synthetic.angel

Um - most of these appear to just be console related issues....?

The Class 47 works perfectly well on PC. The SD40 and CSX:HH are available on PC. You can run various versions of the Class 66 anywhere you want on TS2020, on PC. All of the sounds at Brighton work perfectly well on PC. So if you are seriously into your train simulation - get a PC....!

I can't see why DTG would want to waste any precious time on anything on your list, most of the things on your list are not problems for PC players. There are important issues that need to be fixed on PC, like the inter-phasing ballast wagons that come with the new MP15 switcher - and that's a premium priced DLC.... so it needs to be fixed now - ahead of all your "little peeves" that wouldn't result in much new £CA$H coming in.

42. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

How about the BR 155? That’s an important issue too. Maybe it’s just me because I don’t see anyone else complaining on this forum about it.

*dives for cover*

Sorry :cool::cool::cool:

Anyway an update from the railways in the UK: Big reduction in train services starting tomorrow; only about 40% to 50% services running depending on company. As for drivers and guards, there’s a lot of us going to be spare but fortunately if we are spare, we can stay at home on standby. There is definitely a noticeable change in passenger numbers with some trains leaving with only a handful of passengers or none at all! Hope everyone else is ok :)

43. synthetic.angel

Ooooooooh - I'd love to see a BR Class 155 on TSW - maybe on NTP. - I think they came in around 1987/88 - so maybe just about possible on NTP's timeline....?

I know some people really want to see a Pacer introduced - but a BR Class 155 Sprinter would be a welcome introduction too..... ;D

44. DominusEdwardius

DominusEdwardius Well-Known Member

Given NTP is intended to be 1983 specifically.... nope :P

• Like Like x 1
  45. synthetic.angel

Really.....? NTP is 1983.....? Oh well... in that case - where is Inspector Tiger when you need him....?

He should have a really good look at the MkIIs on NTP - cos those Bar Stewards at the carriage works are doing that post-dating scam again. And this time it is not just the paperwork - now they are blatantly and brazenly painting future lift dates onto the ends of the coaches.... Cheeky scamps....! As if nobody would notice....! Oh hang on - they probably didn't have any QA at the works.... Oh dear....

Very Naughty carriage works peeps.jpg

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  46. Delta_Who

Delta_Who Well-Known Member

I would say go outside and take a chill pill... but there's a pandemic on.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  47. synthetic.angel

And these newspaper headlines at Leeds seem to suggest that NTP could be pinned down to December 1989 (end of decade...?)..... Although, to be fair, journalists can sometimes be tempted to rely on hyperbole.... and aren't necessarily known for their numeracy skills (oooh... that sounds familiar for some reason...)....:

News Express circa December 1989.jpg

So - anyway - maybe we could have brand new circa 1989 BR Class 155*** Sprinters on NTP after all....! Yay...! Praise Google for that ....! ;-)
    --------------------------------
    ***NB: No need to make the BR Class 155 Sprinters work on consoles though. Just on PC would be fine - or you could give the BR Class 155 Sprinters a critical problem with the braking and power - but only do that on the console version... Just for fun, you know..... just to see if console users actually notice stuff like that.... ;-)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  48. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...of course LIRR needs more traffic too. For example some Amtrak trains in Penn Station or some switchers at the big Jamaica Yard, as seen on your photos. May be it will possible to combine LIRR with NEC in the future, because they share the same tracks from Penn to Sunnyside.

• Like Like x 2
  49. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Really hoping for a combined and upgraded NEC/LIRR to be part of the TSW2021 package. It could be so cool if done right.

50. mrchuck

I hope to see the port Jefferson Branch on TSW it’s the very scenic on Long Island for TSW 2021.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.