Tsw: Introducing Hauptstrecke Rhein-ruhr!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Mar 10, 2020.

1. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

If there are countless bugs in tsw for PS4, I assume it's the same for Xbox. And yes, I have found some thru the course of the game ever since I bought tsw. Uncompletable scenarios, incorrect signals, endless red signals even if there's no train in front of me, random derailments, and overall so many incorrect physics. I remember that day I heard of tsw, I had so many illusions to own and play the game, and since the beginning I fell in DTGs trap. What looks like the real life, dream train simulator of a railfanner, is actually an unfinished, buggy, and improperly constructed simulator. I really wanted a great experience playing tsw, but that experience slowly fell after the release of tsw 2020. Short af routes started popping up, even more bugs, and since the release of the game DTG don't even dare fix this. DTG, you betrayed all of us. I really looked towards the future of tsw being the best simulator out there, but you slowly ruined it. You had an opportunity DTG, an opportunity to make tsw the best simulator out there, but you didn't take it. Peninsula Corridor was the longest route created on consoles. That proves that you guys can make long routes that can still have the quality you guys want in tsw. But what do we get? Short routes with reused trains. Where's the fun DTG? Where's that variety you promised in tsw? I remember looking back at the original CSX HH announcement vid. How great it makes tsw look as a simulator, now look at today. You guys really let us down. You ruined tsw because of your laziness in trying to really make tsw a great Sim. Now I believe if you don't fix this soon, you'll lose customers, one by one. I'm personally not looking forward to uninstalling it, but if I see the situation worsens, I'll have no choice. DTG you promised us so many things in tsw, and yet where are they? The editor, longer routes, more freight action? I can tell you it's nowhere near half finished. You guys fell in the temptations of money, and all you guys want currently is the money flowing, not even paying attention to flaws in your products. I'm sorry DTG, but you guys really destroyed tsw this time. I really hope it doesn't happen, but this might be the end. The end of the great Sim we hoped tsw would become. You ever heard of the end of the world? Well I'm guessing we're nearing the end of Train Sim World.:(

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. MetrolinkF125#916

Not even the physics of tsw are correct, cuz the brakes are extremely overpowered on long, 30+ car freight trains:(

• Like Like x 3
  3. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

Well, I think the assumptions are partly what have caused some issues to linger. There are some bugs that are specific to either PS4 or Xbox (or both) and don't appear on PC. It's easy for someone to assume something is going to work on all platforms if it works on one but obviously, that's not the case in reality. I suspect this is where DTG have gone wrong in the past but hopefully have a handle on rectifying for the future.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Look....I 100% agree that it should be fixed. It has been reported and acknowledged. I just don't think spamming these forums about it constantly is going to make the process go any faster.

I appreciate the issue is frustrating for him (and presumably other PS4 customers)...but all he is doing is annoying other forum members with his incessant whining

I'll also add I do not wish to block him...I actually do read his posts and quite enjoy his sense of humour...but the BR155 nagging is something which is really starting to grate on me

• Like Like x 5
  5. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Regarding the supposed "core" fix:

------------------
    Core:
    · Resolved an issue whereby completed add-on scenarios and services were not being shown correctly in the completion status UI.
    ------------------

I can now confirm that this "fix" has not been applied to WSR, RT or NEC routes - all of which are still unable to count progress with DLC added to the routes. So it is not a core fix, by any means. The real core bug appears to be that DTG still can't count - and it looks like primary schools are going to be closed down in the UK for months due to the corona virus - so no hope of rectifying the more general counting isssue... not anytime soon.

• Like Like x 2
  6. synthetic.angel

The irony is that I want to celebrate the fantastic creation.... in concept... that is the DB BR 155. It is an amazing loco - and no doubt works beautifully on PC. I'd like it to work on RSN on PS4 as well - I genuinely think that if it worked, then it would be the best loco in the whole of TSW. Better than the Class 101 DMU.

The double irony is that I also want to make a very positive thread about DTG's progress with fixing bugs. Seriously. I really want to do this (although it would be super-journal length as an OP). But I can't.

I can't celebrate DTG's achievements, because they refuse to fix the DB BR 155. And although mentioning the broken DB BR 155 doesn't guarantee that the process to fix it will start anytime soon - it does have the benefit of alerting all potential PS4 customers, so that they avoid purchasing potentially broken German DLC (on PS4) - and this HRR DLC could be another example.

The broken German DLC content on PS4 issue is something that needs to be given as much exposure as possible - especially since DTG continue, every second of every day, to market the DB BR 155 as specifically designed for RSN, on the PS4.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

If I may tell you a story about my typical day as a train driver in TSW, since the complaints over the shortness in RRO and HRR are getting louder...

This story takes references to what is missing in TSW so far, to show you, that with a little imgination everything comes to life and gets perfect! So let's get started...

My day begins at Hagen Hbf at the time of 6 am. My colleague just finishes his night shift and drives his train to platform 12. It's a BR 422, so I'm driving the S-Bahn today. As I greet my colleague I get on the train and prepare it for departure. I open the doors to let the passengers get aboard. Departure is at 6:30 so I smoke a cigarette outside. (I'm a non-smoker in RL, but I get the feeling that 83% of all train drivers smoke so I have to :D) A few platforms further a Regio drives in and I wave at him. Now I must get on the train, if I want to be punctual. I close the doors and accelerate. (Of course only if I have a green light!) The passenger information system is broken today, so I have to make the announcements on my own. Next stop is Hagen-Wehringhausen. I drive this route often so I know where to get off the train. But when I'm not sure, I look into my little notebook where I wrote all the details down. Now I have to drive my train to Wuppertal Hbf where some of my passengers must get off to catch their ICE/IC/Regio and so on... But sadly I must drive further, so I don't get them to see. In Wuppertal-Steinbeck I must get off, because due to a construction on track I have to drive back to Hagen Hbf. And so it goes on and on and so it gets never boring.

As I mentioned in my first comment, I will never be able to drive a train in real life, so TSW is all I have that comes near the experience of doing it so. I will not argue with you on all points. Let it be the BR 155, the shortness of the newest routes or the choice of locos, but let me point out that I am happy to be able to drive what exists in TSW, that I'm happy to drive on the routes that exists and that I'm happy to drive it on PS4 despite alle the little mistakes like bugs or things. As long as I can drive german trains on german routes, no matter how long they are, I will buy it and I will support it. Maybe they give us some IC/ICE connections in the future and as it was mentioned before (I don't know who said it), maybe they connect the routes in NRW to one and add an IC or ICE. That is hope and trust, my friends... and that is rare in the gaming industry, because many people only see the bad in something. Keep in mind, that there are people who aren't interested in steam or diesel locos. Of course it would be nice, but it's also difficult to make a full community happy.

I'll let this stick to you and will write back, if you are interested in an argument where I represent the side of an TSW enthusiast and you the side of a criticist. :D

Greetings from a DB Fan!

• Like Like x 12
  8. palme111100

palme111100 Active Member

Well said. Sometimes I wish there were longer routes, but still I am glad that we have the routes and locos we have at the moment. Sure, there is room for improvement, but sometimes it's better to be happy with what you have.;)

• Like Like x 5
  9. synthetic.angel

Everyone that reads this Forum, and especially those that write on this Forum.... are 100% passionate fans of trains, and are highly likely to be 100% grateful to DTG for creating train simulator software...and are probably quite enthusiastic. If they were not enthusiasts, then they would not be here.

The question becomes - where do you draw the line? When do you decide that you are not satisfied with specific content, or how things are going?

Maybe you are happy to run the DB BR 155 on RSN with the sound switched off. How about a new ICE EMU that can only run at 30kph? Or maybe a route out of Berlin, where the largest Berlin terminus is represented as having only one track? How about a UI that only works 10% of the time, and crashes your computer or PS4 almost every time you start the software.... but sometimes, through chance... it seems to work for a few minutes?

At what point do you decide that it is fair to be critical of something/someone that you love?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

Surely I will draw the line, when I couldn't start the game or when the game crashes as soon as I accelerate to the first km/h.
    Also I draw the line when a route is chosen where I (as you said) can only drive up to 30 km/h, but none of this is given in TSW.
    Also I don't need to focus on requirements like you need to in TS or EEP (also a great game but runs badly if your PC doesn't meet the requirements), because every PS4, every XBOX One has the same standards and none of those is privileged.

As long as TSW doesn't get worse when it comes to running the game and as long as they give us at least 1 new Loco/EMU per DLC, I'm happy. ;)

• Like Like x 4
  11. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

DTG need to prioritise on a core update which fix many old bugs and also introduce new features.

There are too many core TSW issues which let DLC’s down. Such as poor rendering, virtually no distance shadows, audio issues and many other things. Not to mention a completely useless 2D map and a skybox which looks like it was made in Microsoft Paint.

The lighting needs a major overhaul as well. It can look really unrealistic and ugly at various times of the day.

Stop pumping out DLC after DLC and actually fix the software it runs on aka your game aka TSW.

• Like Like x 8
  12. synthetic.angel

Funnily enough, I recently bought DTG's TS2020 on PC. And very quickly (after three days) the software managed to get into a state where it would crash 90% of the time, upon start-up. It wouldn't run at all, most of the time. It took me three or four hours to diagnose the problem (and it was a problem with TS2020's workshop content management.....) ............and then fix it, and then get it to start reliably. And I have two more hours of admin work ahead of me to fully repair it, so that it all works properly, all of the time. My PC can easily handle TS2020, in 2160p... without breaking a bead of sweat, but some parts of the generally splendid UI are a bit ropey.

But this above scenario could also happen with TSW, on PS4, at any time that DTG drop the ball with an update. And it did, just a few weeks ago, just before the Baby Bullet came out.... some people could not start TSW at all,, and their profiles were lost, etc....

My feeling is that TSW is actually getting worse. It doesn't need to be like that, but they are managing to make TSW get worse anyway. And I think the whole Oakville fiasco is pretty strong proof of this - how can you miss a bug that shuts out half of the anticipated map/route...?

And DTG completely dropped the ball with the DB BR 155, on RSN, on PS4. It is paid-for software that just doesn't work - right now - in TSW, on PS4, for all PS4 players - and remains unfixed for over a year. It never ever worked. And it clearly wasn't tested for use on PS4, let alone optimised for PS4....

PS4 players are given the lowest prioty by DTG, so if a fault occurs on PS4 it is unlikely to be fixed unless it is also affecting the PC community - and this is what happened with the DB BR 155.

BTW: It is perfectly valid to just accept what you are given, and be very relaxed about it, and if you don't like what happens - say your favourite German town has been designed to look like a scene from The Simpsons, or if you excitedly buy DLC of your favourite loco and find that it doesn't work at all - to just switch off TSW, and go and read a book instead. That's a perfectly valid approach to life (and quite a good one).

NB/Sidebar: There is , of course, a route (WSR) where the limit is 40kph in TSW.... but I like it like that... and that is an authentic feature, for book-lovers everywhere... ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  13. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

That's what I love about NRW routes and the LIRR/NEC. The role playing aspect. Me as an avid fan of RPs, it's like a sandbox.
    That's why, one day I hope we can go all the way to Düsseldorf, and with Hagen-Bochum the whole new world opens up.

• Like Like x 2
  14. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Lirr needs some more scenarios and rail traffic I hope lirr gets some new scenarios with new locomotives soon.

• Like Like x 2
  15. kennyjamesscott

By the way, I usually start from Wuppertal Oberbarmen and take a train to either way to start my shift and in LIRR I start from Hicksville and go from there either on a LIRR or NEC.
    Once the Frankfurt or Munich are in game then that takes RPing to whole new level with flightsim in mind (if airports will be a thing in TSW in the future).
    With an open mind, a bit of dreaming and creativity, everything is possible.

Thou I spent time on RSN today and enjoyed nice longer run so yes, I want longer routes too but I'm not complaining about shorter ones as they really offer a great deal of value for money for me personally.
    Some routes may be way too short but they are worth double the money than some longer routes because of detail.

• Like Like x 1
  16. kennyjamesscott

I'm not much for scenarios as I do like service mode. It gives me more freedom. Scenarios are... You do them once and that's it. In service mode I have more flexibility and more fun personally.

I second on loco department. I love LIRR myself.

• Like Like x 4
  17. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Hopefully the next UK route gets a decent length

• Like Like x 5
  18. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Half the ECL with the Class 66 again lol

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  19. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

It’s out for those who are already on the 24th March 523B0744-B05B-43EA-B297-E4940A69BDCF.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  20. Mark newman

Mark newman Well-Known Member

What time tonight

• Like Like x 1
  21. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Very nice route but its like to drive into the desert (and this guy got all German Dlc+Addons). At moment MSB trains traffic eat HRR.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  22. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

TSW's poor daytime lighting really lets this one down. Unless it's a cloudy day it looks really barren.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Huh?

• Like Like x 1
  24. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Attention guys, here is the whipping father of DTG :o

• Like Like x 7
  25. Anthony Pecoraro

I just don’t understand what he meant.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Random Railfan

I know you're going to deny what I'm about to say, but TSW's lighting looks quite bad and unrealistic around midday when the sun is out. Everything looks sort of undefined and washed out. It's hard to describe but I think people will get what I'm talking about.

I think the culprit is partially poor/broken lighting and low load distances. If the game could be optimized to facilitate better load distances and had improved lighting it would look significantly better and more realistic.

• Like Like x 4
  27. Anthony Pecoraro

upload_2020-3-24_11-1-15.jpeg
    What’s wrong with this?

• Like Like x 2
  28. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

On RRH
    What services does DB BR 146, 185, doppelstock run so I can put the right destination on cause it always says Nicht Einsteigen
    Thanks in advance :)

• Like Like x 1
  29. Random Railfan

Try something at mid day.

• Like Like x 3
  30. londonmidland

It’s the way DTG configure the lighting. Some routes looks better than others, but this screenshot really shows how overpowering the sun is and how washed out it makes ground textures look.

04AE9748-6913-49F2-9D73-105B63265CA2.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  31. kikelj.blaz

kikelj.blaz Member

When German shunter DTG?

• Like Like x 2
  32. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Good job on the 425's panels flickering...

• Like Like x 1
  33. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

I have been making adjustments to the lighting in my own game (with ReShade) to mitigate what you are seeing. I still am not entirely content with the results (I wish I had some unmodified photography to use as a reference) but I think it makes the visuals feel more organic and the distance mountains feel less sunburned.

TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping 2020-03-24 12-06-57.png TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping 2020-03-24 12-07-08.png TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping 2020-03-24 12-07-15.png TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping 2020-03-24 12-09-42.png TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping 2020-03-24 12-09-51.png

• Like Like x 2
  34. Callum B.

TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping 2020-03-24 12-09-33.png

I have more screenshots but the site complains that they are too large. Nevertheless, this should give you a good idea about what adjustments were made. One of the most important filters added was a distance blue-is fog to simulate distant atmospheric haze. That alone makes the poor distance terrain far more bearable. Let me know if you have any suggestions on what else to adjust or if you have any reference photographs to use. :)

• Like Like x 4
  35. Random Railfan

That looks incredible! Great work! Can you release that as a mod in the future?

• Like Like x 1
  36. Callum B.

Yes absolutely, it is nothing more than a ReShade preset .ini file. It's one of those things where you could tinker with it endlessly, always adjusting the sliders a bit to make it look just right. For that reason I may find it hard to ever find the perfect combination for release. :P
    I will upload some screenshots in other seasons/times later today (the above were noon-ish during summer). Let me know if you have a particular combination of loco/route/time/season combination you would like to see. I have quite a few DLC but nothing from the last 5 or so months. Critical feedback is always appreciated.

• Like Like x 2
  37. Random Railfan

How do you get the ReShade mod?

• Like Like x 1
  38. Callum B.

Download ReShade from here, then once you open it up, use the program to navigate to the location of TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping.exe which will be in the "steamapps\common\Train Sim World\WindowsNoEditor\TS2Prototype\Binaries\Win64\" folder in your Steam directory. Select the Direct3D 10/11/12 option and press OK. Now ReShade will hook onto TSW and a preset.ini file can be put into the folder of the binary .exe.

See my thread here

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  39. londonmidland

It’s a shame DTG don’t provide sliders in TSW so we can adjust things like gamma, brightness, saturation etc.

Sometimes I think are DTG wearing sunglasses whilst configuring the lighting because it can be so over exposed and washed out.

*cough* East Coastway *cough*

• Like Like x 3
  40. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Sometimes I can’t even see the speedometer because of the sun like in ECW

• Like Like x 2
  41. Random Railfan

Thank you! Do you have the .ini for your reshade?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  42. Callum B.

Yes, here it is. Save it as TSW.ini or whatever and save it in the folder of TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping.exe. Then select the preset in-game with the reshade Home menu. Have fun tweaking it to your liking.

• Like Like x 2
  43. Random Railfan

Perfect, thank you again!

• Like Like x 1
  44. MetrolinkF125#916

Let me guess: it ain’t available on Xbox:(

45. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Nope only on PC

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  46. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

How about simply adjusting your monitor's brightness?

• Like Like x 1
  47. londonmidland

It clearly isn’t that simple and won’t resolve things...

If you have an oversaturated or blown out image, do you adjust your monitor brightness then? No.

• Like Like x 2
  48. Callum B.

Dear Mr. Clarksville,

You appear to be confusing the image properties of brightness and gamma. Adjusting monitor brightness will not fix the gamma issue.

Sincerely,
    Callum

• Like Like x 4
  49. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I went for a walk earlier, and the bit where I was walking into the sun kinda looked a lot like that. The sun really is quite bright IRL.

• Like Like x 4
  50. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Blimey, hyperbole much?!

• Like Like x 3