Any New Bugs You Would Like To See In Tsw

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by stujoy, Mar 23, 2020.

1. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Inspired by recent reports of graffiti jumping into your cab and SPAD incidents at green signals on routes that previously worked, I was wondering whether there were any things that currently work well that you would like to see broken in future updates.

This will apply more to console players of course but PC users are free to play along :D

• Like Like x 3
  2. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Aaaah - I see what you did there - putting a "Bugs & Issues" thread in a "common section" of the Forums.... Very subversive....! I like it....!

Look - this sort of thing seriously undermines the processes that DTG put in place to split out reports of Bugs & Issues that impact on real simulation enthusiasts on PC that need urgent attention... and.... eeeeuuggghhhh.... "players" on.... eeeeugggghhhh..... "console". This could create a great deal of confusion, because it is going to be much harder for DTG to quickly understand which critical game-breaking bugs and issues can be ignored for thousands of years (those that only happen on...eeeuuugghh...console...), and those bugs and issues that need to be fixed immediately*** (the fairly minor glitches that could sometimes be "a bit jarring" for proper PC simulatees).

Ooooh - you rebel, you..... ;-)

--------------------------
    ***NB: I note that the recent two hour response time (late at night on a Saturday, for the "double vision" ballast wagons issue) was quicker than the response you see given in real-life to persons crawling into A&E (or "ER") blind drunk with stab wounds to the face and neck, or to persons involved in minor road traffic accidents that need to have a limb permanently removed, to stave off the rotting gangrene process. But.... this is a service level that should obviously only be made available for PC users..... ;-O

• Like Like x 2
  3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I think it's dangerous to pre-empt the new bugs that DTG are going to introduce, but I'd like to see them start posting teasers on social media, the way they used to with new route unveilings, of what the next new bugs might be.

"Oooh, here's a picture of a train on Peninsula Corridor next to that green field which is supposed to be a lagoon. Maybe trains are going to start mysteriously derailing and rolling down the bank to the water to prove that there definitely is/isn't some liquid there..."

• Like Like x 3
  4. Trim

Trim Active Member

The gradient indicator in the HUD works perfectly at the moment, so far as I am aware...

• Like Like x 2
  5. synthetic.angel

Hang on... I fink I got the wrong end of the stick with my first response (maybe my stick is bugged...?)...

Right - um.... so - you are looking for a discussion about new bugs..... Well... these are appearing all over the place in old content, without requesting them as a feature...which is weird... and thoughtful...... but anyway.....I can offer one total nightmare scenario for you......

At the moment... if you want to know your distance to your objective... you are currently very usefully told the distance to your objective as the crow flies - a really fabulous feature indeed, especially for crows. - and future-proofed for when they introduce helicopter simulation into TSW. It would be a great shame if this got broken.... and then replaced with a very substandard method of measuring distance.... AKA... "rail miles" (or rail kms).

It is much more useful to have the current system - a direct point to point distance that you never ever travel along by train, especially on really bendy routes like RSN, where you might want to get out of the train and walk through the fields - which would be shorter than the railway line. You never ever need to know the distance actually travelled, on the chemin de fer.... so to speak - so I hope that something like that doesn't get implemented, if the current system breaks - because that sort of information would be useless.

• Like Like x 1
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

This is indeed a handy feature, which goes hand in hand with the handy information of how far you personally are from the end of the track as you reverse, rather than the useless information of how close the rear of the train you are driving is to the buffer stop. Breaking that feature and having the distance counting down to where you need to stop would take all the fun out of it.

As I have had TSW for seven months in a couple of days’ time, I will be posting a review about all the great, the good, the bad and the peculiar aspects of the game/sim as I see them and the distance measuring will feature in that, as well as some observations about the oddities of the sound implementation.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Trim

Trim Active Member

Oh yes! Since I always play with the blue Star Trek transporters turned off, the 107 yards or whatever it is is all I have to go on. Now how long are these wagons? Oh, I never counted how many wagons there were anyway, so it doesn't reaBANG!
    Ah! That'll be the place then. Better put the brakes on.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

perhaps when the player starts a service from the main menu; once it has finished loading the player could get kicked out of the game with a 'you do not have permission to drive this service' message

• Like Like x 1
  9. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

I'd like it if they managed to break the all wheels applied traction control

• Like Like x 1
  10. synthetic.angel

A bug that some might find useful is if... for no reason at all.... the "Mastery" function suddenly disappeared... without a trace.

• Like Like x 3
  11. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

On the Rocky Road scenario in Peninsula Corridor, and I play on Xbox, I encountered a bug which told me to park the cars right in the middle of the switch, I was like wtf. So when I was told to pick up the cars and take them back to the yard by running around the train, I couldn’t cuz the cars were in the way:/, so I had to go back and bring the cars a little away from the switch so I could pass through it after, and pick up the cars and take them back. That took me an extra 10 minutes, so I had completed the scenario in 50 minutes, away from the 20 minutes DTG marked as the average time to complete:(

12. MetrolinkF125#916

I was looking at the map so I didn’t actually notice that I was about to crash into a cut of 6 hopper till I closed the map and as soon as I saw the cars in front of me I slammed on the brakes, *phew:)

13. MetrolinkF125#916

And good thing I was going at under 10 mph:)